Profile for Flames > Reviews

Content by Flames

Flames "Flamesy" (In your mind pressing buttons)

Tracker: Book 6 (A Rylee Adamson Novel)
Tracker: Book 6 (A Rylee Adamson Novel)
Price: 2.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Tracker, 6 April 2014
A good book however a bit short.
As normal lots of twists and turn and a must for any rylee Adamson fan.

Blind Salvage: Book 5 (A Rylee Adamson Novel)
Blind Salvage: Book 5 (A Rylee Adamson Novel)
Price: 2.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Blind salvage, 21 Nov 2013
Rylee develops more within this book. And each character also shows development.
The read is good an as always a roller coaster. However it did feel slightly like it was just a set up for the following book.
There is loss of life at the end that while sad did not seem to grab you. I feel more of rylees emotions should have been brought to the fore front to punch you in the emotional gut.
Looking forward to the next book as the lead up gives it much promise.
If your a fan of Rylee this book is a must. For a first time reader I advise you start at book 1.

Black City (A Black Wings Novel)
Black City (A Black Wings Novel)
Price: 4.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Black city, 6 Nov 2013
This book is much much darker then the others.
Madeline if changing and I'm not sure if I like what she is becoming.
The book shows the power of a mother's love and the lengths a woman will go to protect her child.
However how do you know it's a step to far?
There is a huge twist at the end and then the final cliff hanger!
Looking forward to the next book. Hopefully the wait won't be too long!

Blood of an Ancient (A Beri O'Dell Book)
Blood of an Ancient (A Beri O'Dell Book)
Price: 2.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood of an ancient, 5 Nov 2013
What a great second instalment.
The strength between the characters develops and drags each one into your heart.
I read the book in 1 day. Unable to put it down. Unable to guess the plot and each twist grips you tighter.
Still a few unanswered questions I would like to see in the next book.
Can't wait to read it.

Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O'Dell)
Dweller on the Threshold (Beri O'Dell)
Price: 2.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Dweller on the threshold, 4 Nov 2013
This is a fast paced book.
The main character is easy to connect wit however I would have personally liked a touch more wittyness.
There is a lot to take in and learn and at times I felt the book moving to fast to unravel all the information. However it was good in the respect I was unable to guess the ending and all the links. Sure I had an idea but it was refreshing to still be guessing until it was all revealed.
Looking forward to read the next book.
Defiantly worth the purchase.

Darkness Rising: The Dark Angel Series: Book Two (Dark Angels 2)
Darkness Rising: The Dark Angel Series: Book Two (Dark Angels 2)
Price: 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness Rising, 20 Jan 2013
Wow, great second instalment. I may have spoken out loud the word 'no!' When I turned the last page, did not want it to end! Off to download the next one now!

Under Wraps (Underworld Detection Agency)
Under Wraps (Underworld Detection Agency)
Price: 0.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Underworld detection agency, 19 July 2012
Before I bought this book I read the previous review. In ways that review holds good points. It's not the best book in the world. But it's far from the worst either.
If your looking for a strong female lead who has been fighting for her life since she was three. Don't buy this book. If your looking for a down to earth normal woman dumped into having to investigate horrific murders and kidnappings,who is more comfortable throwing a fun at an attacker rather than firing itit however givegive this book a shot.
The next book in the series has many improvements. And I have just downloaded the third and looking forward to reading it.
I am glad the second book was such an improvement it took my there star rating of this one up to four.
Don't be put off by knowing it's not the greatest book. Try it, you may enjoy it! I did.

Dead Witch Walking
Dead Witch Walking
Price: 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of entire series so far., 30 May 2012
Stop thinking about buying this series and go buy it!
This series made me laugh and cry, In fact I spent a couple of nights dreaming about the characters and story lines in this series!
There are times when I felt the author slipping but she always pulled it back either later in the book or in the next book. I was nice to be on a book later in the series and read something referring to something mentioned in passing in the first few book that suddenly refreshes your memory of the journey Rachel, Ivy, Jenks and all the other characters have made.
Be warned when looking for the series on here later on, it will be under either; Rachel Morgan Book #, or The Hollows Book #,
This caught me out a few times.
Great Value for money however the last few do get a bit pricey but they are much newer. Definitely worth the read.
Great Book, Great Author.

Lupine Howl: The Complete First Series
Lupine Howl: The Complete First Series
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars unsure, 29 May 2012
I am currently on book three of this book. It is good value for money but you need to know they are short stories. I wasn't expecting this and was in shock when within half hour of reading I was on the second book.

Grammar and spelling are an issue with this book, hsi instead of his, bear instead of beer, letters missed. this pulls me out of the story line.

So far I am not overly impressed I will finish the full book but it's slow and the main characters are currently undeveloped. Hopefully this will improve as I go on.

*** So I have finished the books now. I am still left unsure. The books do get longer as each one passes. At times the plot seemed to be lacking. The Characters did not become developed in fact I felt they almost had totally different personalities by the end.
At points I felt the urge to put the book down, this rarely happens to me but as always I feel everything should be given a chance. I am still left wondering what really happened within the story line and at times it seemed a little bit to far fetched even for me. Time was not taken to explain things properly.

It is not the worst book I've read and at points I did find this book enjoyable and gripping.
I most likely will keep an eye on this author to watch how the she develops over time. It is worth the money if you can look past all the mistakes in the typing,, at one point there was a sentence ending in '?2' which as I've mentioned before destroys my imagination of the story.