Profile for C. McQueen > Reviews

Content by C. McQueen

C. McQueen "Chris McQueen" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Black + Decker KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander with Accessories
Black + Decker KA161BC Mouse Detail Sander with Accessories

1.0 out of 5 stars Mouse goes POP, 7 Mar. 2016
I have had two of these sanders, both this exact model. The first one lasted for ages, but then I think the bearing went on it, it was starting to jump about all over the place. Then I purchased this one for £20, as I already had the case and pads etc. I have honestly used it about 4 times, it is probably only 18 months old now and just this morning let a mighty bang, sparks, smoke the whole works, it scared the life out of me. So needless to say I am not impressed at its durability. Saying that I will probably buy another one just to replace it (it's handy in the case) for occasional use, as it is only £20, but wouldn't spend any more on it. Now I am on the lookout for a better quality sander and expect to pay upward on £60, I just haven't decided which one yet.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Simple, 10 Feb. 2015
I bought this for my father's Birthday present, we had it set up in under a minute of opening the box. It is super easy to use and the whole family loved it.

Originally we were dead set on buying the nutri bullet, and because I have never used a NB before I cannot contrast the two machines. However we are more than happy with the Ninja.

The LEGO® Ideas Book
The LEGO® Ideas Book
by Daniel Lipkowitz

1.0 out of 5 stars You can't build these models from standard lego blocks, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The LEGO® Ideas Book (Hardcover)
This book is not what the title suggests. I expected it to be full of ideas for my kids to build models from standard (ish) lego blocks. Instead it is more like a promotional publication for other lego collections.

Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)
Creative EP-630 Noise Isolating Earphones (Black)

1.0 out of 5 stars One pair great, another pair atrocious, 6 Feb. 2013
I enjoyed a pair of these since 2008 and found them to be really good quality, excellent noise cancellation and overall a joy to use. Then I purchased another pair, which I think were fake, as they are just the worst sounding things you could imagine. I put them straight in the bin, Amazon did not present me the option to return for some strange reason, and I wouldn't have sold them on eBay if I didn't think they were good enough to keep myself. I had ordered with frustration free packaging, my advice is to not order them in the FF packaging, which would then have given me the original packaging, allowing me to discern the authenticity of the product.

So how do I rate this product now? for the first pair 5 stars, but even 20% (1 star out of 5) is too much for the second pair I had received.

iPhone 5 PU Leather Flip Case / Cover / Pouch / Holster - Black
iPhone 5 PU Leather Flip Case / Cover / Pouch / Holster - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars good from far, but far from good, 31 Jan. 2013
A bit of a cheesy title to the review, but that best describes this case. It does look good, however upon inspection this case is very inexpensively made. I'm not complaining, I paid £1.99 and it was on my desk the next day, it will do my job (kicking around in a sports bag, along with keys, loose coins etc. whilst at the gym).

To be more specific:
1. the outside of the case is fine, with some bad glue work around the camera hole.
2. Plastic holder inside is not great quality material, and it is coming loose already in places (hopefully it will not loosen any more, ah well Amazon also sell Loctite)
3. There is a averagely cut scratch cloth glued to the inside of the plastic.

I definitely would not go by the RRP on this item, but hey, for 2 quid don't expect a gem.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles
Aqua Sphere Seal Kids Goggles
Price: £11.99 - £20.50

5.0 out of 5 stars dive dive dive, 31 Jan. 2013
I bought these for my 5 year old son, who is really taking to the water. He had a 'normal pair' of swimming goggles, which seems to put a lot of pressure around each eye (had to tighten them a lot to avoid them slipping off). These goggles are an excellent fit and keep the wee man 'swimming like a duck'.

Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser
Stanley 197514 24-inch Tote With Organiser

4.0 out of 5 stars Sort it out, 31 Jan. 2013
A solid steady toolbox, with a detachable parts organiser. I actually did not like the way the top organiser came off to gain entry to the rest of the toolbox, when it arrived. But having used it for a while I do quite like the way you can take it away and move it independently from the rest of the box. I have a case for B&D Cordless drill which I keep screws and bits in the same idea of compartment organizer as a lid, the only difference is that it does not attach and is actually built-in. I had always prefered things that way and forgave the fact that the box fell over every time it was opened due to the dispersion of weight top vs bottom, until now that could be.

This toolbox has me converted, its probably not a new design, but its innovation to me - and I like it!

Mottez 5 Bike Floor Stand
Mottez 5 Bike Floor Stand

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bike stand, at the right price, 31 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mottez 5 Bike Floor Stand (Sports)
I did not want to say anything negative in the title as I believe that misleads customers when they are simply browsing rating titles before they buy a product. However the bike stand I received is not as displayed in the product image, my stand is made up of a rectangular base with 4 sides constructed of angle iron.

The product is great, it does the job really well and seems to be well galvanised, so should withstand the elements well. I think I might buy another one !

System-S USB Data Sync & Charging Cable for iRiver H10 1GB 5GB 6GB 20GB
System-S USB Data Sync & Charging Cable for iRiver H10 1GB 5GB 6GB 20GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 31 Jan. 2013
What can you say about a data lead, this one works perfectly, looks good and was cheap enough to get my iRiver all juiced up again !

Mixed Logo Supercross/Motocross Sticker Set
Mixed Logo Supercross/Motocross Sticker Set
Offered by by soljo

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not high quality, 31 Jan. 2013
Most of the stickers were printed fine, not high quality, but fine.
A few of the stickers at the sides of the sheet were not even fully printed. It was cheap enough and when they were stuck all over my toolbox, I am not going to care much for detail. I recommend you buy another product if you are looking high quality to put on your bike etc.

Page: 1 | 2