Profile for thefilmfan > Reviews

Content by thefilmfan

thefilmfan "thefilmfan" (Witham, Essex)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Super Legend 1280P HD 2.5 inch LCD Night Vision CCTV In Car DVR Accident Video Proof Video Recorder
Offered by SZDINGYU

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but has a few wobbly moments...., 6 Mar. 2014
This is very cheap dash cam. It records decent quality pictures but as others have said, it doesn't really show index plates very clearly. I don't bother using this when it is dark as you can only see a glow where your headlights light up and nothing else. The sound quality is okay.

I have had this a few months now and a couple of times I tried to turn it on and thought it had packed up. It was strangely working again when I took the battery out and put it back in. Very odd.

It isn't the easiest thing to navigate through using the menu and I figured out how to use it just by playing with it. The instructions aren't worth toffee. It won't connect to a tv and play despite having a cable supplied which purports to do so but I wasn't buying it to do this so no great loss.

Can be slightly "jumpy" like a pirate DVD is on playback but otherwise it's a tidy little camera for the price.

Fisual 2m Zip Up Cable Tidy - White
Fisual 2m Zip Up Cable Tidy - White
Offered by AudioVisual Online

2.0 out of 5 stars More cable untidy....., 6 Mar. 2014
Bought this as it seemed the neatest way to tidy my cables.

I returned it within an hour as it is too bulky and made my cables look untidier, despite being hidden. Not for me.

Personalised Wheelie Bin House Number or Name and Street, Terrace etc size 7.5x5.5" printed in white, this is a text only transfer shown on black for illustration purposes. PLEASE EMAIL us after you have purchased via amazon message system with your address choice thank you. your first line of postal address will be sent as standard for all orders unless otherwise advised in email
Offered by CiarasCoolGraphics

Wheelie Bin 240L - Standard Household Council Bin (Grey colour)
Wheelie Bin 240L - Standard Household Council Bin (Grey colour)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the cheapest quality wheelie bin!, 6 Mar. 2014
I bought this as my local council don't provide wheelie bins. I wanted somewhere to stow my bin bags prior to the foxes ripping them to shreds on bin day and this was by far the cheapest bin I found anywhere on the internet.

Having lived in areas that provide wheelie bins for rubbish collection I can't see any difference in the hard wearing standard and quality of this bin.

Velbon DF-61 Heavy Duty Aluminium Photo/Video Tripod
Velbon DF-61 Heavy Duty Aluminium Photo/Video Tripod

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, well made and cheap!, 6 Mar. 2014
This is an entry level tripod I bought so that I could go on a photography course after buying a new DSLR camera. The course stated I needed a tripod or could hire one for £10, so I decided to buy one as was more economic.

I read the reviews previous to buying this and would say that this is ideal for my usage, which is occasional and amateurish. If you fancy yourself as more of a pro then you might want to go for something a bit more expensive.

Pack of 2 Wall Mountable Space Saving Cycle Bike Storage Hooks
Pack of 2 Wall Mountable Space Saving Cycle Bike Storage Hooks
Offered by Trendi

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent storage solution, 6 Mar. 2014
Bought these for keeping my bikes tidy in the garage. Cheap option and perform as expected. Bit awkward with mountain bike tyres as you have to put he bike on at an angle.

No offence ladies, but unless you are strong and tall or have a super light alloy bike I would avoid these ones. My wife has to leave her bike for me to put away as she can't lift it up high enough to stow it away.

Mens Evening / Uniform / Oxford shoes Black Patent size 8
Mens Evening / Uniform / Oxford shoes Black Patent size 8
Offered by My Perfect Pair Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shiny shoes., 6 Mar. 2014
Needed these shoes last minute, much like everyone else who bought before me. They didn't disappoint and were comfortable, well fitted and delivered promptly.

Please note: As all the other reviewers have said these do stink when first out of the box. To offset this I took the advice of a previous reviewer and stuck them in the garage overnight to lessen the stench. Probably best if you leave them in the garage for a few days as I was conscious of the smell when at my event, although nobody else seemed to notice or comment other than say how smart and shiny my shoes were!

Konig Professional Dummy Outdoor Camera Flashing LED - Metalic Brown
Konig Professional Dummy Outdoor Camera Flashing LED - Metalic Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks the part., 13 Feb. 2014
Cheap and more importantly very believable. I installed above my garage and looking out towards back gate. For an extra touch of realism I installed a cheap junction box next to it which I ran the 'wire' into. Gives it that extra touch of authenticity. The junction box was bought at B&Q for 78p.

Inglourious Basterds [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Inglourious Basterds [Blu-ray] [2009] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Dialogue, 25 Jan. 2014
I like this side of Tarantino. Long dialogues, well acted. Clearly historically inaccurate but it's a film not a documentary. I was engrossed in this film and didn't realise how long it was. Best viewed in BluRay.

EDU Science G2807 Swivel Globe 28cm
EDU Science G2807 Swivel Globe 28cm
Offered by net_price_direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Globe, 25 Jan. 2014
Bought this for my wife. She loves it. Her knowledge of the world has increased ten fold and often puts mine to shame now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4