Profile for Photo19 > Reviews

Content by Photo19

Photo19

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Retinol A 1%, Advanced Revitalization Cream, 1.7 oz (48 g)
Retinol A 1%, Advanced Revitalization Cream, 1.7 oz (48 g)
Offered by Better Yourself Limited
Price: 21.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent skin treatment, 20 Jun 2014
I don't believe that any skin cream will turn back the clock and get rid of wrinkles, but nevertheless I do think that a good cream will help with skin texture and smoothness. This cream appears to do both, so I am very happy with it. I have very sensitive skin therefore I am using the cream every other night, as the instructions suggest. I have not had any adverse reactions. I think the key is to use the product only as often as you need to. It's lightweight and very easily absorbed.

THE Crystal Clear Screen Protector for: Sony Cyber-Shot DSC RX100 II *Lifetime Warranty*
Offered by Expert Shield
Price: 8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful but too expensive, 20 Jun 2014
Apparently the Sony RX100 screens are prone to scratching so I ordered one of these protectors. The instructions were easy to follow and the item was simple to fit, a couple of small air bubbles were easy to push out. However the effect has been spoiled because one of the corners won't stick to my screen for some reason (not sure why, because I cleaned the screen thoroughly before fitting). As others have said, this is the point at which you would probably fit another one, but there is only one in the pack which I think is a bit mean given the price.

Direction and Quality of Light
Direction and Quality of Light
by Neil van Niekerk
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Lighting Summary, 24 May 2014
Neil V's books are always excellent - engagingly written with the concepts explained in a concise and easy to understand manner. This book is great for the novice photographer moving into portraiture, or for the more advanced photographer who wishes to refresh their skills. The book proceeds from using simple available light on its own through to using your flashgun on camera creatively, and then to off-camera flash photography. Refreshingly, the book enables you to use pretty much any equipment to create these effects, you do not need expensive studio lights or fancy modifiers. Highly recommended.

NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash 100ml
NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash 100ml
Offered by UbeautyNI
Price: 19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Facial Treatment, 24 May 2014
I was pleasantly surprised by this glycolic face wash. I have quite sensitive skin and I was slightly concerned about the level of fruit acid contained in it, but I can say that it did not irritate my skin at all, and instead left my face wonderfully smooth and clear. I tend to use it either once-a-day in the morning, or every other day. I think it's a fantastic product and I will certainly continue to purchase it. It is a light foam and you don't need very much, so it should last a while.

Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair, Spf 30, 1 Ounce
Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair, Spf 30, 1 Ounce
Offered by united care
Price: 18.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Day Cream, 24 May 2014
I read all of the rave reviews about this product and consequently I couldn't resist buying it. I'm 49 years old and I think I have relatively few wrinkles for my age, however this year I have developed crows feet, and I hate them. After two weeks use I can say that this cream does make my skin look lovely and smooth but I'm not expecting much of an impact on my wrinkles - I don't believe that any skin care product can notably reduce lines, but if there is a small improvement I will be happy. This makes a lovely base for make up and I'm very pleased with the product, and I'm sure I would buy it again. Just be aware that you only receive 30ml which does make it quite expensive in my opinion.

Sony EV1MK Electronic Viewfinder for RX1 Camera
Sony EV1MK Electronic Viewfinder for RX1 Camera
Price: 277.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent EVF but Hefty Pricetag, 24 May 2014
First of all, I have deducted one star from my rating simply because of the pricetag - my assessment of a product also includes value for money and I do think this item, although excellent, is too expensive. That said, it works beautifully on my RX100ii giving a bright and colourful display which greatly aids focus accuracy and stability at slower shutter speeds. Previously, when only using the LCD I found that I needed quite a high shutter speed (irrespective of focal length) to gain a sharp image when handholding. However now that I have this EVF I can brace the camera against my face and gain sharp photographs as low as 1/20 when zoomed. This benefit alone makes a good viewfinder invaluable in my opinion.

Prior to purchase I was somewhat concerned that there is no locking mechanism - however the fit is reassuringly tight and I feel it would be very difficult for this device to become unseated, so that's a relief. That said, given the pricetag I would expect a lock.

The item arrived with the large eyecup attached, if you remove this the EVF works very well without it and is actually quite small - in fact you will probably want to remove the eyecup or use the smaller one if you wear glasses. Remember to deal with the dioptre adjustment which is a tiny lever on the right-hand side.

In terms of pocketability, I can still carry the camera in one pocket and the EVF in another until I'm ready to shoot - not a big deal for me at all, and the two can stay jointed when carried in a handbag.

The price becomes slightly more bearable when you consider that on the second-hand market this item is not much cheaper than the full retail price, so you will not bear the same kind of depreciation which you would on a camera for example. This has eased my conscience somewhat.

ONLY Women's OLGA SPRING PARKA OTW 15083181 Long Sleeve Coat
ONLY Women's OLGA SPRING PARKA OTW 15083181 Long Sleeve Coat
Price: 47.66 - 57.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Summer Coat, 3 May 2014
I've just received this coat in the khaki colour and it is lovely. Having already purchased coats from the Only brand I know from experience that they come up small. Whilst this coat is designed to be slim fitting I personally think parkas look better if they are slightly roomy. I am a UK size 8 but with Only I always go up to a size Medium. In this particular coat it is still close-fitting and had I bought my regular size I'm pretty sure it would have been too small. It looks great with so many different things and will be a very versatile addition to my summer wardrobe. I'm 49 and a good parka is a classic piece whatever your age.

CSX Walking 3D Pedometer with Clip and Strap & Free eBook - Accurate Step Counter, Distance Miles and Km, Calorie Counter, Daily Target Progress Monitor, 7 Day Memory, Exercise Time - White - with Tri-Axis Stepometer Technology
Offered by CSX - Competitive Sport Xtreme Direct | Aspire Desire
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Item but a bit fiddly, 28 April 2014
I've had a chance to test this pedometer and I am finding it to be accurate. It has the standard feature set of distance travelled, calories burned, steps etc and a clever display which helps you to see how much of your daily stepping target you've achieved. You also have the choice of metric or imperial units. I like the fact it can be placed in a pocket or handbag. The clip is very secure when attached to clothing.

My only slight gripe is the fact that when using the clip I can't seem to do this without hitting the buttons. Unfortunately I have not been able to remove the device from the clip for the occasions when I want to carry it discreetly in a pocket - maybe there is a knack to this, but my friends have not been able to disengage it either. Other than that I think it is a good choice, although I suspect it will be fiddly for those with dexterity problems.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2014 3:25 PM BST

SunSense Anti-Ageing Face Sunscreen SPF50+ Invisible Tint Finish - 100ml
SunSense Anti-Ageing Face Sunscreen SPF50+ Invisible Tint Finish - 100ml
Price: 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great All in One Product, 26 April 2014
In short, this is an excellent all in one product which appears to do everything - it has genuine anti-ageing properties and a very high factor sunscreen meaning it is all I need to apply each morning. It has a slight tint which blends completely with the skin. The glycolic acid is certainly helping to keep my skin smooth and clear. It is moisturising but nongreasy. It arrived in one of the Amazon 'flat pack' boxes which resulted in the product package becoming damaged - not ideal if you want to give as a gift.

Kiss My Face Peaches & Cream Alpha Hydroxy Moisturizer 473 ml
Kiss My Face Peaches & Cream Alpha Hydroxy Moisturizer 473 ml
Offered by Atlantic Trading Company
Price: 4.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Skin Reaction on Face but Body OK, 26 April 2014
The product arrived on time and was well packaged, however I initially believed that the use by date had expired almost a year ago. I got in touch with the seller who was very helpful. It turned out I was mistaken about the expiry date - they have confirmed that the figure printed on the bottom of the bottle is NOT the expiry date but is in fact the Lot number. Mine reads K080713 and it appears I had mistaken that for a use by date. From the Kiss My Face website FAQ: "We print a lot # on every product that determines the production date. It usually begins with a K followed by 6 numbers, which are a date in a month, day and year format. Generally, our products have a 3 year plus shelf life."

The description here on Amazon states that the product is suitable for face and body usage and indeed it appears that many reviewers have used it on their face successfully. Unfortunately my facial skin became bright red and sore - I don't know what caused the reaction because I am normally okay with AHA products. Perhaps I reacted due to the scent which is very strong. I did not react after applying it to my arms and legs. Leaves skin very smooth but I'm not sure about the strong smell of peaches so will use this only at night.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5