Profile for Bill Ab. > Reviews

Content by Bill Ab.

Bill Ab. (Ballyclare, N. Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Cross Bailey Lacquer Ball Pen - Red
Cross Bailey Lacquer Ball Pen - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVELY PEN, 21 Aug 2014
This pen looks so much more expensive than it was. Perfect shape and weight make it a lovely pen to hold. For this cost, and quality, it is a no brainer for those who want a quality writing implement at minimal cost. Would make an excellent and impressive gift. Have no hesitation in recommending.

Waterman Carene Amber Lacquer Gold Trim Ball Pen - Gift Boxed
Waterman Carene Amber Lacquer Gold Trim Ball Pen - Gift Boxed

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL PEN, 21 Aug 2014
A beautiful pen, which is sure to impress anybody who sees me using it. This is the most expensive pen I have ever purchased, but still was a great saving over the RRP. Really good to hold and use, and makes me want to write with it more often. It has a lovely weight to it, and screams class with the colour and gold coloured fittings. Would have preferred the option of it coming with black refill, but this is a very minor grumble. So, would thoroughly recommend for those who want a really special pen.

Liberon DOMO5L 5L Decking Oil - Medium Oak
Liberon DOMO5L 5L Decking Oil - Medium Oak

5.0 out of 5 stars THE VERY BEST, 21 Aug 2014
Purchased this product after reading so many positive reviews on Amazon, and being restricted in choice by the usual outlets. I went for the 'Medium Oak', and I am extremely pleased with the result. While some have reported that it is too dark, I found it to be just perfect and 'not in your face'. Although it is on the dark side it blends in well with the rest of the garden. I do not like my decking to be too light in colour. The decking did literally 'drink' this product, so it does not go particularly far, which for me is a good sign, as it is obviously soaking in the oil to offer greater protection. It is too early to report on how durable this oil is, but if it lives up to my expectations I will definitely order again. Although it does appear a tad expensive, sometimes you definitely get what you pay for. Delivery was very fast. I have no hesitation in recommending this product or the seller.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC VALUE - SUPERSONIC DELIVERY, 15 July 2014
Ordered two of these for my big 60th Birthday. Great choice of size and colour. Was not expecting too much, given the very reasonable price, but pleasantly surprised. Good quality and weight (given the cost). Delivery was not fast - IT WAS SUPERSONIC. I live in Northern Ireland, ordered them one day, and both arrived the next day. This supplier would definitely get my business again. Everybody who saw it on my birthday was impressed. Would definitely recommend.

Hot Diamonds Angel Heart Magma Maxi Pendant Made with Swaroski Elements of 75cm
Hot Diamonds Angel Heart Magma Maxi Pendant Made with Swaroski Elements of 75cm

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, JUST BEAUTIFUL, 15 July 2014
Was sceptical when ordering as I thought the price was too good to be true (£65.97), and represent good quality, but was so pleased upon receiving the item. Perfect size, not too small, but tastefully large, and looks fantastic. Chain also very good quality. This is a birthday present for my wife, and I just know she will be over the moon with it. I am a very fussy guy when it comes to buying jewellery for my wife. So, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with this item. Excellent value, great quality, and swift delivery. Comes beautifully packaged in a very substantial presentation box. Have no hesitation in thoroughly recommending this item.

Invision® iPad Air Smart Case Cover - Front and Back Protection With Magnetic Auto Wake/Sleep Function - Superior Design Features - Premium Quality PU Leather With Microfiber Inner Lining - Independently Recommended by "Which?" Magazine (iPad 5 Case Dark Blue)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FIT, EXCELLENT VALUE, 17 Feb 2014
Great cover at a good price. Like so many that have also been advertised as leather, THIS PRODUCT IS NOT LEATHER. Obviously items can legally be described as leather so long as somewhere in the description mention is made that they are actually PU (Synthetic Leather). It is about time this loop hole for manufacturers was closed. Anyway, for the price I did not expect real leather, so was not disappointed. The cover fits very neatly and is totally unobtrusive and is very light in weight. It just clips in to the four edges of the i-pad and holds it securely. The magnetic sleep and wake sensor works perfectly every time. Looks good, fits perfectly and is excellent value at £15.99. Would not touch it with a barge pole at the original price of £59.99. For that price It would need to be real leather. Cannot really say much more about this cover apart from thoroughly recommending it.

Craghoppers Kiwi Mens Winter Lined Trousers -Elephant, Regular-32 Inch
Craghoppers Kiwi Mens Winter Lined Trousers -Elephant, Regular-32 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Comfort, 15 Dec 2013
Item arrived very quickly and was as expected. Have been a Craghoppers fan for many years and these trousers did not disappoint. Only slight disappointment is that the plastic belt clasp broke after a few weeks. I note that this also happened to another buyer. This effectively means that the belt that came with them cannot be used. This apart, I still feel that the comfort and quality of these trousers still deserve 5 stars. Absolutely great for keeping out the chill. Would thoroughly recommend.

LINCOLN Brown Leather Wallet Smart Flip Case Cover for the iPad Air (2013, 5th Generation) with Full Sleep Wake Compatibility, Screen Protector Included
Offered by Purplemoose007

2.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE - NOT LEATHER, 5 Dec 2013
Bought this item after reading all the good reviews on Amazon. Delivery was very fast, however this is where the positives end. When opened, I was surprised to see that the item was very dark brown, instead of the lovely tan colour as shown. The label on the cover bag showed 'Journey' instead of 'Lincoln', which made me slightly suspicious. Also of concern were the access holes, which were totally different in shape to those shown in the Amazon photo. So, I went on to the JammyLizard site to view the product, only to be further disappointed. Firstly, I could have bought this item direct from JammyLizard for £14.95 with free postage. However, my main concern was that while the item was initially described on the JammyLizard site as Leather Wallet Cover Case the full description just below described it as High Quality 'FAUX' Leather Cover. So this case is NOT LEATHER. Those who police product descriptions really do need to pursue anybody, starting with the makers, who describe this product as Genuine Leather. I have contacted Amazon about my concerns and have also contacted Purplemoose the sellers on Amazon. I have also contacted JammyLizard for comment. I await their responses. If I am wrong to any degree in my review, I will apologise in an updated review later. However, in the meantime BUYER BEWARE.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2014 10:38 PM GMT

BRASHER Traverser Men's Travel Shoes, Brown, UK8
BRASHER Traverser Men's Travel Shoes, Brown, UK8
Offered by Country Innovation

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best Brasher footwear I have ever purchased, 25 Nov 2013
I have been a huge Brasher fan for many years and have worn numerous pairs of their boots and walking shoes. However, I must admit being somewhat disappointed with these particular walking shoes. Since wearing them they have caused my feet to be constantly cold and damp feeling, making wearing them quite uncomfortable. This is probably due to the fact that they are not Gore-Tex lined, and therefore do not have breathability. No matter what type of socks I wear, and with constant use of shoe anti-deodorant spray, these shoes make my feet feel damp and cold and the shoes retain a bad odour. It will not put me off the Brasher brand, but in future I will pay that bit extra for Gore-Tex in the product, as I have done with every pair in the past. Do not purchase if your feet sweat a lot, but then whose feet don't sweat?

Hee Grand Men's Pre-Tied Bow Tie Red and Black
Hee Grand Men's Pre-Tied Bow Tie Red and Black
Offered by Hee Grand (8-20 days delivery time)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality and Price, provided you don't need it in a hurry., 25 Nov 2013
I am really pleased with this product and the price, however don't order if you require it in a hurry, as it is posted from CHINA, and takes a considerable time to arrive. I ordered this item on 2 November and it didn't arrive until 3 weeks later!! Having said that, it did include an apology and explanation for delay, re postage from China. Could have easily given the product 1 star due to the delivery issues, but so pleased with it, and accompanying apology that it deserves 5 stars, but do be patient if you order it. It is worth the wait.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5