Profile for Irene > Reviews

Content by Irene

Irene "IrisEyes57" (Lansing, MI, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Cracker - Complete Collection [DVD]
Cracker - Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robbie Coltrane

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracker - Complete Colllection, 8 Mar. 2014
Cracker was a real smart ass. I have always liked a smart ass but he also knew that he had problems and should do something about it. He struggled with it solving crimes and being a good husband and father. He was good at the crime solving and lousy at the husband and father. I enjoyed this series but it is not for everyone.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Unabridged Audiobook)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Unabridged Audiobook)
by Stieg Larsson
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Next, 8 Mar. 2014
I loved this series by Stieg Larsson. I envied the girls guts and brains. I thought the loyalty shown by the reporter helped to make up for his self-defeating behavior with women. The mystery was scary and yet exciting. I truly wish Stieg Larsson had not died.

PD James: The Adam Dalgliesh Chronicles [DVD] [1983]
PD James: The Adam Dalgliesh Chronicles [DVD] [1983]
Dvd ~ Roy Marsden
Offered by 2ndiscs

5.0 out of 5 stars PD James: The Adam Dalgliesh Chronicles (DVD), 8 Mar. 2014
I really enjoyed Roy Marsden's take on Adam Dalgliesh. and the PD James stories. I liked the fact that they kept as much to the books as possible.

Endeavour: The Origins of Inspector Morse [DVD] (2012)
Endeavour: The Origins of Inspector Morse [DVD] (2012)
Dvd ~ Shaun Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Endeavour - The Origins of Inspector Morse, 8 Mar. 2014
This is the start of the series. I enjoyed it a lot. It points out constantly how much Morse does not fit in yet does. The contrasts

Lewis - Series 6 [DVD]
Lewis - Series 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Whately
Offered by Champion Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Lewis - Series 6, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Lewis - Series 6 [DVD] (DVD)
I love the Lewis Series and this one series was great. I enjoy the byplay between the characters best. I think it was genius to match the two actors together.

Whitechapel, Series 3 [DVD] [2012]
Whitechapel, Series 3 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Rupert Penry-Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Whitechapel - Series 3., 8 Mar. 2014
These stories are kind of gory but I enjoy the detection part of it. I also like the fact that someone with such OCD is still able to function with well with many obstacles. I also like the support characters and their challenges

Midsomer Murders Series Fourteen [DVD]
Midsomer Murders Series Fourteen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Midsomer Murders Series Fourteen, 8 Mar. 2014
I like the new Inspector Barnaby. I like the episodes and all of the different stories being told. I also like the fact that the stories are continuing. Some of funny, funny some are sad. This group has both.

Lewis - Series 7 [DVD]
Lewis - Series 7 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Whately

5.0 out of 5 stars Lewis - Series 7, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Lewis - Series 7 [DVD] (DVD)
First, you should know that I love the Lewis Series. What I didn't like was the fact that there were so few stories per series. These stories are very different. I love the Oxford environment and the intellectual approach to some of the crimes. It is fun to try to figure it out.

Midsomer Murders Series Fifteen [DVD]
Midsomer Murders Series Fifteen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars Midsomer Murders Series Fifteen (DVD), 8 Mar. 2014
I really like the series better than the sets because it is in order. I like the new Inspector Barnaby. He is interesting and yet not the same as the old one. He is thoughtful and tries to understand the situations. This was a good Series.

Blue Murder: Series 5 [DVD]
Blue Murder: Series 5 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Quentin

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue Murder: Series 5, 8 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Blue Murder: Series 5 [DVD] (DVD)
I really am enjoying this series. I like the fact that the woman is the lead officer and that she has home problems and has to cope with both. It is so much more realistic than so many series. I wish it would go on forever.

Page: 1 | 2