Profile for R. Haigh > Reviews

Content by R. Haigh

R. Haigh (Northampton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Random Access Memories
Random Access Memories

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect this to be another Discovery, 21 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Random Access Memories (Audio CD)
A little dissapointed by this album, quite different to their previous work. Also, it's a shame that one of the best tracks is ruined by a voice over from a man telling his life story.

Babel (Digipack With Bonus Tracks)
Babel (Digipack With Bonus Tracks)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but no Sigh No More, 30 Oct. 2012
A few good track on this second album (would definitely recommend the Deluxe version), but not quite Sigh No More

Steve Coogan in ... Coogan's Run [DVD]
Steve Coogan in ... Coogan's Run [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Coogan

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DVD for Coogan fan, 11 July 2012
This |DVD is simply a must have for any Steve Coogan fan, or any fan of dark comedy in general.

Venom Twin Charging Cradle: Black (Xbox 360)
Venom Twin Charging Cradle: Black (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very smart piece of kit!, 14 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This charger is a very smart bit of kit, it looks great next to the other stuff under my telly. The charger itself is a gloss black finish, whereas the battery packs are matte black, to match the new controllers.

Batteries seem to hold their charge for a good duration, and they charge pretty quickly.

The only minor points I have are:

1) The power cut-off function doesn't seem to work, at least not as I thought it would. I assumed the lights would go off when it's done charging, whereas they actually just stay green forever. Although I'm not sure if any power is going into the batteries in this mode or not, maybe 'auto-off' just means the LEDs remain on while power to the batteries is cut off.

2) The red/green LEDs are maybe a little TOO bright; I found myself turning the charger sideways so as not to get blinded! Although this does illuminate the entire cupboard when its dark!

These points are not enough to detract from the 5 Star rating though, all in all very good product.

August CR100 - FM Transmitter with 3.5mm In / USB Port / Card Reader - In Car MP3 Player for Smartphones and Tablets - Apple / Android / Blackberry Compatible
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, 12 Jan. 2012
Pros:
- VERY easy to set up.
- Sound quality better than expected (when interferrence is at a minimum).
- Looks good.
- Goes into cigarette lighter deeper than you think (doesn't stick out).

Cons:
- Couldn't get the remote to work.
- Bass and other low frequency sounds are a little 'crackly'.
- In USB mode, only plays 'mp3's (not 'm4a's).

Overall, very good for the price I paid (£7.49)

HTC TC B250 Micro USB Mains Charger
HTC TC B250 Micro USB Mains Charger
Offered by Crazy Bee

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 12 Jan. 2012
Excellent quality. Not sure if item is 'official', but it indistiguishable from the charger that came with my HTC phone.

The Hills Have Eyes [DVD]
The Hills Have Eyes [DVD]
Dvd ~ Susan Lanier
Offered by Love-Your-Books

1.0 out of 5 stars How is this a 'classic'?, 1 July 2011
This review is from: The Hills Have Eyes [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know why people love this film, I thought it was aweful.

I found it really hard to care about the characters, and therefore I didn't care when they died (which is really bad for a film of this sort).

If this film didn't have 'Wes Craven' written on it, I'd think it was some student project that wouldn't have made the grade.

1 star (and that goes to the factory that made the DVD)

Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)
Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Turbotrance

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but still very buggy., 26 Nov. 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Far Cry 2 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
Despite purchasing this game a year and a half after it's release, I found the game to be very glitchy still, especially towards the end. Some bugs prevented me from simply completing the story mode by missing out vital characters/items, and others freeze the game altogether. I was very surprised that the bugs had not been patched before now (Nov 2010).

If the game was bug free however, it would get a high rating from me. The good gameplay, brilliant graphics, and an excellent map editor would have kept me interested for a long time.

However, the bugs/glitches were too much of an issue for the good aspects to keep me playing, which is very frustrating. This could have been an excellent game, but it is simply broken.

Tip: If you buy this game and play the story mode, save your game very frequently using multiple saves.

Western Digital My Passport Essential 500GB USB 2.0 Portable External Hard Drive - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great peice of kit, 25 May 2010
This item is really great (500Gb My Passport), it is really small and looks really nice. The shiny black finish makes it look really smart. On the underside, there are small rubber pads that stop it sliding around on most surfaces. And yes, it works fine with an Xbox 360 too.

I'd just like to address some negative issues I've noticed amongst other reviews.

1. The cable - People say that the connection is flimsy at the hard drive end, but it really isn't. Quite sturdy if you ask me.

2. Software - Yes, it comes with some pointless software on a 'virtual CD' (which assigns itself a second drive letter), but if you have autorun disabled like I do, it really doesn't get in the way at all.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice shoes (if a little pricey), 31 Dec. 2009
Vans Classic Slip On - Chillie/Blk

When the Vans arrived I was very impressed with the suede effect on the top of the shoe, which is difficult to see from the pictures.

Very nice shoes, just about worth the extra money Amazon/Office is charging for this style.

Page: 1 | 2