Profile for Mel C. > Reviews

Content by Mel C.

Mel C.

Page: 1 | 2
Nokia Lumia 630 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows, 4.5-inch, 8GB)
Nokia Lumia 630 UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Black (Windows, 4.5-inch, 8GB)
Offered by ETI DEALS

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer beware!, 8 Feb. 2016
I purchased this phone from Amazon at the beginning of Sept 15 but the order was fulfilled by DATA ENTERPRISES. The phone arrived quickly and this being my first android phone it took quite a lot of getting used to. I particularly liked the speed you could text with this type of phone. One strange problem occurred in the first few weeks. When I went out with the phone in my pocket and I took it out to use it I found the phone was 'locked'. I could only use it after removing and replacing the battery, it then worked fine. As this was my first android phone I assumed it was something I was doing wrong?? Bad mistake. Just over 4 months later the phone stopped working. I could neither switch it on or off and will only work indoors with the charger lead plugged in?? I contacted both Amazon and DATA ENTERPRISES who told me to contact Nokia. Both parties so far have refused to fix my broken phone, in spite of the 'Sale of Goods Act....'. So buyer beware, if it goes wrong it's your problem!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 24, 2016 5:54 PM GMT

Gillette Series Conditioning Aftershave Gel 75ml
Gillette Series Conditioning Aftershave Gel 75ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Stay cool man!, 11 Feb. 2014
A very nice cooling aftershave at a great price and the perfume lasts all day. This is a re-order after original ran out!

Canon GP 501 Glossy Photo Paper, 100 x 150 mm, 100 Sheets
Canon GP 501 Glossy Photo Paper, 100 x 150 mm, 100 Sheets

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice paper., 15 April 2013
Thought I'd try Canon paper for my Canon printer. I'm pleased with the results which are better than the cheap paper I usually buy. More expensive but I think worth the extra.

10 x G45 Round Globe Golf Ball Light Bulbs in 60 Watt Bayonet B22 Fitting Opal (White/Pearl/Opaque/Soft) Finish Double Life: 2,000 Hour
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little bulbs., 15 April 2013
Arrived very well packed and bulbs appear to be good quality. Difficult to buy in local shops so glad they're still available online. Some of my table lamps must have this size bulb.

Culinare Lift Off Can Opener - White
Culinare Lift Off Can Opener - White

4.0 out of 5 stars No batteries required!!, 15 April 2013
Having tried a number of battery tin openers, they ALL fail within 12-15 months. Bought this Culinare as a cheap backup. It's a bit fiddly to attach to the tin but works perfectly each time- although I've only used it for a dozen times. Think I'll buy another as a backup to my backup!

10 Pack OSRAM 60W Classic Clear BC B22 B22d Candle Light Bulbs, Bayonet Cap, Incandescent Lamps, 660 lm, Mains 240V

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness to light!, 15 April 2013
Seems the only way to obtain 'old fashion' light bulbs is online. This pack of 10 arrived well packed and appear to be of good quality. Should keep my family going for a while!

The Train [DVD] [1964]
The Train [DVD] [1964]
Dvd ~ Burt Lancaster
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 10 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Train [DVD] [1964] (DVD)
This is a very enjoyable film. The shots of steam locos are excellent and the fact the film was shot in black and white only adds to the atmosphere I think. Highly recommended film.

Celestron 71008 25x70 Skymaster Porro Prism Binoculars
Celestron 71008 25x70 Skymaster Porro Prism Binoculars

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch the close focus!, 10 Mar. 2013
The product arrived very well packed and looked tobe good quality and fairly light for they're size and no trouble to hand hold. I particularly wanted them to view birds feeding at the end of my garden 80 feet away. Unfortunately, nowhere in the product description does it state that these binoculars wont focus below 75 feet!!! So,sadly, they had to go back.

Paul Anthony Nose Clipper and Trimmer H5130BK
Paul Anthony Nose Clipper and Trimmer H5130BK

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, 10 Mar. 2013
When it arrived I thought what a cheap and plastic looking product so, for the money, I wasn't expecting too much. What a surprise.The clipper works really well and does a very good job and I think has a 2year guarantee! Recommended.

Canon CLI521, PGI520, WITH CHIP - Multipack x2 Sets of 5 Canon Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for CANON PIXMA iP3600 iP4600, iP4700, MP540, MP550, MP560, MP620, MP630, MP640, MP980, MP990, MX860 Printer Inks - (Contains: 2x PGI-520BK, 2x CLI-521BK, 2x CLI-521C, 2x CLI-521Y, 2x CLI-521M)
Offered by BVH DIRECT

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap ink!, 1 Mar. 2013
Took a while to arrive but at this price I'm not complaining. The ink appears to work ok sofar and colours look fine. Shall use them again.

Page: 1 | 2