Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Dorset UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BaByliss for Men 7040CU 6-in-1 Grooming Kit
BaByliss for Men 7040CU 6-in-1 Grooming Kit

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a joke, right?, 29 May 2014
When I got this out of the box I could not believe how cheap and nasty this was. As someone else has written, it was like something you would get in a Christmas cracker. Worse still it doesn't do an even half-reasonable job and the length gauge just slips about making it absolutely useless. It doesn't even do the nose and ear hair job well. The battery life is pathetic. It's like the cheap rubbish you used to get in the sixties. Do not buy this.

Zack 40199 46 cm Fresco Swivelling Towel Rail
Zack 40199 46 cm Fresco Swivelling Towel Rail

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed at that price, 12 Jan. 2014
When I buy a premium product I expect it to be right from the outset. The packaging looked good, but when I opened it and unwrapped the tissue one of the arms fell out and bounced on the floor narrowly missing our new kitchen units. I fixed the mounting to the wall and trued it up but when I attached the rail section (fiddly and unconvincing) I found that the arms were far from horizontal and the whole thing flopped about. Luckily I had a small socket set and was able to tighten up the bolts in the confined space. Not everyone will have a selection of tools to fix what whould have been perfect to start with at that price. Looks great; works well; but the manufacturers have a cheek sending it out half finished. Do not buy this unless you are well tooled up!!

Wedo Metal Kickstool - Grey
Wedo Metal Kickstool - Grey

3.0 out of 5 stars Colour deceptive, 12 Jan. 2014
Basically a well made, sturdy and functionally sound kickstool. Only problem is that what we thought was pale grey with grey rubber step surfaces turns out to have very blue grey rubber. Not what we wanted. Returned and will get similar in a different colour

Enjoydeal Slim mini 6W G9 64 SMD 3014 LED Lamps light 360°Super Light Energy Saving 220V Cool White
Offered by LED Light Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very bright, 12 Jan. 2014
Nothing wrong with the bulb, but simply not bright enough. This is the most powerful G9 LED I can find and it should be bright with those chips, but sadly it just will not do as a replacement for the 60w eco halogen that came with the light fitting. We will just have to wait till the technology improves to get the cool white bright light we want.

America
America
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Fahey at his best, 8 Oct. 2013
This review is from: America (Audio CD)
This is his finest album and the tracks from the original release are superb: hauntingly beatiful and emotionally charged. Listening again after a lapse of some years these tracks seem to have gained resonance for me and even Knoxville Blues, which was perhaps my least favoured track, is up there with the others now. As to the previously unreleased material, it is all pretty accomplished stuff but none of it quite gets into the league of "The Waltz That Carried Us Away And Then A Mosquito Came And Ate Up My Sweetheart" or "Voice Of The Turtle". And did I miss the 2 minutes of "Mark 1:15" cut to squeeze it on a single CD? I can't say I did. It has been done very well and the nature of the tune is such that you really don't lose any of the emotional intensity: I wouldn't have known if I hadn't been told.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2014 6:00 PM BST

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh 3-Port (4A Output) Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus and More (Black)
Anker® 2nd Gen Astro3 12800mAh 3-Port (4A Output) Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus and More (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed so far, 3 Oct. 2013
Having been disappointed with a previous purchase of an external power source for my HTC One X from another manufacturer, it was with some trepidation that I approached the task of selecting another. I am pleased to report that so far I am delighted with the Anker 2nd Generation Astro3 12000mAh external battery. It arrived professionally packaged, mostly in easy-to-access recyclable materials with a perfectly adequate intruction booklet and contact and warranty information that gave immediate reassurance that this was an OK company. The product itself is well finished, with clearly printed labels for the ports, although it remains to be seen if the soft feel case keeps its good looks as it picks up marks very easily.. The cable fits snugly to the ports and my phone and I have no problem with its short length. Some people have commented that the shake-to-wake feature could lead to it being continually on when in a bag or pocket, but it switches off quickly if not charging and when just carried in my hand while walking around doesn't switch on. The light is a useful indicator but is slightly annoying. It is slightly let down by the slightly odd protective bag, which doesn't radiate the same quality as the rest of the product, but is probably necessary to keep the product looking good over time.

Now for the important bit. This actually works! Moreover it works very well and I am confident that when I go on a trip out this will do a fine job of keeping my phone alive all day - and much longer for that matter. I just hope that it will continue to be as good over time as it has started out to be. The great thing is that it will also charge my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I haven't timed it but my impression is that it charges my devices as quickly as if they were plugged into the mains on their own chargers. The Astro 3 came 70% charged and didn't take long to get topped up to 100% and seems to charge pretty quickly from empty (I use the Samsung Note's charger). The Anker Astro 3 will charge my Note from empty and my phone from empty to full almost twice and I estimate thatt it will probably give the phone at least 3 full charges, possibly more. So I am delighted with it so far: fingers crossed for its long life.

Update 3 December 2014: I want to add that after more than a year's service I am still completely delighted with this product. It doesn't seem to have lessened in effectiveness in any way and I am certain that it is the fastest way to charge my phone. Excellent product!

GreatShield G8 Power High Capacity Power Bank (4600 mAh) Universal Backup Battery Pack with 5V/2.1Amp Output Compatible Samsung, Blackberry Z10, Apple iPhone/iPad, Google Nexus, aPad/ePad Android Tablets, Sony Xperia, GPS and many others Smartphones & Tablets (White)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute rubbish, 21 May 2013
This looks and feels like a nice piece of kit and I hoped it would be the perfect solution to allow me to use my HTC One X full tilt for a day away from power sockets. I chose this power pack for its looks, convenient size and shape and especially its weight. I was swayed by a review that warned me that it wouldn't charge a Galaxy Note 10.1 but that it did keep it running when the battery was low. That to me seemed like a bonus: all I wanted was to charge my phone!

I was a little disappointed that the packaging seemed a bit "tampered with" and the protective plastic film on the device (especially the back) was scuffed and scratched, but onece removed it all looked pristine. I liked the range of adapters too. I charged it up fully and tested it on my Galaxy Note 10.1 and HTC One X, both reported it was charging. I was at this point delighted.

The next day was the opposite I was very quickly disillusioned and very disappointed. Not only would the Power Bank not charge my phone - even with no apps running: not even with it switched off - but it wouldn't keep the phone running at all. A total waste of time and money.

Do not buy this if you have an HTC One X - it does not work.

SanDisk SDSDQUA-064G-U46A Mobile Ultra microSDXC UHS-I Class 10 Memory Card + SD Adapter + Memory Zone Android App up to 30 MB/s read - 64 GB
Offered by PicStop

5.0 out of 5 stars Works in Galaxy Note 10.1, 28 Feb. 2013
There is a lot of confusion about whether or not the Galaxy Note 10.1 has support for SDXC cards, let alone 64Gb, but this works just fine straight out of the packaging and into the tablet with no formatting needed (running Jelly Bean). It worked straightaway and I can see almost the full space (I actually get 59.45Gb) so I am well pleased, not least because it means the iPad is even less attractive price- and performance-wise. Seems fast. Swift delivery.

Samsung Galaxy Tab USB Data Cable (Non-Retail Packing)
Samsung Galaxy Tab USB Data Cable (Non-Retail Packing)
Offered by Crazy Bee

4.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more, 28 Feb. 2013
This appears to be a genuine Samsung cable and functions perfectly. Whilst I have loads of usb cables Samsung have their own proprietary connector, so it is good to have a spare by the PC. At only £1.99 post free it is a fifth of the price from some sellers. It is still expensive for a bit of cable with a connector at each end, but that is because it is Samsung choosing to not use industry standards. Fast delivery too, so pleased all round.

Blues Run The Game
Blues Run The Game

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and interesting, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Blues Run The Game (Audio CD)
I bought this after hearing a BBC Radio 4 programme about the sad story of Jackson C Frank's life. This CD appears to have his full recorded output and the songs on the first CD won't disappoint and nor will the performances. The songs seem hauntingly familiar, though I had heard almost none of them before: they stand up well against the likes of Paul Simon, Bert Jansch et al, and we can only wonder what brilliance may have followed had he not jacked it all in. While the material on the second CD is of historical interest and musicians may wish to extract information from it, really I can say I doubt if I will ever play it again: the recording quality is so poor that it is not worth it for the small pleasures gained.

Page: 1 | 2