Profile for C. Barry > Reviews

Tangled (Wii)
Offered by MyMemory

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 15 Feb. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Tangled (Wii) (Video Game)
This game comes with no instructions at all. I looked online and found some basic instructions on how to play the game but it's almost impossible to get the hang of it. The graphics are poor and the game content (if you can get to it) is poor also. My 6 year old daughter is very disappointed with this game as she loves the film.

BODUM TRAVEL MUG Stainless Steel Vacuum travel mug, 0.35 l, 12 oz - Pink
BODUM TRAVEL MUG Stainless Steel Vacuum travel mug, 0.35 l, 12 oz - Pink

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 10 Nov. 2012
I've had this mug for a couple of months now and I am regretting my purchase as it's quite a pricey mug.

The first problem with this mug is that it leaks from where the lid hinges. I have a side pocket on my bag where I can keep it upright but I still find it annoying as some still leaks out. I certainly wouldn't want this in the bottom of my handbag as everything would be covered in tea.

The second problem is that it doesn't keep drinks hot for very long when you are outside. We recently went out to a fireworks display and my drink was luke warm after an hour and a half of being made.

My main purpose for buying the mug was so I could take a hot drink with me while I take my kids to their various activities. It works OK for that as I can keep the cup upright in my car and the activities are inside. If I was commuting each day this cup would be hopeless.

The Runaway Dinner
The Runaway Dinner
by Allan Ahlberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 14 Mar. 2012
This review is from: The Runaway Dinner (Paperback)
A little boy named Banjo has a sausage every day for his dinner. One day the sausage jumps up and runs away! Closely followed by all the other items on the table, as well and the table and chair! A hot pursuit ensues and there is much fun and laughter along the way.

My children (aged 2.5 and 5.5) both love this story and have asked for it time and again. Much hilarity to be had at bedtime (particularly as one of the carrots has my Christian name!!). Engaging story and great pictures.

Ken Hom's Foolproof Chinese Cookery
Ken Hom's Foolproof Chinese Cookery
by Ken Hom

5.0 out of 5 stars Very reliable recipes., 14 Mar. 2012
I have owned this book for more than 6 years and I keep coming back to it again and again. Many of the recipes have become everyday fayre in my house now, such as the chicken curry and the chow mein which are both simple and delicious.

Its very easy, do what Ken says and you will have excellent food. It really is foolproof. A very reliable cookbook with step by step photos and instructions.

If I could give this book 6 stars I would!

The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook
by Tarek Malouf

1.0 out of 5 stars Great pictures, bad timings, 7 Oct. 2011
I'm a very experienced home baker and I just can't get any of these recipes to work. They take much longer to cook than the book states (even when using an oven thermometer) or are dense and rubbery. The plus point of this book is that the pictures are lovely but that isn't enough for me, I want recipes that actually work.

A di Alessi Mr Chin Kitchen Timer, Red (ASG78R)
A di Alessi Mr Chin Kitchen Timer, Red (ASG78R)

1.0 out of 5 stars Chin but no chime, 16 April 2010
The main problem with this timer is that it doesn't actually time anything. My 'timer' would buzz with 2 minutes remaining and then just stop with one minute remaining. It had been wound correctly but just didn't work properly. Its a real shame as it looks beautiful but its just not up to the job.

Beaming Baby Organic Baby Skincare Wipes - Pack of 72 Wipes
Beaming Baby Organic Baby Skincare Wipes - Pack of 72 Wipes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Flushable Wipes on the Market, 15 Aug. 2007
I tried loads of different flushable wipes and was not very impressed until I found these. These are a full size wipe that dont break up when getting them from the packet like some of the others did. They are very soft and gentle on little bottoms. I dont use any other wipe now these are great.