Profile for veedub1955 > Reviews

AT 61 DEGREES
AT 61 DEGREES
Price: 2.32

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: AT 61 DEGREES (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book to get me through long hard 12 hour nights. Although you know the content, read as being reality is pure fiction, you cant help to get fully immersed into the whole story. I let myself get fully immersed and got carried along without being able to put it down, totally engrossed and hanging on to every word.

Then it happened!! 75% of the way through the author dashed every dream and euphoria that i had let myself get drawn in by. The ending of this book is, I would say the worst i have ever read. I was actually physically sweating with fustration, already physically and mentally exhausted by my 12 hour nights it made me nauseous, no other book had every made me feel this way, not even Irvine Welsh's experimentation with literature. 5 stars for the beginning 1 star for the end.

I wish I could get the author by the scruff of the neck and beat him until he wrote the ending of the book I was expecting!! I even wish I could get my money back even though its only a paltry 2.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 18, 2013 7:34 PM GMT

Running With The Moon: A Boy's Own Adventure - Riding a Motorbike Through Africa
by Jonny Bealby
Price: 7.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Immerse yourself, 30 Sep 2010
I was graciously bought this book whilst convalescing after a motorbike accident. It got me through the 6 hour wait in a cold liverpool plastic surgery hospital waiting room, whilst I was waiting for an operation to repair a damaged nerve in my elbow, the hospital had no spare bed for me to wait on, and then onto the next few days, half drunken through morphine drips I completed what is the best book Ive read for a long, long time. Jonny's writing style and ongoing flowing story really is a must read. I have read motorbike journey stories before but this has so much more to offer, the only disappointment was that there is no picture of Mel or Amel to complete the picture of them that's in my head! Thank you Jonny