Profile for Lucy Brown > Reviews

Content by Lucy Brown

Lucy Brown "Mrs B"

A House in the Country: A Tale of Psychological Horror
A House in the Country: A Tale of Psychological Horror

5.0 out of 5 stars An addictive page turner that will keep you up all night. Brilliant., 25 Oct. 2014
This was the first of Matts books that I read, it had me up ALL night to find out how it turned out for the family! It isn't often that I can't guess how a book will end, but this one had me stumped. Well written and riveting. I think Hollywood should turn this into a movie, though unlike most books that make a great film but are lacking as a book, this is brilliant. Enjoy.

Evil Lurking Within
Evil Lurking Within

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark, funny and weird - in all the right ways!, 25 Oct. 2014
Creepy and dark yet very funny in a truly unique way. It is a page turner that has more twists and turns than a country road. I didn't know which way the story would go and never guessed how it would end. I lent it to my husband who isn't much of a book fan, and he loved it.
Enjoy.

Irish Twins
Irish Twins

3.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating look at the relationship between two sisters and how different they can be., 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Irish Twins (Kindle Edition)
Ive never read much about Ireland before but this was an interesting read. It was rather sad but very well observed, as it was a short book it didn't take long to get through but it certainly made me want to read more of her books.
It's a fascinating look at families and sisters.

Windwood Farm (Taryn's Camera Book 1)
Windwood Farm (Taryn's Camera Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars An addictive page turner, 25 Oct. 2014
One of the best most gripping books I have read in absolutely ages! A spooky and very well written story, I will be downloading the next instalment as soon as I finished typing this! It was gripping, a total page turner but also funny too. I tend to enjoy FG Cottam books, but this was even better than that. I can't praise it enough.

Marking Time: Cazalet Chronicles Book 2 (The Cazalet Chronicle)
Marking Time: Cazalet Chronicles Book 2 (The Cazalet Chronicle)

5.0 out of 5 stars superb!, 5 April 2014
This is the best chronicle of what life was like for a family during the second world war that I have Ever read! I recommend that you read All of them, they chart the lives of all the characters from the maids, mothers, cousins etc and how all of them feel and think. You cant help but get totally involved with each of them, its the best page turner I've read. I have also spoken to a dozen of my friends and family and they All feel the same way. I cant recommend any of these books enough - but do read them in sequence! It will be your favourite book purchase of the year. Enjoy.

Memory of Trees, The
Memory of Trees, The

4.0 out of 5 stars gripping, 27 Feb. 2014
A thoroughly enjoyable read. Creepy, I dont get easily spooked but the start of this book makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! It kept me turning the pages all the way through. ENJOY!!!!!!

The Resident
The Resident

5.0 out of 5 stars great book - gives you the shivers!, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Resident (Kindle Edition)
If you like a creepy tale with lots of twists to keep you turning pages - this is the book for you. Believable and enjoyable.