Profile for Marshall > Reviews

Content by Marshall

Marshall

Extinction Point (Extinction Point series Book 1)
Extinction Point (Extinction Point series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is amazing, 31 Mar. 2013
I'd almost given up looking for a book I'd like this much. I utterly fell for the main character within a few pages, from the sitting by the window to keep an eye on her chained-up bike to not letting her sandwich crumbs fall in her keyboard. Occasionally, though, the details lose focus a little, and I found myself thinking "I care about this why?" The plot similarly loses its impetus on occasion but gets it back within a couple of pages. It's an absolutely gripping story that I devoured in 2 afternoons and I've already pre-ordered the sequel. It's not perfect but it makes up for its minor flaws so well I'm giving it 5 stars anyway.

Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1000 - Black
Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 1000 - Black
Offered by Jeremiah Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous, 17 Dec. 2011
A nice size, perhaps not if you have large hands but I don't so it's great - not too bulky for taking it around with me. The tiny usb receiver fits VERY securely into the port on my laptop - I can't see it falling out by accident! I love that you can fit the receiver into the bottom of the mouse next to the battery so you don't lose it. The sensitivity is just right. I barely notice I'm using it, which is just how a mouse should be - so responsive that it fades into the background. I'm now planning to get one for my dad for his birthday, because he keeps borrowing mine.

Chambers Card Games for One (Chambers Games)
Chambers Card Games for One (Chambers Games)
by Peter Arnold

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, fun, 8 Dec. 2011
This book is packed full of games I've never heard of before, all of them explained clearly with an example move to get you going. It also contains alternative names for each of the games.

I can see I'll be playing these games for a long time to come!

Microwavable Cosy Cuddle Bear; to Soothe Relax and Comfort. (Golden)
Microwavable Cosy Cuddle Bear; to Soothe Relax and Comfort. (Golden)

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 8 Dec. 2011
I bought this as a birthday gift for my mum, and she was thrilled with it. It's quite a cute little bear, and smells lovely.

400 Sheets Single Sided Origami Paper
400 Sheets Single Sided Origami Paper
Offered by Color Tree Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 8 Dec. 2011
Not all the sheets are 100% perfect squares, but the difference is negligible in most projects. The colours are nice and bright and there is a good range of them. While the pack is not perfect, I would buy it again (if I ever finish this one - 400 sheets is a lot of paper!).

Home Made Lattice Shaped Pie Mould
Home Made Lattice Shaped Pie Mould

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 8 Dec. 2011
It takes a time or two to get used to how hard to press the two sides together, but in principle it's very easy to use and makes a lovely-looking pie.

Equestriad
Equestriad

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best, 8 Dec. 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Equestriad (Video Game)
It's 10 years old and it's still the best horse game ever made. The most realistic, the most friendly to play, with a lovely selection of cheats which are unlocked when you complete certain levels. I've had this for at least 9 years and I still dig it out on a regular basis. Watching Badminton on the TV also always makes me want to play it again!

The Fairy-Land of Science
The Fairy-Land of Science

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 26 July 2011
A book of basic and sometimes outdated scientific information, it is nonetheless written so beautifully as to render any inaccuracies unimportant. It is designed to convey the spirit, rather than the facts, of science, and opens one's eyes to the natural beauty all around us.