Profile for M. Tuffley > Reviews

Content by M. Tuffley

M. Tuffley (Droitwich, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Witch
Witch

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opening and intriguing. One of the best books I have read for a long time!, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Witch (Kindle Edition)
Without a doubt the most fascinating and compelling book I have read. The title grabbed my attention and the words inside captured me taking me on the authors journey of self discovery and learning about a new way of life. I sat reading the book thinking "me too", nodding frantically at points that I recognised in myself and can only say that it has been a revelation to realise that what I think and how I think is also felt by others. This is the first book I have felt compelled to contact the author and was glad to see an email address as a point of contact. Trust me if you are Witch, Wiccan, Pagan or have any other interest... you need to read this book!. Simply as an autobiography this book is interesting but when you read between the lines its just amazing. Excellent and well worth a five star review. I wait for a second book, because I feel there has got to be more from this fascinating author Rose Neath.

Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
Deadlocked: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 12)
by Charlaine Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Preperation for the end but still brilliant., 7 May 2012
What is going on with these reviews? This is a brilliant book and a worthy five stars. This book is the book that HAD to be written or we would all be wondering what the hell happened to all these characters when the final book comes out. Do you want to get to the end of the series and go, yes but what happened with so and so... Its clear that the last book is going to give Sookie the happy ever after but isnt that what we want. Its also clear its going to be a brilliant series end. Will it be Eric or will it be Sam, will Bill make a final claim on Sookie? Deadlocked finishes lots of the smaller plots off nicely. No it did not have as big an impact on me as the other books but I came away totally ready for the series to finish and totally satisied with what I had read. If you have read the other Sookie books you will HAVE to read this one but if you are new to the series, its not going to make a whole lot of sense to you and you will be wondering what the fuss is about. If you are purchasing this book because you have watched the TV series, I warn you the books are different from the tv series, start at the beginning and you will know why we are such fans.

The Fool's Journey
The Fool's Journey

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy of a read., 1 May 2012
I actually feel that the synopsis of this book does not do the book justice neither does the cover. Don't be fooled in thinking this is a story just based on tarot reading, instead it is a descriptive tool cleverly intergrated in a way that follows Moira, the main character's, journey into a new life of self discovery. At the heart of the book is a wonderful romance story but Moira's journey starts out as quite hearbreaking and I agree with another review, almost uncomfortable to read but her journey has to start somewhere and being at your lowest point is a good time to have the courage to make life changing decisions. I liked the characters, even down to the wonderful cats and dogs. I really hope that there may be further books to expand on the other characters lives because you become attached to each and everyone. I would love to see a book about Liz and her back story and if she ever finally meets her own Prince Charming. There are some great twists to this book that I won't reveal, instead you will have to read it for yourself.

Would I recommend this book, yes without hesitation. If this is the first full length book that the author has written I can imagine her work can only go from strength to strength.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2012 7:57 AM BST

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good starter kit, 18 April 2012
For a starter kit this is actually not bad, obvioulsy they are not going to be the same as MAC or Real Technique brushes, especially at this cost. Most of the brushes are excellent but the larger bristled brushes, like the powder brush is not the best quality and the hair is quite coarse. Also the larger brushes shed slightly, but this is just five brushes out of the entire roll. The rest of them are a made from a different hair and are also non shedding. The variety of bristle shapes is excellent and I would highly recommend it as a starting point to achieve professional looks. You can easily add or replace the brushes that you are not so keen on. One word of caution, wash all the brushes really throughly before you use them. They have a fine powder residue on them and have a slight smell from the vinyl roll that it comes in. Overall they are well worth the money and I am very happy with them.

Strictly Professional 425g Luxury Warm Wax with Rose
Strictly Professional 425g Luxury Warm Wax with Rose

5.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly good warm wax, from a professional view., 12 April 2012
This is a five star product, forget the other reviews. I have been in the beauty industry for over 20 years so I have been using Warm Wax, professionally for long enough to know what I am talking about. I bought this product because I did not have time to pop to my local distributer and needed the wax for the next day. I read the reviews, including all the one star reviews and I have to admit I did wonder if I was doing the right thing, but seeing as it was an emergency I went for it, especially as it was being delivered on Amazon Prime.

Honestly forget the low star ratings and take it from someone who knows what they are talking about, this is a decent wax! It is everything I would expect from gold warm wax. It has a slight rose fragrance and when heated it applies really nicely. It holds the heat well and melts at a good temperature, which was suprisingly quick too. As with every wax you get tiny spots of residue, but nothing that I would not expect and certainly not like the one star rating reviews I have read (did they actually heat the wax correctly, I wonder?). No it does not have instructions on the tub, but it supposed to be a "professional" product so it does not really suprise me.

NOTE: This product is to be used with a wax pot heater. Don't make the mistake of thinking it is like the shop bought products that you can heat up in the microwave and then use straight from the tub.

TO GET THE WAX OUT OF THE TUB INTO YOUR WAX HEATER:

To get the wax out the tub I popped it into a microwave, still in the plastic tub. With the professional wax I normally use the tub can tolerate under 5 mins and will then easily pour into the wax heater but seeing as I was not sure about the plastic container I used an old bowl, which is a good thing as it didn't take microwaving that great. (I have had it happen before and ended up with a molten wax pot and hot wax pouring out the microwave, hence the use of the bowl). So I would recommend either using a ban marie (a bowl of bowling water) making sure you have the lid tightly on, so no water mixes inside, but it melts just enough to soften the edges so it can then be poured in a lump into the heater OR tipping the wax upside down over your wax pot, whilst cold, and leaving it overnight to pour into the heater. This can leave wax behind in the tub, so you do waste a little but at least you have non sticky hands.

If you are not used to home waxing, don't bother get a professional to do it. Its messy, smells and you will no doubt spill some on your carpet or clothes. If you do have a wax pot at home, ignore the bad reviews and go for it. I would actually buy the product again as when I used it for a full leg wax, face and bikini area on a client, it worked really well. Even on the eyebrows, it came off the skin nicely. So far it seems a gentle product because of the added rose oil and doesn't irritate the skin.

It is worthy of five stars.

3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension Cable Lead 3m
3.5mm Stereo Jack to Socket Headphone Extension Cable Lead 3m
Offered by ETechland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 12 April 2012
Great item and really cheap but please be warned if you are buying this through the trader Dealzip it is actually coming from Singapore and will take up to ten working days to arrive.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 [DVD]
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, what a great film, 17 Mar 2012
If you have never read the Twilight series you will be disappointed in this film. No doubt you will think the acting by Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner is simply dreadful and will not understand what the fuss is all about. Trust me, this film delivers just like the book did, but I think you need to understand the whole story to appreciate just how well this film captures this half of the final book.. Kristen Stewart has managed to intergrate all of Bella Swans little quirks into her role and obviously understands the character and I think Taylor Lautner was brilliant.

Breaking Dawn is the first part of what was a very long book and Part One is the build up to a wonderful climax to the series of films/books. The pace is maybe a little slower in this film, compared to Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse but it suits the story wonderfully, the humour of the honeymoon was brilliantly done. This film delivers the magic that was captured in the book and I bet every fan is going nuts waiting for November, when Part Two comes out.

If you are just watching the films and have never bothered to read Stephanie Meyers books, I urge you to read the books. Each book is captivating and in a way far better than the films as the details that the film makers had to leave out are what made the books just so wonderful, plus if you are confused about the whole Bella, Edward, Jacob love triangle it is explained better. I miss Alice in the films and always feel they should have done more with her character like the books did.

So in conclusion, brilliant film especially for the fans and read the books if you have not bothered yet. Also great soundtrack. The Twilight series always delivers on the music front and I notice Muse are in it yet again, seeing as Stephanie Meyer is such a big fan!

Philips DVP3580/05 DVD Player (DivX,USB MP3 Creation,HDMI,1080p Upscaling and Progressive Scan) (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Packed up after 3 months, 25 Oct 2011
I have just sent this DVD player back to Amazon. I was really pleased with it initially. It had excellent picture quality and was easy to use. I wanted something that was simple and that could be run through a HDMI cable, which it did fine until the picture kept on freezing. It then started making horrible screaching noises. I phoned Phillips who were very helpful but seeing as it was so new advised me to send it back to Amazon who gave me a full refund. I am presuming I had a fault but if you do buy this player just be warned. One thing to point out is that it comes with NO CABLES included so check you have a scart or HDMI cable in stock.

Wireless DoorBell Chime 100M Range 36 Sound Door Bell By CKB Ltd
Wireless DoorBell Chime 100M Range 36 Sound Door Bell By CKB Ltd
Offered by CKB LTD

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, not the best doorbell in the world, 25 Oct 2011
At the first sign of damp air this bell packed up! It is very tinny sounding and the endless options for the ring chime are frankly annoying particulary as most of them are Japanese.I don't particularly want shouting men as my doorbell! It has a guard dog sounding charm which is hilarious, whoever thinks its sounds like a dog must be deaf! Don't waste your money on this bell, trust me I have been through a few of them and this is by far the worst one of the lot. I think you could get a much better bell for the same price. The only plus side to it is the flashing lights on the bell, indicating it has been rung but seeing as they switch off pretty quickly unless you are sat watching the bell all the time you are going to miss it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I have Sparkling Teeth, 25 Oct 2011
Never have my teeth felt so clean! This toothbrush is worth every penny I paid for it. I have used an electric toothbrush in the past but nothing compares to just how clean this gets your teeth. I can't get over how much cleaner my teeth feel all day long compared to regular brushing. I love all of the options like deep cleanse or polishing giving you that extra bit of care to really help with your oral hygiene. The smart guide is excellent, showing you how to divide your brushing area into quadrants and then have an automatic time pre set into the toothbrush. I find that I am cleaning those ahrd to reach areas much better than I have ever done before. My dentist is impressed too and I certainly do not need trips to the hygienist!

If you are thinking about investing in an electric toothbrush, yes there are cheaper and also dearer brushes on the market but I really don't think you can beat this profesional brush. Give it a go!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4