Profile for Mr. D. J. Marsh > Reviews

Mr. D. J. Marsh (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
ASICS GT-2000 V2 Running Shoes - 9.5
ASICS GT-2000 V2 Running Shoes - 9.5

4.0 out of 5 stars They fit well, are stable and keep me running, running, running, 24 Nov. 2015
Bought these to replace my previous pair of Asics GT-2000 several months before needed as they were at a great price. They fit well, are stable and keep me running, running, running in all weather conditions - mainly off-road trails in the dryer months and back to road running in the wetter ones. Would happily buy the same again as they work for me!

Care for Your Guinea Pigs (RSPCA Pet Guide)
Care for Your Guinea Pigs (RSPCA Pet Guide)

5.0 out of 5 stars Getting guinea pigs? Think you can remember how you ..., 24 Nov. 2015
Getting guinea pigs? Think you can remember how you looked after them from your own childhood experience? Think again, this is a bit more advanced than the care leaflet you will be given when you purchase your piggies and will prevent you having to watch numerous pig-mad YouTube videos - at this price its a no-brainer to purchase BEFORE to commit to looking after your new pets!

Bunny Business Double Decker Rabbit/ Guinea Pig Hutch Sliding Plastic Trays, 41-inch
Offered by Bunny Business

4.0 out of 5 stars guinea pigs are still alive but....., 24 Nov. 2015
Delivered quickly, easy to assemble, guinea pigs are still alive but it has been modified several times in the few weeks that we have had it - the ramp is a particularly poor design for regular use by two growing guinea pigs. Good price compared to pet shop/garden centres though, purchase the UK essential rain cover at the same time!

How To Photograph Your Friend's Wedding Like A PRO
How To Photograph Your Friend's Wedding Like A PRO

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought this cheap introductory book to the subject of wedding ..., 24 Nov. 2015
Bought this cheap introductory book to the subject of wedding photography after being asked if I would shoot at a friends wedding (is there any other reason). Found it an interesting and informative read and was subsequently able to put forward some strong arguments as to why they may want to consider getting a pro photographer in for the day rather than a keen amateur...

Lifesystems Tick Remover Card
Lifesystems Tick Remover Card
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts

5.0 out of 5 stars invaluable if you spend time outdoors and would like to avoid Lyme Disease!, 24 Nov. 2015
Its the size of a credit card so sits in my wallet at all times, maybe not quite as easy to remove ticks as some others but you are less likely to have these with you when you spot that tick (or in the case of North Devon - those TICKS). I have only used it in the dog so far but did the job adequately and haven't removed it from my wallet yet, great design and I guess would be invaluable if you spend time outdoors and would like to avoid Lyme Disease!

VANGUARD Spirit ED 1042 Binoculars
VANGUARD Spirit ED 1042 Binoculars

5.0 out of 5 stars astounded with how well they performed in relatively low light conditions..., 24 Nov. 2015
Okay so I read all the reviews, was in the market for a semi-decent set of bins and settled on these Vanguard Spirit ED 1042 with the idea that I would return them if they didn't live up to hopes and expectations.... needless to say that I still have these binoculars. I was astounded with how well they performed in relatively low light conditions bird and wildlife watching on the north Cornish coast in October. They are well constructed and look like they would take a few knocks and drops, easy and light enough for my kids to use and share in the experience and come with a sensible case for your rucksack or home storage. I have no doubt that they will be accompanying me on many more adventures in the future and feel that they were definitely worth the purchase price!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Faithfull Leather Chisel Roll - 8 Pocket
Faithfull Leather Chisel Roll - 8 Pocket

5.0 out of 5 stars at this price I was happy to take a punt of it being useless, 24 Nov. 2015
This is actually quite good. I recently bought some hand forged gouges from a blacksmith in Lithuania via the internet and wanted a leather roll to protect and store them at a level not provided by the card box they were delivered in - at this price I was happy to take a punt of it being useless but was quite please that the 'pockets' were actually wide enough to fit the shallow bowl gouges and although it is longer than the length of the chisels it perfectly stores my draw knife and a few other tools as well.... Quality of leather/stitching seems fine and would imagine that it would be very easy to repair if I do puncture it at some point.... probably just with duct tape ;-)

Silverline 282641 Cork Sanding Block
Silverline 282641 Cork Sanding Block

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little block of cork, 24 Nov. 2015
Fantastic little block of cork, cut roughly to the size of an average hand and you wrap some sandpaper or wet/dry paper around it and rub it on stuff.... doesn't get much simpler than that but Amazon thought that I may want to review it anyway. It fits my hand and stuff get sanded, mainly my greenwood projects once they have seasoned.... AWESOME

On Fire (Deluxe Edition)
On Fire (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars In vinyl it spent a lot of time on my turntable that first year.., 24 Nov. 2015
As a fan of Galaxie 500 since the original release of this album (in vinyl it spent a lot of time on my turntable that first year...) I recently found myself listening to the Peel sessions on YouTube and was reminded of just what a fantastic and under-rated band they really were and had no hesitation in buying the deluxe version of this album just for the extra tracks.... if you're already a fan you wont be disappointed, if your not yet converted you may just be. This is a timeless recording and I still hear modern bands trying to emulate this sound... simply beautiful!

Poke Island
Poke Island

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 star, 30 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Poke Island (App)
Amazing