Profile for BillC > Reviews

Gardman 3 x 2 x 2m Large Fruit Cage
Gardman 3 x 2 x 2m Large Fruit Cage
Offered by Garden Essentials

3.0 out of 5 stars Large Fruit Cage, 20 May 2014
Easy to put together providing one takes ones time and reads, thoroughly, the diagrammatic instructions. Easy to get the various brackets the wrong way round but very easy to rectify errors. Far too much netting and it is this area I foubd disappointing. For what I paid for this item I would have expected at fitted net. As it is I have several square metres of unwanted netting (in length) and only just about enough in width to go ground to ground over the cage. Heavy duty ground spikes would be handy also. My plot is exposed and I suspect in high winds the cage would take off..

Botanico Large Crop Cage
Botanico Large Crop Cage
Offered by Online Garden Centre

3.0 out of 5 stars For use as a small cage for fruit bushes., 17 May 2014
Slightly disappointed in this product. I unpacked the contents and then checked them against the packing.instruction(?) sheet and found I had 8 No 5 and 4 No 6 pieces rather than 4 and 8 respectively. In the end not a real problem as, like all gardeners, I managed to bodge the frame together. This meant though the netting (supplied in three pieces, didn't quite fit so, again I had to bodge. The side netting was not deep enough to reach from the top bars to ground level ( I had the cage set on its tallest setting so I had to attached a piece of spare netting I had to completely seal off the sides. Consequently I had to use my own ties to join the two bits of netting together as the 40 supplied were not sufficient. I am sure, on a show plot, this cage would have looked very good but my allotment is anything but a show site as it is on stony, rough soil that is difficult to work at the best of times. Nevertheless, it is up and looking reasonably OK but I am going to need some heavy duty pegs to make sure the cage does not take off in any strongish wind!

MARQUEE / BOUNCY CASTLE HEAVY DUTY GROUND STAKE 340mm
MARQUEE / BOUNCY CASTLE HEAVY DUTY GROUND STAKE 340mm
Offered by Blackmore Leisure

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 28 April 2014
I bought these items to hold my washing line base in place (pegged into very chalky soil) and they have been exact;ly what was required. I am going to order another pack so I can put them around my small netting frames in the garden.

Anker® New Laptop Battery for Toshiba L300; Fits PA3534U-1BRS PA3534U-1BAS PA3534U PA3534U-1BRS PA3533U PA3535U PA3533U-1BRS - 18 Months Warranty [Li-ion 6-cell 4400mAh/48WH]

4.0 out of 5 stars No more flats, 11 May 2013
Since I have bought and used this product I can, actually, carry my laptop with me without having to worry about flat batteries! The product seems to be doing what it was bought for; with my rate of usage it seems to be lasting nearly three hours before the warning lights appear. Good ptoduct.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Trilogy of Five
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: The Trilogy of Five

5.0 out of 5 stars 42?, 20 April 2013
If you don't understand English as it is spoken in the UK you will not undestand this book as it is full of puns, double puns and other plays on words. Pythonesque in concept it owes a lot to the surrealism also of The |oons

2013 Collins Road Atlas France
2013 Collins Road Atlas France

3.0 out of 5 stars When I go to France I will use it, 20 April 2013
Not yet used it so cannot comment, When I have I may comment. This minimum requirement of words is ridiculous. Somew people can write what they mean in a lot fewer words.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2013 2:44 PM BST

Italy 2013 - A4 spiral atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases)
Italy 2013 - A4 spiral atlas (Michelin Tourist and Motoring Atlases)
by Michelin
Edition: Spiral-bound

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't been to Italy yet., 20 April 2013
Not yet usedit so cannot comment, When I have I may comment. This minimum requirement of words is ridiculous. Somew people can write what they mean in a lot fewer words.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2013 1:44 PM BST

Ulysses [Annotated]
Ulysses [Annotated]

3.0 out of 5 stars Give me a chance!, 20 April 2013
Not yet read it so cannot comment, When I have I may comment. This minimum requirement of words is ridiculous. Somew people can write what they mean in a lot fewer words.

Guernica
Guernica

5.0 out of 5 stars A good story, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Guernica (Kindle Edition)
I read this book many years ago but needed to re=read it for a book club review. The characters are a littel two dimensional but the story, based on fact, is interesting.

8ft Bamboo Canes 18-20mm "EXTRA THICK" - Pack of 50 (a1508)
8ft Bamboo Canes 18-20mm "EXTRA THICK" - Pack of 50 (a1508)
Offered by Scot Plants Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Good service, 5 April 2013
Ordered for my allotment plot to make a fruit cage. Items were delivered 2 days ealy so I was very impressed. The canes appear to be ideal for what I want to do but I shall see.

Page: 1 | 2