Profile for Kevin T > Reviews

Content by Kevin T

Kevin T

Poetic Atmosphere Case for Samsung Galaxy S 4 Clear/Gray (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case, 24 May 2013
This is an excellent case for a very reasonable price. It fits exceptionally well and really looks good with my white phone. Feels nice in your hand too. I would recommend this to anyone.

Still Standing: The Savage Years
Still Standing: The Savage Years
by Paul O'Grady
Price: 8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars I feel let down and a little cheated, 18 Oct 2012
Having read both At my Mothers Knee and The Devil Rides Out, I couldn't wait for this installment.

As is usual with his writing, O'Grady draws you in and gets you really involved in the story, leaving no detail out. He can remember the minutiae of a conversation that happened 20 years ago, what he ate, what he wore etc... With this in mind, as I was reading the book I noticed that at 2/3 of the way through, he still really hadn't touched on Lily and how she hit the big time.

There is a lot of detail in there about his formative years in the pubs and clubs and all of this is very interesting, but just at the point where he's starting to get really noticed and getting TV work, the book jumps to 2012. He say's he's missed all the stuff out about Lily as he didn't think it was relevant!

I felt really disappointed. I'm a huge fan both of Lily & O'Grady and while it's been fascinating learning about his influences and where he's come from, I feel that more of this book could have been devoted to his time spent as Lily. She is/was such a huge part of his life, I find it incredulous that he would just miss it out.

He states in the book that he's not writing any more biographies, however, the cynic in me suspects there will be another best seller on the shelves in time for December 2014. And whilst it irks me to say it, I sincerely hope there is as without the Lily years, the story of his life will not be complete.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2013 2:43 PM GMT