Profile for Swan Song > Reviews

Cinnamon [2000mg] - 120 Tablet Bottle [Ceylon Cinnamon]
Cinnamon [2000mg] - 120 Tablet Bottle [Ceylon Cinnamon]
Offered by VitaminRox

5.0 out of 5 stars Cinnamon works!, 27 July 2014
Cinnamon really does lower blood sugar levels! I went for a routine blood test and nurse could not believe my glucose level had gone down. I told her about taking Cinnamon and she was amazed but told me to continue. A friend who has insulin injections also tried these and was delighted to record several points lower each morning.
So I am spreading the word Cinnamon works and these are the best I have found!

Snuff: (Discworld Novel 39) (Discworld series)
Snuff: (Discworld Novel 39) (Discworld series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Snuff, 8 Aug. 2012
In my opinion "Snuff" is a winner!
It's a good story but when you add Terry Pratchett's wicked humour and a sprinkling of characters from other Disc World books it's like meeting old friends. There are laugh-out-loud moments side by side with events which make the reader question the values and attitudes of our own society. I couldn't put it down and would love more Sam Vimes stories.

Sea Of Dreams
Sea Of Dreams
by Susan Sallis

5.0 out of 5 stars Sea of Dreams, 1 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Sea Of Dreams (Paperback)
I would recommend 'Sea of Dreams', especially to someone new to Susan Sallis.
Susan Sallis really makes her characters believable and manages to weave them all together even though they are such a diverse mix. The story has great pace and I couldn't put it down.
My one small criticism would be the ending which I felt was just a little too neat - but then, it's fiction!

Marriage And Other Games
Marriage And Other Games
by Veronica Henry

2.0 out of 5 stars Marriage and Other Games., 25 May 2011
I very nearly gave up on this book. By page 50 I was thoroughly depressed and actually found myself skimming great junks of text. I have read and enjoyed all of Veronica Henry's previous books and perhaps it's because I was so looking forward to this latest that I felt so let down. The style of writing just wasn't like her. Far to much introspection early on and no action (and I don't mean bedroom action!).
I did finish the book and it improved when Charlotte reached Exmoor, but I can't recommend it.

Come Rain Or Shine
Come Rain Or Shine
by Susan Sallis
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars Come Rain Or Shine, 1 May 2011
I am reading my way through Susan Sallis books and this was my latest. It is not, in my opinion, her best but it is very enjoyable and,once again, she really gets 'inside' her characters especially Maisie. I wasn't prepared for the Lesbian aspect but it was just one of the many threads she weaves so sensatively!
If you are considering Susan Sallis - my favourite (so far) is 'No Man's Island'.

Sea Music
Sea Music
by Sara MacDonald

3.0 out of 5 stars New Reader, 9 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Sea Music (Paperback)
This is the first book I've read by this author. I chose it as a change from Susan Sallis, Maeve Binchy, Marcia Willett but I was totally unprepared for the graphic descriptions of Nazi attrocities. I was born at the end of WW2 so I grew up with the revelations and the horror but I wasn't expecting to be thrown head first back into it in a book called Sea Music! The cover notes were totally inadequate.
It is skillfully written - yes it was compulsive reading but, to be honest, I personally was looking for escapism not more watching loved ones' dying moments.
I feel the publishers/author should have been more honest in their description/cover notes. Buying on the internet readers rely on these descriptions to make a choice.
My conclusion : well crafted but too dark and depressing for me.
Will I read another? Possibly!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars SanDisk SDHC 8GB, 18 Jun. 2009
I'm not really into all the technical details. I bought a Fuji Finepix J150w and wanted a card for it. I looked at a whole range and chose this one. I felt I might as well go for 8GB and the price on Amazon was very good. So far it is working well. I've taken loads of pics and tried out video recording.

Sherlock Holmes and the Underpants Of Death
Sherlock Holmes and the Underpants Of Death
by Chris Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter Guaranteed!, 29 April 2009
In these days of doom and gloom, an evening spent with this little book will restore your spirits. I was 'banished' from the lounge for repeatedly laughing outloud whilst other family members were absorbed with Eastenders. Now they are queuing up to read it! I would say it it Spike Milligan humour but you can judge for yourself by using Amazons brilliant "Look Inside" facility. Funniest book I've read for ages - hope Chris Wood writes more!