Profile for KC > Reviews

Content by KC

KC (UK West Country)

Page: 1 | 2
TaoTronics® Elune Desk Lamp (Detachable Head Torch, 3 Level Dimmable Touch Sensitive Button 5V/0.5A USB Charging Port) - Marble White
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in all respects., 13 Dec 2014
I have had this light for a while now and it is excellent. First impressions were that the product package was top quality. I thought these guys have been taking lessons from Apple. And on using the lamp the quality feel continues. So many gadgets and appliances these days seem to come from a here today gone tomorrow brand where quality of the item is quite poor and the packaging matches. It is good to know that there are premium products out there. Lamp and vendor recommended.

Decrescent Razor 2.1A Thin USB Mains Power Adaptor for Apple iPod, iPhone and iPad (10 Year Manufacturer Warranty)
Offered by Decrescent

2.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars for Customer Service and Zero stars for the product. Two stars overall - probably too generous., 24 Nov 2014
I would like to give this product a good review, but I can't in all honesty.

First the good. Fast delivery and when one of the two ordered was DOA the service from Decrescent including commuications was excellence. Nothing to fault about that.

I just wish they had a better product. Out of four sent (two original and two replacement) one was working, one intermittent and two dead. The working one died whilst we were away for this last weekend (after delivering at most a dozen charges). The one which worked intermittently has also died.

So I have four useless pieces of plastic and electronics for recycling!

Since we were staying in London not far from the Regent Street Apple Store I purchased one of their iPad chargers, for £15.00, which will last ages even though it is a bit bulkier.

It is a lesson learned.

Swift Faringdon Collection Bakers Pride Non-Stick French Bread Pan Carbon Steel 39 cm x 16 cm x 2.5 cm
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars A problem solved, 15 Dec 2013
Using this I am now producing great baguettes. I already had the dough and proving sorted, this pan just ensures that my products are the right shape and length. The ideal length for the typical home oven.

Master Class Stainless Steel Dough Cutter
Master Class Stainless Steel Dough Cutter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Dec 2013
I'm very pleased with this. It is a simple, robust and functional tool. It is amazing how accurately I can be dividing up batches of dough by eye before weighing them. Recommended to all keen bakers who produce dough in bulk.

Detailing and Modifying Ready-to-Run Locomotives in 00 Gauge: British Steam Locomotives, 1948-1968 v. 2
by George Dent

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 15 Dec 2013
If you want to model rather than plonk ready to run locos on track this is a great book. Dent is a skilled modeller and shows how to individualise commercial products so the steam locos on your layout won't look a bog standard out of the box effort.

Railway Modelling: The Realistic Way
Railway Modelling: The Realistic Way
by Iain Rice

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent grounding, 15 Dec 2013
I have returned to the hobby after twenty years and I wish I had bought this book 12 months ago. It would have saved me some cash and I would have developed a better focus on my plans. Whether one agrees with Rice or not he is IMHO an inspirational figure who has thought very deeply about the hobby. He writes with great experience and wisdom and in this book he articulates a great overview of how to become a modeller rather than being a train set aficionado.

Highly recommended.

Black Premium PU Leather Flip Case for Apple iPhone 4S / iPhone 4
Black Premium PU Leather Flip Case for Apple iPhone 4S / iPhone 4
Offered by TechDecor UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 14 Aug 2013
For the price this seems to be a robust and well made case. It lives in my pocket with keys and change so is showing a few inevitable signs of wear. Nonetheless it is holding up well. It does an excellent job of protecting the phone and holds it securely with no chance of it falling from the phone.

My mates with iPhones like the look of it and are impressed particularly with the very useful pockets for tickets / bank cards.

When I upgrade my phone in a few months to a version with a larger screen I'll get another.

iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S LUXURY SYNTHETIC LEATHER POUCH CASE COVER
iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S LUXURY SYNTHETIC LEATHER POUCH CASE COVER

3.0 out of 5 stars Lasted about 9 months, 14 Aug 2013
Very pleased whilst it lasted. It didn't stand up to the rigours of ownership as well as it might. For the price I'm not going to complain.

Icon Eyewear Keyhole Round Matt Black +1.00 Reading Glasses
Icon Eyewear Keyhole Round Matt Black +1.00 Reading Glasses

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and nasty feel, 14 Aug 2013
Not a lot positive to say about these. They look good in the picture yet the reality is they fragile and don't last.

Sight Station Rob Black Reading Glasses Strength 1
Sight Station Rob Black Reading Glasses Strength 1

2.0 out of 5 stars Fragile Frames, 14 Aug 2013
I have had two pairs of these and they have both broken within 3 to 6 months of purchase. The weakness seems to be in the frame where the hinge is connected. Both pairs have failed in the same place. Not good enough. I'm going to steer clear of Sight Station specs from now on.

I have only given two stars because while they last they are comfortable and fairly stylish.

Avoid.