Profile for Mr. Dj Ballinger > Reviews

Content by Mr. Dj Ballinger

Mr. Dj Ballinger "the danny" (Southport)

Page: 1 | 2
The Lookout [DVD]
The Lookout [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Auteuil
Price: 13.69

4.0 out of 5 stars great, shame about the other review., 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Lookout [DVD] (DVD)
I was worried about buying this film because of the other review here.....1 star? But I love french thrillers I find them thrilling and french and I especially love ones set in Paris. Daniel Autieul and Mathieu Kassovitz are great as well. It wasn't what I expected because of the review so I was happy it was good.

Rust and Bone [DVD]
Rust and Bone [DVD]
Dvd ~ Marion Cotillard
Price: 8.66

2.0 out of 5 stars what Neil C said., 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Rust and Bone [DVD] (DVD)
I agree with you Neil. This is poo. Jacques Audiard has been poo ever since "the beat that my heart skipped" which is one of my favourite films ever. "Best French film of 2012" says a review here........they obviously havent seen "untouchable" which IS amazing.

Many thanks.

Upbound
Upbound
Price: 37.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yeah., 18 Nov 2012
This review is from: Upbound (Audio CD)
I was cynical when I heard "boy/girl" acoustic duo. I hate my ignorance because I thought I knew better than that. Think.....Simon and Garfunkel, Arcade Fire, Vashti Bunyan, Neil Young. So refreshing and wonderful they restore your faith truly. Ive been to see them a few times and they give me gooseys everytime. 5 out of 5 original and sincere.

A Cat in Paris [DVD]
A Cat in Paris [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean-Loup Felicioli
Price: 5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent little film, 23 July 2012
This review is from: A Cat in Paris [DVD] (DVD)
This film is harmless, a good story for all people who have any taste whatsoever. If you have anything about you you'll like it.

Funeral
Funeral
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Special, 5 May 2012
This review is from: Funeral (Audio CD)
This album is truly up there, Very emotional and intelligent. Everyone can relate to at least one of the tracks its like going to visit a clairvoyant perhaps its the soundtrack to your teenage years? it was for me. TRULY TRULY excellent. Unfortunatly never equalled by them.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (DVD + Digital Copy)
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (DVD + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ James Franco
Offered by Empor UK
Price: 6.31

5.0 out of 5 stars the Danny review, 16 Dec 2011
I don't have much faith in cinema these days..........my goodness, this is special. Well done to all those involved. I've heard the director is English.

Super 8 [DVD]
Super 8 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Elle Fanning
Price: 3.85

3.0 out of 5 stars the Danny review, 12 Dec 2011
This review is from: Super 8 [DVD] (DVD)
Wow! 80s Spielberg homage. Lens flare, wide shots, kid hitting something in the background (close encounters) which is heartwarming then the end happens in 2011 style and ruins everything. Thanks.

Stade 2
Stade 2
Price: 7.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I Give up on you Mr Oizo., 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Stade 2 (MP3 Download)
Oh dear. I used to worship you, Flat Beat!!! Stunt!!!! Patrick 122!!!!!!!! Jo!!!!! This is repetitive rubbish and apparently no effort used what so ever, I think he is delusional and thinks he's ace he sounds original and he has his own style but so does my arse. Ed banger have been a bit poo poo this year what with that Justice one and this. The Sebastian album "TOTAL" is really good though.

Audio, Video, Disco.
Audio, Video, Disco.
Offered by Fast Fulfilment
Price: 6.25

3.0 out of 5 stars Biggest let down, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Audio, Video, Disco. (Audio CD)
Oh my goodness, I were so excited about this...........
The singles "Civilization" and "Audio video disco" are the highlights and they're not much cop like. Why bother trying to sound like a classic English rock band using drum machines??? What's the point? It doesn't even sound like Justice, it sounds like The Who and Led Zepplin's first attempt at electro using Garageband. Try "Total" by Sebastian Total its the sound your'e lookin for.

Total
Total
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars TOTAL, 25 Nov 2011
This review is from: Total (Audio CD)
I agree with Philip C, this is 4 years too late. This is what the new "JUSTICE"Audio, Video, Disco. should've sounded like, its his own sound and I dont think he has sold himself out.

Page: 1 | 2