Profile for Rjharley > Reviews

Content by Rjharley

Rjharley "RJH" (United Kingdom (UK))

BoddBan® Mini Spy Hidden Camera Car Keyring/Keychain with voice and video recording.. High Resolution Recording 720* 480 @30fps with CMOS Sensor - New Improved 2014 Model
Offered by BeckaStore

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for a little spy camera, 28 Jan 2013
It works fine, the price and sound are very clear. Be careful how you put the SD card in - its the top slot when its facing up with the buttons at the top.

Time can be set in the military format - check it out on YouTube for advice.

Kingston 8GB Micro SD HC - Class 4
Kingston 8GB Micro SD HC - Class 4
Offered by Wowcamera

5.0 out of 5 stars Its works fine, 28 Jan 2013
Its works fine, not much to go wrong as far as I know. They are all the same -worth the money.

Wireless IP camera Pan/Tilt 2-ways Audio Mobile Viewing WEP/WPA/WAP2 wireless Wi-Fi Pan/Tilt internet IP camera day and night vision CCTV security monitor built-in microphone and speaker allow you to communicate with people directly support mobile phone viewing
Offered by Vairocana Group Inc. (ship from UK)

3.0 out of 5 stars Have not yet used it so cannot tell, 28 Jan 2013
Have not yet used it! So cannot give a report, but it looks good and from what I have read should be just what I am looking for. Will write a full report when I have used it.

Car Charger in Vehicle Cable Lead for Mini USB Viewpad PC Tablets (See Description for Compatible Models)
Offered by Decrescent

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work!, 28 Jan 2013
This product does not work with a Viewpad PC Tablet - do not waste your money on it - had I have know would have saved my money as you should!

007-Watch 8GB HD 1080P Waterproof Spy Camera Watch - DVR Video Recording Hidden Camera Night Vision IR
Offered by Efine

2.0 out of 5 stars Dr Richard J Harley 007 Spy Watch review, 20 Jan 2013
I received the spy watch ordered by the agreed date. It worked well for about two days, then it would not record!

The date and time stamp was set at 2007, and as hard as I tried (following the instruction in English/Chinese enclosed in the box), I could, and still cannot, change the time - its stuck in a 2007 time warp! Even tried instructions on YouTube.

I emailed the company and requested a replacement!. I was told by someone at the company that this often happens and it may be the USB cable. Try taking it out and putting it back in. I did, but it still did not work.

I was told to send my original watch back to the company. Which I did - expecting a working replacement. From them.

In approximately 10-days my (original watch) was returned to me. Not a replacement as agreed. The time was not set properly and was still in the year 2007 time-warp! Also, the TAG, which is used to set the time was missing.! I was told that its because the battery has run low. Obviously it would do in 10-days in the post!

When I complained and said I would report the company to the Office of Fair Trading (OFT). I was told that I am trying to get a free watch from the company! I was going to return the faulty watch once I got the working replacement.

What the company customer service man said to me in his email:

"The time and date for the OSD was already set before dispatch, the battery has clearly run flat and so this information has been lost. It is entirely user definable and we have provided instructions on how to change the date and time. In 2 years of selling this item no one has ever made this claim before so this is a unique situation to you". In other words its your fault and problem mate if you are an idiot!

In conclusion.

If you want a cheap watch that records for up to 1-hour 20 minutes. Its OK. If you want a watch that you can change the time and date on from 2007! Then its no good. If you want customer care support, again its no good.
Marks out of recording from 5 = 3. Customer care and aftercare support Zero. Perhaps its better to buy a more expensive one that you can get out of the 2007 time-warp!

FINAL COMMENT FROM CUSTOMER CARE MANAGER

Hi,
You have not been supplied a substandard product, your understanding of it is the issue. Not knowing how to drive a car, does not make the car substandard.
The time and date for the OSD was already set before dispatch, the battery has clearly run flat and so this information has been lost. It is entirely user definable and we have provided instructions on how to change the date and time. In 2 years of selling this item no one has ever made this claim before so this is a unique situation to you.
I'm not sure trading standards apply here as it works just fine - you just do not know how to set the date and time. To use the car example again, you're suggesting you'd contact trading standards because a car retailer won't teach you how to drive. You have the instructions to set the the date and time and they work for all our other customers and so I have no doubt that they will work for you as well.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 7:02 AM BST

Using Questionnaires in Small-scale Research: A Beginner's Guide
Using Questionnaires in Small-scale Research: A Beginner's Guide
by Pamela Munn

5.0 out of 5 stars Dr Richard J Harley, 5 May 2010
As a Senior Examiner and Mentor and Examiner of International Business, for Warnborough College, United Kingdom (UK)., a Distance Learning College. I found Using Questionnaires in Small-Scale Research a really useful guide for my students'.

Questionnare design can be very difficult and complex - get it wrong the first time around and it may be the last time!

Most of my students' undertake questionnaire research on a small-scale of approximately 100-interviewees - at most. Nothing on the line of the Hawthorne Studies.

I found it an easy to follow guide for a first level questionnaire design. I recommend it to my students' as the first guide to buy.

Dr Richard J Harley
Senior Examiner and Mentor

Improve Your Written English 5e: Master the Essentials of Grammar; Punctuation and Spelling and Write with Greater Confidence (How to)
by Marion Field

5.0 out of 5 stars DR Richard J Harley, 3 May 2010
RE: IMPROVE YOUR WRITTEN ENGLISH by MARION FIELD revised and updated 4th edition.

As a retired teacher of English Language and Literature, now teaching as a home based tutor in the East Midlands. I searched Amazon for a book I could use with my GCSE., AS and A Level students to help them relearn Written English: grammar, punctuation and spelling. Which does not seem to be taught well in schools these days - students are writing essays with no sound basic English structure knowledge on which to base their writing.

I found this book well written, easy to explain and follow with my students', and one which I recommend to them as worth buying to supplement their English at school.

Dr Richard J Harley MA., PhD