Profile for Mr. D. J. Marsh > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Hunger Of The Pine
Hunger Of The Pine

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Sep 2014
This review is from: Hunger Of The Pine (MP3 Download)
Awesome tune!

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy to install but additional tweaks required for BT infinity customers using BTHub3, 30 April 2014
I received my Chromecast yesterday and so far I am very impressed but can't gush to much as it is still in the first 24 hours of ownership and there are plenty of other reviews here telling you what it can and cannot do. On a full 1081 HD TV you get an amazing picture with no buffering issues - exactly what I required for use with YouTube and iplayer and will be trying out Google film later as you can claim a £4.99 credit back until July 15th or so via chromecast/offers/

If you have a BTHub3 supplied with their infinity broadband package you will need to tweak the settings to get a connection between the Chromecast dongle and the WiFi network. This is very simple - log into you router at: http://btbusinesshub.home/ with your admin password.

The router is preset to 'smart mode' (it looks for an uncongested channel for your WiFi but this can change depending on traffic in the area around you) and you will need to change this to a fixed channel and apply the changes. Once done you should have no problem setting up the Chromecast in under 5 minutes following your on screen and tablet/phone instructions.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 30, 2014 6:44 PM BST

Pioneer SE-D10E-N Fully Enclosed In Ear Clip STEEZ Headphones - Black/Gold (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars A runners dream..... almost, 24 Oct 2013
after a long and frustrating search to find a pair of headphones that woudl stay in my ears and deliver tunes whilst I am out running I found these. The sound is not perfect, but it delivers a punchy base which is perfect for my hard running tunes but what was top of my requirements was for them to stay on my ears and they do this brilliantly. They took a little while to get used to as you literally clip them onto your ears but once in place they don't budge, they are comfortable and light so you don't really notice them and there is no headband to get in the way. I don't use these for my daily commuting on the train but for running they are the best option that I have found so far.

The TimberWolf Bushcraft Knife - Turkish Walnut - Exclusively at The Bushcraft Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious outdoor tool, 20 Jun 2013
A great British hand-made knife by Gary Mills, this is an excellent tool for serious outdoor enthusiasts. In all fairness you don't have to spend a fortune on a bushcraft knife but if you want a tool that does the jobs you require effortlessly and effectively, takes some serious abuse and that stays razor sharp this is a very good choice for a reasonable price.

I purchased mine in the Bushcraft Store shop, near Enfield, as I wanted to actually see and feel the knife and also compare it to others they had in stock. It does have a bigger handle than most but this comes into its own when you are carrying out tasks that involve gripping the knife for longer periods such as making feather sticks, batoning and splitting, chopping etc. This knife has a 4mm thick, full tang sheffield 01 grade tool steel blade, it holds an edge well but is also very easy to re-sharpen - so far I have only done this at home using a fine wet stone and finishing on a leather strop but you can take hairs off your arm with it. As far as outdoor use goes I have used it several times on wood and it is amazing, I haven't skinned or scrapped with it so can't comment on that but it has handled all I have thrown at it so far with ease.

I picked up the model with turkish walnut handle as I had a preference for a darker wood and this is lovely, it comes with a fire steel with a matching wood handle. The sheath is well constructed from 3mm thick stitched leather and looks like it will last a lifetime. All in I am very pleased with this purchase and one day I will be passing it down to my son and hope that he gains as much pleasure from using it as I have.

Trouble Will Find Me
Trouble Will Find Me

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting better with every listen, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Trouble Will Find Me (Audio CD)
I am a big fan of The National and after their excellent last album, High Violet, I was very excited that they were releasing yet another album. I had been listening to 'Demons' on BBC R6 for several weeks before its release and had pre-ordered this cd (which I rarely do these days). It's a fantastic album, takes a while to grow on you but when it has bedded into your brain its quite addictive and you will want more.... Loving it so far and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who has enjoyed their previous albums or fancies something new.

Timberland Men's Logo Patch Detail Belt Brown B6369214 X Large
Timberland Men's Logo Patch Detail Belt Brown B6369214 X Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Belt up, 11 Jun 2013
I was looking for a half-decent quality leather belt at a good price and this fits the bill exactly. Its a vintage look tan leather, well made and seems quite good quality as you woudl expect from Timberland. Also costs £40 on the Timberland UK website so very reasonably priced here - only thing to watch out for is the generic size description with the same length used for all sizes - the large is actually 36" and the XL is 38" and not 110cm as per the product info. Overall very pleased with this belt and sure I will get years of use from it.

LED Lenser T7 Tactical Torch (Black) - Gift Box
LED Lenser T7 Tactical Torch (Black) - Gift Box
Offered by Snap-on

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I'v seen the light...., 29 May 2013
I have Petzl head torches and they are very good for hands-free descents from extended mountaineering days out or wandering to the toilet on the campsite but I wanted something with a bit more focus and a greater light distance and have found it in this little beauty. Small enough to fit in and operate with one hand it performs amazingly well for its size. I cannot comment on battery life nor fading out yet as I haven't had it long enough but I took it camping in the woods at the weekend and it definitely didn't disappoint.

Many of the reviews have mentioned the legendary LED Lenser quality and this seems about right, it has a well machined body with water resistant seals and screams quality. I imagine it will have years of service with many uses from dog walking at night to bringing down small aircraft. If you are still undecided I would say go for it all you have to decide is which model to go for....

Timberland Men's Logo Patch Detail Belt Brown B6369214 Large
Timberland Men's Logo Patch Detail Belt Brown B6369214 Large

3.0 out of 5 stars Nicely made belt from Timberland but ..., 29 May 2013
...BEWARE of the sizing guide on Amazon. I ordered a large as the product details had this clearly marked at 110cm (or 43.3" in old money) so I was slightly miffed when the belt that was delivered was both marked up and measured 36", thats a whole 18cm (8") shorter than advertised. On review the x large is also described as being 110cm so I have ordered this and will have to wait and see what size gets delivered, hopefully it will actually be larger. It would be useful if Amazon gave an accurate measurement for this item - the large belt is clearly marked as 36" so why not put this in the description instead of large?

The belt itself seems well made as you would expect from Timberland, is a vintage tan colour that will break in nicely, has a Timberland logo patch and will hopefully give many years wear....

Petzl Caritool
Petzl Caritool
Offered by Skyland Equipment ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid piece of gear, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Petzl Caritool (Misc.)
Bought this for racking up ice screws on my harness for Scottish winter climbing, seems well made as you would expect from Petzl and does the job so no complaints. May back it up with a bit of tat at some point to prevent accidental drops but hold several screws and gives quick access when they are needed.

Opinel Mushroom Gardening Knife - Brown
Opinel Mushroom Gardening Knife - Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars and again in English...., 26 April 2013
This knife was developed by Opinel specifically for the collection and preparation of mushrooms. With the fine, curved Sandvik stainless steel blade with serrated back mushrooms can be skinned easily. At the end of the handle made ​​of natural, lacquered beech wood is a brush made of boar bristles, with which you can easily brush off soil residues of the mushrooms.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4