Profile for Criticjohn > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition
Flightradar24 Pro - Kindle Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant addition to my apps, 24 May 2014
A friend recommended it to me who is using it on ipad. I was delighted to find that I could get it for my Kindle Fire HD. It was soon set up; I was immediately monitoring the planes that fly in and out of Heathrow, which is a few miles from where I live. Now I know where the planes are coming from or going to!

Calculator Plus Free
Calculator Plus Free

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful to have on your Kindle, 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Calculator Plus Free (App)
The other day I was reading my newspaper (on Kindle) and wanted to do a quick calculation without having to go into another room to fetch a calculator. I wondered if there might be a ready, and free,, app. There it was! certainly useful to have on my Kindle.

MAPS.ME Pro Offline Maps
MAPS.ME Pro Offline Maps

5.0 out of 5 stars A great map!, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: MAPS.ME Pro Offline Maps (App)
A very pleasant surprise as to what it would do! From a worldwide view to pinpointing where I am actually at that moment.

The Inconvenient Skeptic: The Comprehensive Guide to the Earth's Climate
The Inconvenient Skeptic: The Comprehensive Guide to the Earth's Climate

5.0 out of 5 stars A careful study, 11 Jun 2013
Here is Avery careful day by an engineer who had few pre-conceived ideas about climate change and was only concerned with sifting the evidence.he inconveniently came to the conclusion that he was a sceptic and that carbon dioxide had very little to if anything with climate change..

The Great Scientists: From Euclid to Stephen Hawking
The Great Scientists: From Euclid to Stephen Hawking

4.0 out of 5 stars Just one disappointment!, 10 April 2013
I am a physicist and most of this excellent little book was familiar to me. Given to me as a present I found it easy to read and it could well be appreciated by a non-scientist who wants to get a quick grasp of the history of science up to the present day. The one disappointment for me was the omission of the Nobel Prize winning physicist, Richard Feynman

My Kindle Fire HD
My Kindle Fire HD
by Jim Cheshire

5.0 out of 5 stars A huge improvement on the first but also good Kindle!, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: My Kindle Fire HD (Paperback)
I have now had the Kindle Fire 5 months and am still discovering more of what it can do. Basically used for reading books it can magnify diagrams and pictures (I read a lot of science books) and downloading a newspaper and magazines means i can easily read the print which can cause problems with my eyesight these days. And its all in colour too!

States of USA
States of USA

2.0 out of 5 stars More detail would have been nice!, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: States of USA (App)
OK - it shows you where each sate is on the map of the USA, but I should have liked to be able to enlarge the map of each state to get more detail.

Clarinet Concerto K.622 a Major (Edition Eulenburg)
Clarinet Concerto K.622 a Major (Edition Eulenburg)
by Wolfgang Ama Mozart

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful bonus!, 23 Mar 2013
Buying this to replace a copy of the same work by another publisher, I had not noticed until it arrived the provision of a CD of the work. Although I have other recordings it is useful to have this one with the book. I have already used it several times as I study the piece

BBC Music Magazine
BBC Music Magazine

2.0 out of 5 stars Diappointing feature of this product, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: BBC Music Magazine (App)
For one whose sight is not so good as it used to be, this product provides plenty of scope for reading all kinds of type. However, there is no download facility for its monthly CD - at least not for Kindle Fire. Users of ipad and iphone have this facility it seems. Disappointing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 1, 2014 2:48 AM BST

iTechCover® Kindle Fire HD, 7" Black Touch Screen Stylus Pen - (2-in-1 Pack)
iTechCover® Kindle Fire HD, 7" Black Touch Screen Stylus Pen - (2-in-1 Pack)
Offered by Phone M8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful asset for the Kindle kit, 27 Feb 2013
I put them into use straightaway and found them excellent. No more smears on the tablet face and very useful, if used together for changing the size of the typeface, etc.

Page: 1 | 2