Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "sairbearbrad"

Home Comforts: The Art & Science of Keeping House: The Art and Science of Keeping House
by Cheryl Mendelson

5.0 out of 5 stars My house bible, 10 Jan 2005
I've had this book for about 5 years and I bought it after seeing the author on television. It is absolutely indispensable and makes an excellent housewarming present for those moving out of home for the very first time. It has the answer for everything and means you don't have to phone your mum about every little thing when you start living on your own. It's so well researched and intelligently written and the footnotes and bibliography are really useful too. I love this book.

Kings, Queens, Bones and Bastards: Who's Who in the English Monarchy from Egbert to Elizabeth II
by David Hilliam

1.0 out of 5 stars Lies and false facts, 15 Mar 2001
I was totally diappointed with this book. It certainly would never deserve a 5-star review and I am loathed to give it even one star. It could have been an interesting reference book but for the consistent mistakes. Henry II was the son of Geoffrey of Anjou not Emperor Henry V. Many kings are listed as having been gay when there is flimsy evidence for William II, Richard I and especially, Richard II. The Lord Protector in Edward VI's reign was JOHN Dudley not Robert. Elizabeth I is described as a "perhaps willing" (pg. 221) victim of child abuse. These should not be allowed to pass in a history book. Please save your money, I wish I had done.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 10, 2013 5:11 PM BST