ARRAY(0xa5b2fa68)

Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "anthonyjohn" (Wales)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sufficiently Advanced Technology (Inverse Shadows)
Sufficiently Advanced Technology (Inverse Shadows)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the book., 14 Mar 2014
I enjoy the writings of Mr. Nuttall and this one is well up to standard, and I am sure that his fans will agree.

March Upcountry
March Upcountry
Price: 4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Read the whole series., 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: March Upcountry (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the four books in the series to date but felt that the conclusion of the fourth book was somewhat hurried and left a few unanswered questions.

Karadon (Fourth Fleet Irregulars)
Karadon (Fourth Fleet Irregulars)
Price: 1.28

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit of good news, 14 Mar 2014
My review of the first book in the Fourth Fleet Irregulars was not very good and the reasons were given.

I am pleased to say that with the second book in the series (Karadon), the author has upped his game. This is a much better written book and I enjoyed it to the extent that I have just downloaded the third book in the series, (XD-317).

Mission Zero (Fourth Fleet Irregulars)
Mission Zero (Fourth Fleet Irregulars)
Price: 1.26

3.0 out of 5 stars Three stars, four stars? Hummmm!, 1 Mar 2014
If your looking for Space Opera, give this book a miss. If your looking for practice at page flipping the first half of the book will give it to you.
To be fair, the book is fairly well written although it is incredibly boring, especially the first half/threequarters , If you should wish to know how spacesuits handle the problem of defecation and why it is absolutely necessary to place your coffee cup on the proscribed green ring painted on the wardroom table, then this book will inform you, along with lots of other inconsequential 'facts' about spaceships and spacers.

If you enjoy plasma guns blasting and railguns hammering, you will not enjoy this book.
I have downloaded the next book in line because I do not believe that any author of Space books can sustain this level of boredom in future work. I am about to check.

Lines of Departure (Frontlines)
Lines of Departure (Frontlines)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good reads, both the books., 28 Feb 2014
I am looking forward to more books in this series.
Mr.Kloos tells a good story and I am awaiting his solution to the problem of the Lankeys, should be interesting.

Ark Royal
Ark Royal
Price: 1.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Best space book in ages, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Ark Royal (Kindle Edition)
This is the best military scfi space opera I have read in two or three years, I enjoyed everything about the book.

I sincerely hope Mr. Nuttall will continue the saga of Ark Royal and her crew in future tales.

Specialist 830001 Aluminium Hand Rail Bracket
Specialist 830001 Aluminium Hand Rail Bracket
Price: 3.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy item., 29 Jan 2014
Did the job of fixing my stair hand rail, no problem. I would certainly recommend for similar work.
Only fault, there were no screws sent with the brackets so I had to make a long trip to the nearest town to get some.

Warrior's Scar (The Warrior Chronicles)
Warrior's Scar (The Warrior Chronicles)
Price: 1.88

2.0 out of 5 stars Bloodbaths all the way., 29 Jan 2014
If you like a tale about a paranoid psyycopath with a penchant for killing almost anything that comes within reach, then this is the book for you.
Personally, I won't be following his subsequent episodes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2014 8:36 AM GMT

Warborg - Star Panther
Warborg - Star Panther
Price: 3.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good space opera., 29 Jan 2014
The only reason I didn't award 5 stars is because I am faced with a conundrum.
I do not understand how the author managed to come up with such a good story....a story that continued to hold my interest all the way, despite the dialogue and interpersonal relationships of the cast being so utterly sophomoric and campus in ithe worst sense.

However the story did capture my attention and interest and I hope the author continues to write more about the Warborgs and especially about the AI cat and the Star Panther.

I hope that in subsequent books the writer manages more maturity in both dialogue and relationships. If he does, we may have a winner in the genre. I certainly hope so.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 2, 2014 11:33 PM GMT

The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington)
The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Book order., 15 Jan 2014
I have just finished the first book and downloaded the second book.
I very much enjoyed reading the first book which is why I have just downloaded the second.

I do not, however, enjoy having to plough through umpteen reviews trying to find out the next one in the series.
Surely it can't be too much trouble to put a number after the title.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4