Profile for Roger O. Thornhill > Reviews

Content by Roger O. Thornhill

Roger O. Thornhill "Kaplan" (Walsall West midlands. UK)

1000 Forms Of Fear
1000 Forms Of Fear

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Sia's voice, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: 1000 Forms Of Fear (Audio CD)
I love Sia's voice, and Some People Have Real Problems is one of my favourite albums, but this is really disappointing. She is capable of much better material. I have given it three stars but, honestly if this had been the first Sia album I'd heard, I doubt if I would buy another.

Margaret Thatcher: Volume One: The Grocer's Daughter: v. 1
Margaret Thatcher: Volume One: The Grocer's Daughter: v. 1
by John Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating, 15 Aug 2011
I was only fourteen when Mrs Thatcher came to power so I didn't know anything of her career before then, apart frm her axing free school milk and even that i didn't really know about. She also saved the Open University, to her credit.
I am still not a fan of Mrs T. but after reading this book I feel I understand her a little better. A good read.

Under The Guns of the Red Baron: The Complete Record of Von Richthofen's Victories and Victims Fully Illustrated
by Norman L. R. Franks

5.0 out of 5 stars An interesting book., 5 July 2009
This book as been exhaustively research and it shows. There is information on all The Red Baron's victories and the pilots involved.

LUPO All in 1 card reader for CF/SD/Memory Stick/XD/MMC USB 2.0 - TAKES ALL CARDS

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for its price., 5 July 2009
I bought this for my PS3 and it does the job quite well. There is an issue of card orientation, but this shouldn't be a problem if care is taken. For the price, I am quite happy with the way the reader works.

Cary Grant: A Biography
Cary Grant: A Biography
by Marc Eliot

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent biography of a Hollywood icon., 21 April 2007
Even if you have only watched 1 or 2 Grant films and enjoyed them, then you should read this book. Marc Eliot clearly knows his films and his subject.

Since reading this biography, I have wanted to see as many of Grant's films as I can. Knowing more about the man behind the image has helped me enjoy the films even more.