Profile for PGR > Reviews

Content by PGR

PGR

The Bold Black Knight
The Bold Black Knight

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to hear an early recording in first class quality; I have it on an old 78!, 16 Oct 2013
Firstly a warning to future customers who may want to download items from this list. The track I downloaded and wanted is called THE WHISTLING GYPSY but the titles are wrong in the MP3 listings, so when you try The Bold Black Knight you hear the Whistling Gypsy, luckily I realised this and was able to download the actual track I wanted. Please sort the titles out for the benefit of future buyers.

The Definitive Eric Coates - all of his commercial recordings 1923-1957
The Definitive Eric Coates - all of his commercial recordings 1923-1957
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting CD issue. The sound of the early recordings is amazing, 16 Oct 2013
This is an excellent set of CDs and very good value for money. The recordings have been restored to a very high standard as one would expect from Alan Bunting. I would recommend this to anyone who likes light music. I would have preferred a more slim-line modern packaging; it would take less room on the shelf!
Unfortunately the set I received from Amazon had been dropped prior to being packed and the plastic case was badly broken; this was very annoying.