Profile for Peachy > Reviews

Peachy "Keen"

On The Beat: My Story
On The Beat: My Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Honesty and Humility - Great book - Great man, 19 Jan. 2015
I have just sat and read this book from cover to cover. Graham's career has always interested me as I grew up in the same town as him and also served 25 years myself in the Police although 'starting' and ending 4 years earlier than his screen role. He always gave such a good impression as a TV cop and his dedication to his art and also to the Police Service is well documented. He was the copper we all aspired to be and the calm head walking around the corner to face any situation. And that also rang true with the publics perception of him. So it was with great interest that I decided to learn more about the man in this offering. The first thing that strikes you is that Graham is such an ordinary down to earth guy. The more you read the more you learn of his honesty and humility. He is much more than Tony Stamp from Sun Hill as you will see. If you don't buy the book then you will be missing out on a real feel good easy and much needed read about a lad who followed a dream to fruitition. He would probably tell you himself that he is nothing special...but that is one of his great qualities. He never ever forgot where he came from. A fascinating read and for me a real trip down memory lane from the town that I grew up in and love....which was a real bonus....

TRIXES USB 56K External Dial Up Voice Fax Data Modem for Windows
TRIXES USB 56K External Dial Up Voice Fax Data Modem for Windows
Offered by Digiflex

5.0 out of 5 stars Faxes? Lol, 17 Mar. 2013
Like a step back in time, in order to communicate with the bureaucracy of another country I found myself needing to to fax. First thought - where do I go from here? Cue this amazing little device that picked up via Windows 7 thru a usb and allowed me to send a document just like an email! It works cos I received a reply a few days later - ease of use 100%. Recommended wholeheartedly!!!

Dead Simple (Roy Grace series Book 1)
Dead Simple (Roy Grace series Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 1 April 2012
This author was suggested to me by a family member - I like his style and storytelling and found this book a great start to a series which I am currently reading through - Roy Grace is a plausible down to earth character and the police procedures detailed lead me to believe the author was either a Police officer or has a very close friend/assistant in the Force - a very entertaining book with a very unusual plot - great twists too - Well done Mr James!!!

The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently (Penguin Health Care & Fitness)
The Only Way to Stop Smoking Permanently (Penguin Health Care & Fitness)
by Allen Carr

5.0 out of 5 stars How about 10 years without fags??, 15 May 2007
Having read all the reviews for this book I feel I am fully qualified in being able to state that this book DOES WORK!!! Back in October 1997 I read this book - and by page 60 I had quit-not only quit but enjoyed the experience of doing so...

I have never fancied a cigarette since - I can sit in a room with smokers and only choose to leave because of the smell - not the jealous pangs of wanting one that cold turkey attempts leave you with. I didn't even want to give up. Allen Carr actually wrote to me personally back then, congratulating me on my success. The best way I can describe it is this. Imagine smoking is like a woolly jumper. Allen unravels the 'jumper' slowly but surely until it is no longer there. So - do not worry that it is allegedly ill written - don't worry that it may seem laborious to some. If you read it carefully and committedly then there should be no stopping you from quitting. So especially now with July 1st on the horizon get yourself a copy and get yourself free. It WILL save your life. Not bad for less than a tenner?