Profile for Steve Smitton > Reviews

Content by Steve Smitton

Steve Smitton (Liverpool, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Living Death (Katie Maguire)
Living Death (Katie Maguire)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint-hearted, 9 Jun. 2016
I love the Katie Maguire series of books and this one was in keeping with the others. Plenty of blood and gore, suspense, sex and an awful twist at the end for Katie.

The only thing that spoiled it for me (and the reason I've only given it four stars) is that the proof reader deserves a kick up the backside. The number of times "Fitzpatrick" appeared instead of "Fitzgerald" was very annoying.

Otherwise, a great read and I look forward to the next instalment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2016 4:58 PM BST

DARK HOUSES a gripping detective thriller full of suspense
DARK HOUSES a gripping detective thriller full of suspense

5.0 out of 5 stars This was an excellent book with a real twist, 25 April 2016
This was an excellent book with a real twist, which I read very quickly. I do, however, feel like picking Greco up and shaking him; telling him to snap out of it. He is so infuriating. Looking forward to the next instalment of the Greco series.

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice device and its true what they say that there ..., 10 Mar. 2016
Very nice device and its true what they say that there is no screen glare, even in direct sunlight. As much as I loved having a Kindle Fire, I couldn't go out in the garden on a nice sunny day and read from it. My only quibble is that the time left in book indicator in the bottom-left corner isn't always accurate. I had a 30 minute bus journey this morning and according to the indicator there were 30 minutes left in the book. 45 minutes later, I was still reading. Otherwise, I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend it to others.

White Light
White Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!, 26 Jan. 2016
This review is from: White Light (Audio CD)
Absolutely stunning album. You would never believe that they have been away for 10 years. Every tune on this CD is catchy and worth listening to.

I also had the pleasure of seeing them in concert in Liverpool on Friday 22/01/2016 and they were superb. A supremely talented sibling group who will hopefully produce more memorable tunes for many years to come.

The Vets (Stephen Leather Thrillers)
The Vets (Stephen Leather Thrillers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Right good read, 30 Jun. 2015
Stuck with this one and I am glad I did. Brilliant storyline and cast of believable characters. Really enjoyed it.

Taken for Dead (Katie Maguire Book 4)
Taken for Dead (Katie Maguire Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, 28 Jan. 2015
A real page turner that I couldn't put down. Superbly researched and written. I was barking up the wrong tree as to the identity of the mole in Anglesea Street. Can't wait for the next instalment in the Katie Maguire series.

Blind Spot for Murder: A Max Cutler Novel
Blind Spot for Murder: A Max Cutler Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars A right riveting read, 19 Jan. 2015
This was a good storyline with very believable characters. The author has obviously visited all the places mentioned in the book and conducted his research very well. The ending has left room for a sequel which I look forward to reading when the
time comes.

Unicorn Men's Signature Dart Shirt - Black/Red, X-Large
Unicorn Men's Signature Dart Shirt - Black/Red, X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Service, 16 Aug. 2010
Ordered this Phil Taylor shirt as a 50th birthday present for my best friend. I ordered it on the Wednesday and it was delivered on the Friday. That's what I call customer satisfaction. Thank you Amazon.

Coming Back To Me: The Autobiography of Marcus Trescothick
Coming Back To Me: The Autobiography of Marcus Trescothick
by Marcus Trescothick

5.0 out of 5 stars Tragic!, 1 Oct. 2008
My heart goes out to Marcus and his family. He has been to hell and back over the last few years and I really hope that he's over the worst now and can make a full recovery. His honesty comes through in the book as does the loyalty displayed by his wife and family. As a result of reading this book, I will never again dismiss depression as a disease which only weak people suffer from - it can happen to all of us.

I've also learned that the life of a cricketer, travelling the world etc is not the glamour life we tend to think it is.

Once again Marcus, I wish you well and hope you make a complete recovery.

Faces
Faces
by Martina Cole

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 11 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Faces (Paperback)
This book could have been written in 200 pages rather than the 666 that the reader is subjected to. There is far too much repetitive description and not enough dialogue.

I've read all of Martina Cole's books but, unlike the others, this is not one that I can recommend to others. If I could have done, I would have given it 0 stars.

Page: 1 | 2