Profile for Parisa > Reviews

Content by Parisa

Parisa "Parisa" (Guisborough Cleveland)

The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon)
The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown
Price: 6.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Parisa's Review, 29 Aug 2005
A fantastically written book which, for me, was impossible to put down! The book is a non-stop adventure and search for truth which has many twists and surprises.
Paticular chapters in the book have made me see religon in a different sense. Since reading the da vinci code (in 8 hours!!) I have seen a famous da vinci picture, which I have seen thousands of times previously, in a brand new light! This is an exceptionally written book and a fantastic thriller from start to finish!
Parisa Diba
England

Falling Leaves Return to Their Roots: The True Story of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter
by Adeline Yen Mah

5.0 out of 5 stars Parisa Diba's review on Falling Leaves, 21 April 2005
My god, what an amazing book! From chapter 4 onwards I struggled to hold back my tears and felt thousands of needles piercing my heart when I read about Adeline's Niang slapping her ferociously because her friends wanted to celebrate their success. What made terribly sad was the way her siblings excluded her and her father who constantly ignored her. This is amazing book by someone who suffered throughout her childhood and overcame all obstacles to emerge triumphant. Adeline Yen Mah is an inspiration to thousands who have step-mothers and the best advice I can give you is to not only read Falling Leaves, but all the books she has written.
By Parisa diba Age 14