Profile for rachel > Reviews

Content by rachel

rachel "rachel" (hampshire, uk)

Sennheiser PX 100 Headphones - White
Sennheiser PX 100 Headphones - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little heads too!, 24 July 2009
Great fit, really comfy - go so small as to fit my toddler (2) but extend to fit my husband (they were his headphones, now highjacked for my son).

Can You See a Little Bear?
Can You See a Little Bear?
by James Mayhew
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunningly beautiful illustrations and a comforting read for little ones, 12 Jan 2009
There's a lot to see in this richly illustrated children's story. My two year old has just begun to ask for this particular story at bedtime - when he was given it 6 months ago it held less interest...The story follows a little bear all the way through a day of the colourful, amazing and marvellous to the restful warm of bath and bed - questions throughout are quite engaging ('can you see a little bear trying on a hat?' and have an abundance of images to prompt comment after comment from my son ('the crocodiles are cleaning their teeth'...'the little bear has lost his hat'). For me the artwork is just stunning.

Mr Big
Mr Big
by Ed Vere
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars How cool is this book?, 31 Dec 2008
This review is from: Mr Big (Paperback)
My 2 year old loves this book - and we love reading it with him. The artwork is fab and the subject matter super cool for young readers.

One Ted Falls Out of Bed
One Ted Falls Out of Bed
by Julia Donaldson
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best bedtime books, 5 Aug 2008
This is a lovely book and a favourite with my son since 18 months (he is now coming up to 2). The illustrations are endearing and the poem leads through the numbers in a simple but eloquent way. A lot of the vocabulary falls neatly into the 'first words' category (car, star, etc) so even at a very young age children can join in with the story and remember concepts. Although we have read this time and time again I am still enjoying it. Would highly recommend as a first birthday gift.

365 Things to Make and Do (Usborne Activities)
365 Things to Make and Do (Usborne Activities)
by Fiona Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book as much for parents as children, 8 July 2008
This is a beautifully illustrated publication and heavy duty with the ring bound hard cover.

I bought this for my (2 year old) son but can see that there is a lot in it that will be more suited to him when a little older - this said there is plenty of inspiration and as much a gift for a parent as a child as it helps direct your own creativity to bring out more from your child...Some ideas aren't rocket science but do expand ideas to give some cool results, for example, developing the idea of blow-paint pictures to a collage of blow-paint monsters. There is a lot of guidance about how to draw as well, from the simple (e.g. finger pictures) to the slightly more advanced (e.g. how to sketch a cartoon cat).

I'd highly recommend this as a special gift - am planning to give a copy to my niece for her 5th birthday.