Profile for JT > Reviews

JT "JT" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Acc-Sees Velvet Antistatic Vinyl Brush
Acc-Sees Velvet Antistatic Vinyl Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars Was worth it just for the reaction of the over 40s, 21 Jun. 2013
Everyone I know who saw this said the same-"I remember them!" The design hasn't changed in 40 odd years. Brilliant :-)

Wonder Holder for Mobile Phones, Smart Phones, Satellite Navigation and iPods
Wonder Holder for Mobile Phones, Smart Phones, Satellite Navigation and iPods
Offered by Refresh eCommerce

4.0 out of 5 stars Is ok..., 21 Jun. 2013
Is expensive for what it is, but does the job quite nicely. Also I think "wonder holder" is a bit of a stretch, it's just a magnet. Everyone knows a magnet attracts metal. It isn't one of life's great mysteries.

Marathon Trafalgar Stripe 5 Pair Pack Sock Men's Socks multicolored One Size
Marathon Trafalgar Stripe 5 Pair Pack Sock Men's Socks multicolored One Size

5.0 out of 5 stars Good father's day gift., 21 Jun. 2013
My dad loves them, however my mum squawked at him "Tony, you aren't wearing those at your age!" Since when was a 72 year old banned from wearing socks?? Anyway, he loves them. (apart from the 2 pairs of plain black ones)

A Day at the Races [VINYL]
A Day at the Races [VINYL]

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a review of the music., 19 Jun. 2013
This review is from: A Day at the Races [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I hate it when the review is not for the product, but a soapbox for the reviewer to have a moan about something else, but I felt I had to share my experience with other vinyl junkies.
The music speaks for itself, Queen at their (almost) best. Unbelievable to think this is almost 40 years old, and A Day At The Races is my fave Queen LP. I ordered a new, pristine copy in order to frame and have on the wall and intended to keep my battered old copy for listening to. However, after barely 12 hours in the hands of Parcelforce (or ParcelFARCE one of their own drivers referred to it as) my new pristine copy is frankly, knackered. It looks 40 years old, the sleeve is creased and damaged and has been crushed under something in a van somewhere because there is an imprint of the record shape embedded in the card of the sleeve-must have been something really heavy to do that. It plays fine, but as I said, I wanted this copy to have on the wall as a reminder of my formative years. I can't return for an exchange cos it's now out of stock. So THANKS FOR NOTHING, PARCELFORCE. I'll stick to buying from my local record shop until either Amazon come up with a better package for something as delicate as an LP, or they use a courier that does't HATE its customers. Shame on you, Parcelforce for reinforcing the recent stereotype that today's couriers are a load of cowboys. Rant over. Bet this review is censored or refused.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 9:28 PM BST

Dedicated
Dedicated

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit predictable, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Dedicated (Audio CD)
I have been into Wilson Phillips on and off for 20 years and loved their "California" album. This follow up is fine...but nothing more. The song choices were I thought a bit predictable (California Dreaming, anyone? and ANOTHER version of Monday Monday)so four stars girls, much as I'd love to give you one. More.

Fallen
Fallen
Offered by Assai-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars I was 10 years late..., 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Fallen (Audio CD)
...but better late than never-a fine album that mixes angst, guitars and a gothic flavour in one 5 quid CD. I am, however a middle aged tosser and I suspect when the likes of me are listening to it in the car on the way to work, the kids are listening to something else.

Another Earth [Blu-ray]
Another Earth [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ William Mapother

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film of the year, 5 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Another Earth [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
A simply lovely film that can be taken any way you want (you'd have to watch it to understand what I mean). Britt Marling plays her role perfectly and the final three seconds of the movie made the hairs on my neck stand up in a creepy way, and made me cry, all at the same time. A most strange sensation. I hope this review prompts someone, anyone, to see this hidden gem of a movie and discover for themselves how special it is.

Philips CSS2123/05 60W Sound Bar Home Cinema Speaker - Black/Silver
Philips CSS2123/05 60W Sound Bar Home Cinema Speaker - Black/Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 5 Jun. 2013
Ordered this to beef up the sound on my telly (42" Samsung plasma) as I suspect most people do who order this or similar. The pros-it gives an adequate sound for an average sized living room (if you want alot better you'll have to spend 3 times as much, I suspect) and it connects to my TV nicely with a 5 quid digital optical cable. Is also quite discreet (providing you hide the subwoofer somewhere).
On the negative (and this is a well annoying, stupid, how did it get off the drawing board? type thing), the receiver for the remote is positioned on the top of the thing so you can't point the remote at it to get it to work-you have to stand up and point the remote downwards onto it. Stupid, stupid..) But it costs less than a ton so I forgive it.

GelaSkins 13 inch Unibody Skin for Apple MacBook Air/Pro - Bookshelf
GelaSkins 13 inch Unibody Skin for Apple MacBook Air/Pro - Bookshelf

3.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking, offers limited protection, 5 Jun. 2013
Is more of a decoration that a protective layer-it's basically just a posh sticker that sticks to the lid of my Macbook. Don't get me wrong, at 20 quid it isn't cheap but is very very nice in design and in the smooth way it sticks. Just one word of warning, Macbook lovers-it covers the illuminated white Apple logo so it can't be seen. My solution was to use one of the Apple stickers you get when you buy an Apple product to stick over the middle of my new Macbook sticker. (I often wondered why Apple supply those. Now I know). I doubt it would save your precious aluminium laptop if you dropped it though....I also doubt it would prevent much damage from any knock, spill or scratch. Ooh one more thing, I ordered mine direct from Amazon, I've since seen some market sellers are knocking out some of these Gelaskins at a fiver, so do your research before ordering.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, just brilliant, 5 Jun. 2013
What a great product, it turns an LAN router into a wireless router in a piece of kit smaller than a matchbox. I got one to use at work (turns the whole of the premises into a wifi zone) and I understand they are popular to take on hols to turn a hotel room into a wifi hotspot. The range is limited, but in the place I work (a shop about 10mx10m) it works fine. Is a neat looking thing too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10