Profile for Rebecca22 > Reviews

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
by J. K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 23 Jan 2011
I first read this book all those years ago when it first came out and recently re-read all the series and I find them just as magical! J K Rowling has brilliantly created a whole new world this book is pure escapism for all ages.

Be Careful What You Wish for
Be Careful What You Wish for
by Alexandra Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Jan 2011
This was my very first Alexandra Potters books but will most definatly not be my last. I can't imagine anyone not relating to the main character Heather, surely we all go around making wishes we think nothing of all day..I wish it wasn't raining..I wish there was a seat on the bus..I wish Mr X would ask me out.. Imagine if all of these little wishes came true! That would be brilliant...or would it??

One Thing Led to Another
One Thing Led to Another
by Katy Regan

4.0 out of 5 stars refreshingly good!, 23 Jan 2011
Really enjoyed this book. Was a great easy read with really likeable characters, loved how honest the main character is. Keeping my fingures crossed that Katy writes another book.

Can You Keep A Secret?
Can You Keep A Secret?
by Sophie Kinsella

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Sophie's best :-), 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: Can You Keep A Secret? (Paperback)
I love Sophie Kinsella's books, they are always light hearted and great fun to read and this one is no exception. This book had me lauging out loud from the beginning. The main character Emma is so likeable and I'm sure most girls will connect with her and share most of her secrets!!

If you feeling a bit grumpy this January get this book, it will garantee to cheer you up. :-)

The Good, The Bad And The Dumped
The Good, The Bad And The Dumped
by Jenny Colgan

1.0 out of 5 stars don't waste your time or money on this book!!, 23 Jun 2010
This is my first and most definatly the last Jenny Colgan book I have purchased, it is also the only book I havn't been able to finish! I normally finish books in a few days but I have been tackling this book for 2 weeks and still have 50 pgs left and I just can't face finishing it I have wasted enough time.

The most irritating thing about this book is how misleading the back cover is. The main character Posy wasn't some innocent party who was suddenly dumped by her fiancee with no explanation, she was dumped because she lied to her fiancee about finding wedding venues in Scotland, what she was actually doing was visiting an ex. She is filled with doubts for the short time they are engaged so starts stalking her ex's basicly to see if there is anything better out there! Posy is not a likeable character at all she is spoilt, irratating and selfish, I hope at the end of the book she ends up alone as she doesn't deserve any of the men in the story even the unlikable ones (which is most) but as this book is going straight in the bin I will never know and honestly I don't really care!

Are You Dave Gorman?
Are You Dave Gorman?
by Danny Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to be a Dave Gorman, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Are You Dave Gorman? (Paperback)
Danny and Dave make a brilliant partnership complementing each other brilliantly. This book is hilarious it had me laughing out loud. This is the tale of what happens when boys being boys make silly bets (although I think they are in a minority with how far they go to win a bet) Danny bets dave he can meet loads of Dave Gormans the term loads being 54 a full deck of cards including the jokers. So much to the annoyance of Hanne (Danny's girlfriend) off they go locating Dave's no matter where it may take them.

Yes Man
Yes Man
by Danny Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars HILARIOUS!!, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Yes Man (Paperback)
We can all relate to this book, I doubt anyone can say that they have never made a lame excuse to get out of going to a work things, drinks with friends ect. This is what has happend to Danny he has become dull dull dull so he takes it to the extreme and says yes to everything and I mean EVERYTHING with some hilarious consenquences ranging from a bar fight, a trip to Amsterdamn and what I thought was a laugh out loud funny call from a window salesman. This book is definatly a must read and I will garantee at the end you will be sayng yes more. (very doubtfull to the extent of Danny though)

Country Pursuits: Churchminister series 1
Country Pursuits: Churchminister series 1
by Jo Carnegie

3.0 out of 5 stars Perfect escapism, 2 Sep 2009
This book is fun, easy to read and guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Set in an idyllic country village full of people with too much money and outrageous personalities. Who rally together to try and save their village from a horrid city developer! (gasp! lol) Yes this book is definitely a bonkbuster in the country with money which immediatly makes you think of Jilly Copper but that is where the similarities end. Don't read this expecting a bit of Jilly or like other Jilly fans who have reviewd this book you will be disapointed, Jo Carneige just doesn't have the same writting ability, so enjoy this book for what it is a bit of fun.

The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
by Audrey Niffenegger

4.0 out of 5 stars Have a box of tissues to hand!!, 2 Sep 2009
It took me a while to get into this book, when that happens I usually give up which I am so glad I didn't do, and if you like me find it a little slow to begin please keep reading it will be more than worth it. This book is a wonderfull love story about Henry and Clare and there battle to lead a normal married life despite the fact Henry keeps dissapearing into the past leaving Clare alone not knowing when he will return. You read about there relationship from the very beginning and Audreys writting of the characters is so well done you really get to know them making it even more saddening to reas this couples struggle. The thing that I liked the most about this love story is that unlike many romance novels which can be completly predictable you never know what is going to happen on the next page or even what year Henry will be in.