Profile for JT > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Silverline 868768 Ear Defenders Expert Folding SNR 33dB
Silverline 868768 Ear Defenders Expert Folding SNR 33dB

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job for my needs, 16 Aug. 2012
I don't work on the runway at Heathrow, or as sound engineer for motorhead. It's something way noisier than that, I work with a gaggle of squawking women and these are brilliant for cutting out the racket they produce when talking about last nights telly. This product is worth it's weight in gold.

DK Eyewitness Pocket Map And Guide: Venice
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map And Guide: Venice
by Collectif

1.0 out of 5 stars DK misfires badly, 10 Aug. 2012
I'm a massive fan of all the shapes and sizes of DK guides but this one (and the larger DK top 10 Venice guide) are proper stinkers for a few basic reasons. Although they contain the standard information you'd expect, in both of the above mentioned (which are the most recent print runs) the prices it quotes for entry to the main attractions-namely the Doge's Palace, the Campanile and Academia-were listed as at least 60% less than the real price. (We didn't go to the Basilica so can't comment on that). The second fault was there was no mention of the infamous Venice "tourist tax" whereby every visitor has to pay one euro per hotel star per person per night for the first five days. The first we knew of this was at check in to the hotel. So 4 nights for a couple in a 4 star hotel means you have to pay 32 euros in cash on check out. I would have expected to find this basic information in the "arriving in Venice" part of the guide. (We never found out why it had to be paid in cash.) Thirdly, the guide does not explain how long it takes to get from Marco Polo airport to the city and how hard it is to establish the best means of transport. (We were told to get water taxi-115 euros!) We couldn't get the cheaper option-the Vaporetto because it didn't stop near our hotel so it left the Alilaguna water bus-a painfully long 90 minutes on an overcrowded boat with our cases on our knees. Again, none of this was mentioned in the "arriving" part of the guide. The only saving grace of this edition was the laminated map which was invaluable for negotiating the narrow streets. So, Venice is gorgeous and well worth a visit, but take a different guide with you rather than this one!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2013 9:29 PM BST

Prometheus - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace
Offered by MusicnMedia

1.0 out of 5 stars What a dog's dinner of a movie, 26 July 2012
A confused mess of a film where God only knows what the director was thinking. I only hope the special edition features 10 minutes of previously unseen footage of Ridley Scott apologising profusely for making a movie even worse than Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. And that's saying something. NB I saw the film with 2 friends, one of whom has had a hernia operation. You know where I'm going with this-Shaw had major surgery and then took off down the corridor like Paula Radcliffe in the 2003 London marathon, yet my friend was hobbling about like James Caan in "misery" 6 months after his operation! Insulting.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2012 1:37 PM BST

Asics Mens Watch QA4349004 with Grey Dial and Grey Rubber Strap
Asics Mens Watch QA4349004 with Grey Dial and Grey Rubber Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 31 Mar. 2012
A fantastic stylish watch at a brilliant price, perfect for running with. What more do you want for 14 quid? Stop dithering and buy one! It cost less than a take away!

Vangoddy Laurel Compact System Digital Camera Camcorder Case fits Compact System Camera, Pocket Camcorder, Flash Memory Camcorder like Panasonic Lumix DMC Camera / Sony NEX Camera / Samsung / Nikon 1 Camera / Sony Handycam / Kodak Playfull / Kodak Playsport / Panasonic Full HD Camcorder / Flip Ultra HD / Flip Mino HD / Sony Bloggie and other similar size Compact System Camera, Pocket Camcorder, Flash Memory Camcorder ((blue)
Offered by BestpricecenterUK

4.0 out of 5 stars So nearly perfect!, 31 Mar. 2012
God knows I've been through camera bags lately trying to find one just the right size for my EPL-1 and had almost given up. Here is one which is the perfect size for the body+14-42mm lens and electronic viewfinder perched on top. It also has room for cable and (small) blower brush. It drops a mark for not being 10% bigger then it would have been big enough to house charger too but despite this a decent stylish little bag at a good price-and knocks the official Olympus "Pen" range of cases into a cocked hat.

Olympus PEN Wrapping Case
Olympus PEN Wrapping Case
Offered by Great Western Cameras

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG How can a product be this bad?, 27 Mar. 2012
Olympus should stick to cameras and stop selling accessories. Let me tell you why. This product is easily one of the worst designed and over priced items I have ever bought. First things first-it simply doesn't fit the camera (Olympus pen). I have the electronic viewfinder and with that perched on the top of the camera body the "flap" lid of this case simply won't close without stretching it to reach the Velcro. Next the price-20 quid!! It's nothing more than a stitched piece of nylon with some Velcro strips-so how this price is justified I'll never know (I know-I'm the muppet who paid that price, but I wanted something snug and waterproof that would protect my beloved Pen when out and about in bad weather. If it did that effectively I wouldn't mind the price.) And finally-the delivery of it. I'm a Prime customer which means unlimited overnight delivery yet it took four days to reach me (stand up and take a bow HDNL-again.)
NB I also have the Olympus Pen Street case-just as awful-so tiny a flea would feel claustrophobic in it and yes that also costs 20 quid. I will be returning for a refund as soon as I can find the packaging. Will never but an Olympus case again.

Addict Worldwide Logo Mens T-Shirt Grey Small
Addict Worldwide Logo Mens T-Shirt Grey Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 24 Mar. 2012
Great top, fits nicely, washes well. What else can I say, it won't change my life or anything! Despite this I would recommend.

Timberland Mens Essential Flame Rugby Jersey Laquer 27285-691 Small
Timberland Mens Essential Flame Rugby Jersey Laquer 27285-691 Small

4.0 out of 5 stars It's just a top, 14 Jan. 2012
What can I say? Very nice, especially for the money. Another reviewer suggested the red colour runs into the white collar when washing, but that hasn't happened with me washing at 40 degrees.

Olympus Street Case for PEN Medium
Olympus Street Case for PEN Medium

3.0 out of 5 stars Too expensive, 14 Jan. 2012
I like it, but it's tiny and no way on this earth is it worth 20 quid. Just about room for camera body and small lens and the charger and cable at a push. Even a small accessory like the electronic viewfinder makes it bulge when I do up the zip. Needs to be 50% bigger and then would be just about worth the price tag.

Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - Steampunk
Gelaskins Protective Skin for The Kindle Keyboard - Steampunk

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably good!, 14 Jan. 2012
I was very cautious about ordering this product-after all it was almost 20 quid for what amounts to a posh sticker, and I've always had problems with this type of protector, it's easy to muck up the application and leave bits of dust under them or worse, the dreaded air bubbles. However, all it took was a steady hand and 5 minutes and I can't get over how awesome it's made my kindle look (and not an air bubble in sight!)Even the tiny stickers that go over the page turn buttons look great. If you're dithering over getting one, take a leap of faith and order, you won't be sorry. (PS Amazon Prime is brilliant-I ordered at 7pm on Friday night and it arrived at 8.30 Saturday morning-and I live in deepest darkest Lincolnshire! How do they get it to me so quickly?)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10