Profile for Ragsy > Reviews

Content by Ragsy

Ragsy

FiiO Kilimanjaro E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier (3.5 mm Stereo Jack, Black)
FiiO Kilimanjaro E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier (3.5 mm Stereo Jack, Black)
Offered by EA Audio
Price: 54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just a box with a pretty light ....., 20 Jun 2013
Firstly most of reviews on here are about using this product with headphone's which are fine and what it is designed for, one day I may get some and use as intended ;).

My mission was to improve the volume output from my Samsung Galaxy Player 4.2 which although a fine product severely lacks the ability to drive my Portable Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i. The problem is not due to volume capping on the player it's more to do with an impedance mismatch between the player and the speaker. In my job I drive a fork truck around a noisy warehouse and good sound is needed to keep me happy during my shift and keep me sane.

My portable sound set up :-

Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White
Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S715i for iPod and iPhone

I first tried the E05 which works quite well and overcomes the impedance mismatch between the devices but was not giving enough volume to my liking although was fine at home with the player and speaker combo.

I received the E11 yesterday 19/6/2013 and eagerly charged it up ready to test out .... it came in nice tobacco sized tin with all accessories included and instructions.

I took the E11 to work and all I can say is WOW ! , in my noisy warehouse the volume is amazingly good compared to the E05 (50% Louder) and much more important was the sound quality this device delivers. I found that compared to the E05 the clarity of the bass was much richer and deeper sounding and there is enough treble to keep anyone happy.

The other main reason I bought the E11 was the replaceable battery option as this is a must in my situation as I intended to use the E11 for an 8 hour working shift, first shift finished and there is still charge in the battery but I will see how this goes and update this review later.

Overall I am very impressed and the E11 has won me over and thanks to all who have reviewed this product before me who helped push me to buy this unit. Get one if your reading this as you wont be disappointed !!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2013 8:09 PM BST

Corsair CWCH60 Hydro Series H60 High Performance 120mm Radiator All-In-One Liquid CPU Cooler
Offered by ShopCuscus
Price: 52.41

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any PC Gamer !!!!, 17 May 2013
Thanks to all who have reviewed this item and persuaded me to by this excellent product , I bought this to replace a Artic Freezer 13 Pro which until the plastic mounting base fractured at the securing point I thought was doing a decent job at holding my system (Quad core i5 Ivybridge PC Overclocked at 4.2 ghz) at 65 -70 degrees on full load

This version of the H60 only had one intel series mounting plate that was a little tricky to fit into my gigabyte Z77-D3H Motherboard, however there is a newer version of this that I had not noticed on sale at Amazon which has two mounting plates for intel supplied with it http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CW-9060007-WW-Series-Performance-All-In-One/dp/B00A0HZMGA/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Once the mounting plate was in place the rest of the fitting was so easy (10 min install) after the initial faffing about for 20 minutes with the mounting plate positioning. The instructions supplied by Corsair are very clear and user friendly and even for novices it makes fitting the rest of assembly a breeze.

I personally cleaned of the supplied thermal solution on the unit and applied some artic silver in its place and eagerly tested the new set-up, the results are not outstanding but you would have to go up the range to a H80 / H100 to improve on the performance at the obvious extra costs involved.

For the money though this little baby gives me very acceptable idle temperatures at 28-30 degrees and on full load a maximum of 55 - 60 degrees on big power hungry games like Arma 3 and Battlefied 4.

This is not a silent solution by any means so expect some noise from the pump but its quieter than my old setup with the Artic freezer 13 Pro.

Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Midi Tower with Window - Black
Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 Midi Tower with Window - Black
Offered by King Of Gadgets UK
Price: 44.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case for money, 7 Aug 2012
After recently purchasing the parts to build a new PC I found that the ole case was lacking in the airflow department, this case is fantastic value and met my criteria for increased airflow in a case. Installing the rest of the gubbings such as hdd's and motherboard was a breeze as there's plenty of room for full size Atx motherboard a few HDD's and plenty of spare bays at top front of case if required.

I Also like the locking mechanisms employed for the CD/ HDD's just simple and affective plus thumb screws securing the case sides is a bonus (hate having to find a screwdriver for this ). The one extra added bonus is the power supply is bottom mount (although the 12v supply for motherboard had to be routed differently to reach as stated in another review), PSU mounting preference for me was to have the fan facing down to suck in cool air from under the machine and this keeps the PSU cool.

The base system comes with a blue led intake fan at front and a plain rear sickle flow extract at rear top of case only.

For me I personally wanted more airflow options and this case caters for enthusiasts so read on if you are interested if not skip to next paragraph..

I managed to fit 2x 120mm red led fans at the top of case as "extraction" to take heat out of the top of case as the cpu cooler fan (Artic pro freezer 13) is directly under these fans, this assists the cpu fan expelling heat through top of case. I reversed the rear fan to make it take air in over the CPU heat sink again assisting with the airflow over the CPU Cooler. I also Added a Green thunderbird led fan to side of case to take air into the area where the GPU sits to assist cooling of GPU. The leds light all of the PC internals via the side window and it looks nice, mine looks more like a xmas tree light set-up lol.

Overall a great buy for the PC builder and the only one down side to this case is the extra bright led's for power and hdd at the front, otherwise top marks for me.

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz - Gigabyte Z77-D3H - 8GB Corsair DDR3 Overclocked Gaming Bundle
Offered by ADMI Limited UK
Price: 374.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and great support from Supplier, 25 July 2012
Purchased this combo recently and has been a great buy, I had some issues with the overclock as when powered up it was at 4.2 Ghz and not the advertised 4.4Ghz. It was locking up at this speed and was only stable at 4.0 Ghz so I contacted the supplier via Amazon, I got a reply very quickly to solve the issue.

When they first set the overclock and test them they automatically save the overclocked settings as profile 1 on the bios, for some reason mine was not using the profile on first power up.

I have issues with my PSU that stops it working at 4.4 Ghz which is not the suppliers problem , new PSU ordered and for now i'll settle for a blazing fast stable 4.0 Ghz speed. Well impressed with the tech support from ADMI.

Edit : 3/8/2012

New PSU and still have the problem so that possible problem is eleimated , dont let this put you off this bundle as others I know who have this set up and have no problems whatsover , even at 4.0Ghz as i stated before its a beast of a system :)

Edit : 11/08/2012

After a bit of help from overclockers.net and reading up on others who have this set-up overclocked to 4.4Ghz finally got it running at 4.4Ghz and stable, there are issues with the bios at F8 which was how i received this setup, I updated bios to F12 and then F16 and the stabilty issues have gone at 4.4Ghz.

One thing though , if you do need to update the Bios make sure you save your profile 1 and any other you might have , easily done from bios can save to usb /hdd ect.....

I am well happy with it now and again thanks to ADMI for their help in technical support.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2013 10:31 AM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sound for the money ever !, 9 Dec 2011
Was a bit reluctant to shell out for this when originally I was looking at the product when it was 179, had best reviews for its price range. To my amazement and after trying several speaker systems out over the last year I saw this at 61 gbp on Amazon and took the plunge.

No Bad points noted so far , sounds fantastic far better than some of the so called quality sound systems (Bose excluded) and battery lasts minimum 7 hrs.

Presently priced at 64 gbp get one now they are amazing and you wont get a better one at this price trust me.

Overall musical bang for bucks this is out of this world !

Edit July 25/07/2012

Had this product since November last year (2011) and the battery is still lasting up to 7 hours, I am suprised as I use this speaker on my Picking truck at work every night for 6hrs plus. Still Sounds amazing and has been dropped a couple of times and survived which is an added bonus. If you thinking of buying one of these then even at the current price it outstrips other units that are double the price.

In Phase IPS247BT Headunit, 4x60W CD,MP3, SD,USB,Bluetooth
In Phase IPS247BT Headunit, 4x60W CD,MP3, SD,USB,Bluetooth

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, 23 May 2011
Ok so I wanted to replace my existing head unit (In Phase IPX1) with a unit that supports USB and SD Cards. Look no further that this little beauty.

Sound Quality as with the previous unit is excellent at 4 x 60w and with my speaker set up its sounds amazing.

Fairly easy fitting for me as had older version simply unplug from car harness, I had one issue here where i had to buy a different adaptor to plug it in to wiring harness as the adaptor is not supplied with the unit (Other than that was a doddle to fit).

I have not used the hands free bluetooth set up so cant comment on mic quality , but music streaming from phone works well.

I bought a class 10 32gb SDHC card and put a few mp3's on to test it, works like a dream. CD Player works fantastic on normal CD's but CD's with Mp3's seemed a little hit and miss so its more likely the quality of the disks that is the issue.

Radio works well and provided the adaptor plug in seated properly into your cars wiring harness plug then it holds memory and is stable on all stations. If you fit this in a car as loose wired then you must connect one lead up to the iginition otherwise the memory wont hold.

I did not buy my unit from Amazon as the Sellers site had the unit at a special lower price at the time so for me the at the sub 100 price this unit offered all the features of more expensive top end units at half the price.

Biggest issue I have with this unit not distracting from how good it sounds and the features you get on it is the display is very bright when using the unit at night time. I suspect the next model up 248BT is the direct replacement as the display looks a lot different to this unit.

Overall though despite its little niggles this is an excellent buy for me peronally as the IPX1 I had before was selling at 250 plus and 500 when it was brand new, this unit has the same excellent sound quality but with all the modern tech on it ... well happy with this unit.

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Price: 47.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Sound output dam the EU Regulations, 18 April 2011
This player is great , compact easy to use and fast at transferring music from your PC. Impressed with the storage and expansion.

Only thing that bugs me is the very low sound output from this device , although clear on headphones its a bit too low and on my portable speaker and hardly can hear it .

I must point out that this is not a fault with the player itself more than the EU regulations on volume output from these types of devices but is easily fixable if you buy a headphone amplifier similar to this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0026RJQJ6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A2W6KJJRFX7FNI

*Update 12/5/2011*
Well after the initial probems with the sound I found that installing the free Rockbox firmware has tranformed the player completely, can't recommend this software enough. Full control over sound is great compared to the standard Sansa Firmware, you can adjust base treble output and stereo seperation effect etc etc ... the other things on the rockbox are well worth having such as alarm clock and voice confirmation of menu actions plus better control over your playlists.

Check it out here [...]

I was going to sell this item on an get an Ipod 160gb touch but now im happy to keep it and I dont need the headphone amplifier anymore ..

LG 37LD490 37-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LCD Internet TV with Freeview HD
LG 37LD490 37-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD LCD Internet TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars LG Rocks, 10 April 2011
Spent ages figuring out what I wanted from a new TV and this has everything.

USB
3 x HDMI
Digital optical output
Internet Connection
Damn fine picture quality for a LCD.

Very easy to use remote and picks up DTV perfectly even on my old analogue arial.

One tip though use a DVI to HDMI cable for the PC if your using it with a PC and dont use the RGB PC Input, the HDMI input quality is far superior.

WD 1TB SATAII 64MB Cache 3.5-inch Internal Hard Drive OEM-  Caviar Green
WD 1TB SATAII 64MB Cache 3.5-inch Internal Hard Drive OEM- Caviar Green
Price: 47.57

2.0 out of 5 stars Great space at minimal cost, 6 Nov 2010
I found this drive to be perfect for additional space but a real hassle to get windows to install as a boot drive. After a 5 hour format as recommended by the manufacturer i was still unable to get it to boot windows. I was not to worried as it was bought for space and works fine as a data storage device.

ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler
ARTIC Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 CPU Cooler
Offered by NORDPC
Price: 16.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Arctic Cooler does the Job at the right price, 6 Nov 2010
I Bought this for overclocking a E7200 Intel chip and curing a long term heat issue with my PC.

My stock Intel fan allowed my CPU to run up to 70 degrees on full load without overclocking and no matter what I did I could not reduce this temperature even after cleaning the CPU and fan heatsink then re-applying thermal paste.

The fan arrived promptly and was packaged well, I was suprised at how big this unit appeared and it already came fitted with a thermal pad, I was going to use Arctic Silver but thought let's try that and see how things go. The Assembly was very easy to fit and I was quite suprised to see the temperatures on CPU as low as 32 degrees on idle and maxed out at 42 degrees on full load.

I then overclocked the CPU from 2.53ghz to 3.1 ghz and the max temps only got up to 60 degrees on full load tests.

I am really pleased with the results and this is a real bargain at the price my PC now runs cool even with overclocking the CPU.

Update may 2013 : Replaced the PC since this review but its still in the family so to speak and is still performing perfectly after 2 and a half years.