Profile for J. Crane > Reviews

Peppa Pig Giant Snakes & Ladders Game
Peppa Pig Giant Snakes & Ladders Game
Price: 7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended., 12 Mar 2014
It's huge! The 3 year old daughter loves it and it's worked wonders in teaching her to count and recognise numbers. Recommended.

Car Air Vent Mount Holder Case for iPhone 5
Car Air Vent Mount Holder Case for iPhone 5
Offered by MaxRam
Price: 3.98

2.0 out of 5 stars No good if your iphone is in a protective case, 12 Mar 2014
It's not that I don't like this product. It clearly does what it's meant to (ie holds an Iphone 5 on the air vent of my car). But I can't use it as it WON'T hold my iphone unless I take the protective cover I have on it off. And it's near on i possible to take my iphone cover off without breaking all of my fingernails. So my advice would be only buy this if your phone isn't in a case.

Pip and Posy: The Snowy Day (Pip & Posy)
Pip and Posy: The Snowy Day (Pip & Posy)
by Axel Scheffler
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowt special, 29 Nov 2013
There's nothing wrong with this book, or any of the others in the Pip and Posy range, but they don't have an 'it' factor like The Gruffalo, Room On The Broom etc. The illustrations are very nice but otherwise the stories feel a bit average. That said the three year old likes them so what do I know?

UPVC Cable Window Restrictor. Child Safety Lock. Suitable For Windows & Doors - White
Offered by Home Secure
Price: 10.00

1.0 out of 5 stars What do I do with it?, 27 Sep 2013
The window restrictor was sent in good time and looks very solid. I can safely say that if I fixed this to the daughter's window she wouldn't be getting out.

But I have no idea how to fix it to the window. I was sent the restrictor but nothing else. No instructions and nothing to attach the thing to the window. I phoned Amazon to question this and they claimed I was sent everything I needed.

Either I am incredibly thick with no DIY capability whatsoever (quite possible) or there's something missing from my purchase. Either way it's currently gathering dust by the window.

Osombie [Blu-ray]
Osombie [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Corey Sevier
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 4.47

1.0 out of 5 stars No redeeming features, 27 Jun 2013
This review is from: Osombie [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Had hoped it would be a 'so bad it's good' type film to sit alongside Zero Dark Thirty. But it's just awful. Not sure how it got an 18 certificate as there aren't even any good horror / gore moments to enjoy. And Bin Laden only appears for about 2 minutes in the whole film. Please avoid!

Built To Blast - Vol 1
Built To Blast - Vol 1
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's free!, 17 Mar 2013
It's free. It has tracks by Kreator and Meshuggah, Anthrax and Testament, so we're not talking about Mickey Mouse unsigned bands. How can anyone give this one star? OK, if you don't like heavy metal or you get a bit scared by vocalists growling rather than singing then this is clearly not for you, but otherwise this is a great entry into some of the heavier stuff. Awesome stuff.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars A touch overpriced?, 15 Oct 2012
Let's be clear, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this product and my daughter loves it, delivery was prompt etc. But 9.99 for a A2 sized poster? I reckon that's a bit steep myself.

Of course the daughter held a gun to my head so I had to buy it. Anything for peace.

Outpost II: Black Sun [DVD]
Outpost II: Black Sun [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Coyle
Price: 6.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor, 5 Sep 2012
This review is from: Outpost II: Black Sun [DVD] (DVD)
Do not bother with film. Extremely poor. Takes itself way too seriously. I wanted all of the lead characters dead after 20mins. The gore / horror isn't much to write home about either, as evidenced by the fact this is just a 15 rated DVD.

Want a decent modern zombie film? Try [Rec]3 Genises. It's lots more fun.

Pale Pink 18-24 Months
Pale Pink 18-24 Months
Offered by EZY-TEES LIMITED Custom Design & Print Garments
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy customer, 1 Jun 2012
Bought this for my two year old daughter. Good quality t-shirt, not ridiculously priced, speedy delivery. All good. I'll probably buy her another when she outgrows this one, especially as Iron Maiden don't seem to want to bring out a decent baby range of clothes.

STOMP ROCKETS
STOMP ROCKETS
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 5.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Feeble, 2 May 2012
This review is from: STOMP ROCKETS (Toy)
The point of this is that you jump on the blue pump and it shoots to sponge rocket into the air. Simple. Only this is pathetic.

I bought this for my two year old daughter. You could argue that my daughter is too young for such a toy but the fact is that I, a grown adult, can't get the rocket to fly up higher than my knee, and that's when I jump on the pump with all my weight.

The dart doesn't 'rocket' into the air, it barely gets off the ground. Try another version. This one's not fit for purpose.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4