Profile for JT > Reviews

I, Claudius [1976] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Derek Jacobi
Offered by TVserieshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Was a very dodgy copy.., 3 Jun. 2013
This review is from: I, Claudius [1976] [DVD] (DVD)
The series was, of course, a classic. This DVD is a disgrace though-badly packaged with sleevenotes in a foreign language and the actors faces appearing on screen as blue as a smurf. Was unwatchable and no value for money whatsoever even at a tenner. Was returned and a complaint put in to Amazon. Order a dearer one from another seller.

The Shocking Miss Emerald
The Shocking Miss Emerald

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the same, 3 Jun. 2013
As long as you weren't expecting a departure from her first album style then you won't be disappointed. If her first album was 5 stars then this is almost (but not quite) as good, and worth 4 stars. It's good, but not as catchy a collection of pop songs (I hesitate to say Jazz songs-Itunes reckons it's Jazz but I'd disagree) as her first offering. Great for the car though and really nicely packaged.

Belkin Dualfit Sports Armband for New iPod Nano (5th Generation) - Caviar
Belkin Dualfit Sports Armband for New iPod Nano (5th Generation) - Caviar
Offered by BESTBUYIT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 3 Jun. 2013
Will only work with one model of IPod nano (4th gen without video camera) so as long as this is your model this'll be just the job for you. A superior arm band made of nice neoprene that fits perfectly, keeps it dry and even allows the clickwheel to work (albeit less well) through the clear window. For a fiver you can't go wrong (unless you have a different gen IPod then you can and will go wrong).

Genuine C-Shell CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Storage Cases, Clear, 50 pack
Genuine C-Shell CD/DVD/Blu-Ray Storage Cases, Clear, 50 pack
Offered by Promediasupplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 3 Jun. 2013
It's hard to get excited about a CD case but I made an exception for these beauties-they are dead futuristic looking and loads nicer than a clear plastic wallet. My original 50 are dwindling fast though as friends and family are always at them so my advice is keep them in a cupboard and learn from my mistakes of giving them pride of place in a display cabinet.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Did the job, but pricey, 3 Jun. 2013
They are fine, and gave my ageing Technics turntable a new lease of life. However, I question the price for such a basic product (4 sticky pads) but I was desperate to get my record player playing records again before the weekend.

Andrew James Professional 850W Whole Fruit Power Juicer, Includes 2 Year Warranty, Juice Jug And Cleaning Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Is good enough for the money. Shame about the postage costs though., 3 Jun. 2013
Is perfectly good enough for the 30 odd quid, it's easy to use, easy to clean and isn't as noisy as I thought it would be. The sucker pads on the base are a good idea too, however they stick to the worktop all the time so it's a pain to move. But you can't have it both ways I guess! Aside from that, the pulp comes out soggy (I understand that in several more expensive models the pulp comes out dry) which isn't a problem to me. It's ace to see the apples (which go in whole) disappear and turn into lovely fresh juice. Worth a punt if you aren't sure if you'll use loads. It looks way more expensive, BTW, than it is-perfect as a wedding gift for someone you aren't that keen on but want to appear more generous than you are.

3M Peltor Optime I Ear Defenders, Headband, (H510A-401-GU)
3M Peltor Optime I Ear Defenders, Headband, (H510A-401-GU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't cut out the squawking, 28 May 2013
It doesn't really do the job, so why 4 stars, I hear you ask? Well I doubt any product anywhere on Earth could cut out the noise from the women at work so it isn't a fair test of the product. If they merely had to block out the noise of a nuclear explosion or the front row of a Motorhead gig they'd be fine I'm sure.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2013 9:28 AM GMT

Rob Ryan Enamel Mug
Rob Ryan Enamel Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars Is a great tin mug, 28 May 2013
Beautifully made and decorated product, I was bought one as a gift and loved it so I ordered one for my GF who also loves it. Can't say any more, it's only a mug after all! But a very nice one.

Elasticated Sweat Band - Zip Wrist Wallet - Gym Purse (Navy Blue)
Elasticated Sweat Band - Zip Wrist Wallet - Gym Purse (Navy Blue)
Offered by Just4ugifts

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't do what it says on the description., 22 May 2013
How can something so simple NOT fulfil it's function? It is simply too small to fit my house keys in! However, it fitted a 2 pound coin in just fine. So if you ever go on a shopping trip to somewhere dodgy and intend to spend just a couple of quid then this is the product for you.

Girl Talk
Girl Talk

3.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Kate!, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Girl Talk (Audio CD)
I love her other albums but this is just unfathomable and only got played once. Not a patch on Made Of Bricks. Still love her though.

A month later....I was maybe a bit too hasty. Have given it another go and it is def growing on me. Will keep you posted (bet you can't wait)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10