Profile for Jean Hanson > Reviews

Content by Jean Hanson

Jean Hanson

Molly Tapestry Birds Hearts Black Cream Fabric Snake Draft Draught Excluder Window Door Stop Cushion
Offered by HallwaysHouseholdTextiles

5.0 out of 5 stars A well-designed and fairly priced draft excluder., 12 Mar. 2015
This Molly draft excluder does the job well, it's a chic black and cream design in a natural fabric which goes with our hall decor, and was sold at a good price. In my local shops at the price of the Molly draft excluder I could only find them made of cheap, synthetic fabric and in horrible 'cute' designs, eg with a dog or cat's head.

The Misbegotten
The Misbegotten

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good read, 28 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Misbegotten (Kindle Edition)
I like Katherine Webb's writing and this is my favourite of her novels, completely 'unputdownable'. Well researched, it is set in the early 19th century and covers a wide range of subjects - class, poverty and the position of women at that time, the effects of war on ordinary people, incest, child abuse, and the triumph of love and the human spirit over adversity and more. That list perhaps makes the book sound rather depressing but it isn't at all. As ever, Katherine Webb's characterisation skills shine through as does her use of the English language.

Bio-Kult - Advanced Multi-Strain Formula - 120 Capsules
Bio-Kult - Advanced Multi-Strain Formula - 120 Capsules

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommeded by a gastroenterologist, 28 Jun. 2014
I was advised to buy this specific brand of pro-biotics for travel use by a senior hospital doctor after I caught shigella dysentery on holiday abroad and was ill for several weeks when I got home. I also find they help a lot with keeping IBS symptoms at bay.

Non Slip Bath Safety Stickers + fitting template (manufactured in UK)
Non Slip Bath Safety Stickers + fitting template (manufactured in UK)
Offered by Non Slip Bath

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - won't stick, 28 Jun. 2014
This is one of the most useless products I've ever bought on Amazon! I bought the stickers to replace some which are starting to look a little grey and curly at the edges put into our bath 11 YEARS AGO. Only about 1/5 of those applied have stayed in place after a few months months. And yes, we have tried everything we know how to get some more to stick, not only following the basic instruction in the pack, but also using a double cleansing process of the bath tub, extra rinsing, metholated spirits to ensure all traces of grease and product were gone, and a hair dryer to ensure the surface was completely dry!

A Half Forgotten Song
A Half Forgotten Song

4.0 out of 5 stars She can write a good tale, 28 Jun. 2014
After reading one I've read all of the Katherine Webb Kindle Books. She writes very fluently in 'literary English' - this is very important to me and I often cringe at the writing style and use of English used by some contemporary authors At the same time she always tells a compelling story with good characterisation.

Bracelet Sterling Silver with Dark Navy Indigo Blue Swarovski Crystals
Bracelet Sterling Silver with Dark Navy Indigo Blue Swarovski Crystals
Offered by Dent Designs Jewellery

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice bracelet, hard to fasten, 28 Jun. 2014
As with the matching necklace which I bought, I thought from the online photos that the stones were bigger, ie making a slightly chunkier bracelet. However, I kept it as it is a very pretty and delicate piece made with good quality materials. Why three stars? I could have given it four stars for quality and its wrapping/presentation, BUT it is impossible to fasten by the wearer. I tried every which way to fasten (and unfasten) it myself, but had to ask my husband to do it. Don't buy it if you live alone!

18" Necklace Sterling Silver & Navy Dark Indigo Blue Crystals Made With SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS
Offered by Dent Designs Jewellery

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 28 Jun. 2014
Perhaps my mistake but I thought from the online photos that the stones were bigger, ie that this was more of a 'statement' necklace. However, I kept the very pretty, delicate necklace as it is a good quality product of sterling silver and Swarovski stones. It was also beautifully wrapped so it could be bought as a well-presented gift.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Product fine, price for sending was not!, 11 Jun. 2014
The softgels arrived before the (long) due date in good condition - I've only taken my first one so I can't comment on the anti-ageing effects as yet, if any.

However, I was dismayed about the additional costs for getting this product. I was charged £4.85 for P+P (not eligible for Super Saver delivery) at the point of purchase online. Then I had to pay another £12.83 to the Royal Mail - £4.83 customs charges plus £8.00 Royal Mail handling charge!

I won't make the same costly mistake twice!

A Sister for Margot
A Sister for Margot

5.0 out of 5 stars A good story, well-written, 20 Aug. 2013
I don't like 'chick-lit' and tend towards literary fiction, so I wondered if I would enjoy this inexpensive kindle book. I liked it very much: the story about an extended family set over many years was engaging, and the characters were interesting and well-drawn. Also, a big bonus for me, the author can write English skilfully, correctly and fluently!

"SR" 90" width x 54" drop, Blackout Thermal Curtain Lining. ***Now Includes 25 Curtain Hooks ***
Offered by The Linen Depot

4.0 out of 5 stars They definitely reduce heat and light, 20 Aug. 2013
Upsides: The curtains have made our loft room, which can be hellishly hot in the summer, cooler. It's also darker for guests who sleep there. IE, for us the product worked as promised.

Downsides: we had to have a couple of tries at the right way to hang them with the curtains as it's not immediately obvious, and for curtains 54" wide, we needed to buy some extra hooks (20 are supplied).