Profile for Linus Consularis > Reviews

Content by Linus Consularis

Linus Consularis "Linus" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Pharmavits 500mg Pure Garcinia Cambogia Organic Food Supplements - Pack of 60 Capsules
Offered by PremiumBrands-4-Less

1.0 out of 5 stars Overdose of Caffiene, 9 July 2014
I bought this thinking I was getting pure Garcinia Cambogia. The dosage is 2 capsules at breakfast and another 2 at lunch. What you don't see from the front of the product is each capsule contains 192mg caffeine! That's 768mg per day which is way in excess of maximum levels that a healthy adult should consume over 24 hours. If you have caffeinated drinks or products also during the day this amounts to ridiculous levels of caffeine. I experienced a caffeine overdose after just one day taking this and dumped the lot that I had bought. I am so angry this can be sold like this and at an elevated price for the pleasure! My advice is avoid this product. Quite frankly when I researched Garcinia Cambogia there is very limited evidence to support claims of weight loss in humans. Save your money PLEASE!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars What Sound Scientific Evidence for this Product?, 3 Jan 2014
Companies that market these products claim they turn back your body's biological clock, reducing fat, building muscle, restoring hair growth and colour, strengthening the immune system, regulating blood sugar, increasing energy and improving sex life, sleep quality, vision, and memory etc. However, the there is no reliable sound scientific evidence to support these claims that these products have the same effects as prescription HGH, which is always given by injection. Prescription HGH is also done under strict Medical supervision. These products taken orally are digested by the stomach before they can be absorbed into the body. These products are not FDA or MHRA approved. I would be keen to read peer reviewed papers first from robust data published in quality Scientific Journals. If you buy this product and believe it works then you do so on the basis of a lack of scientific knowledge or understanding of what you are purchasing.

St Christopher Design Chunky Circular Keyring
St Christopher Design Chunky Circular Keyring
Offered by 1StopShops

1.0 out of 5 stars Misleading Advertising, 23 Dec 2013
This keying is NOT the same as the picture. The medal is described in small print as being an etched design which bares no resemblance to the picture advertised at all. This is very misleading and whilst I did read all the product details it not entirely clear that you will receive a different keying to that advertised. It is natural to believe the picture is the product you will receive. In this case it is not so think twice before making this purchase. I complained to the company who suggested I had not read the all the product details.

Raymond Blanc by Anolon Rolling Pin - Acacia Wood
Raymond Blanc by Anolon Rolling Pin - Acacia Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Large Rolling Pin, 22 Dec 2013
This rolling pin is quite long at 51cm (23.5") handle to handle. The actual rolling area is 35cm (13.5"). Light weight for the size of it at 750g (1Ib 10oz) is easy to handle and move around when working but enough weight to assist with rolling. I use it for pastry which makes rolling very easy and will roll out a standard 20cm (8") pie pastry base and lid in few movements. It’s great with icing fondant for cakes. I rolled a 71cm (28") circle to cover a large tier on a Wedding cake using about 1.5Kg (3.3Ib) of fondant which can be hard to roll out. It’s very good for rolling out sweet dough’s for Belgian and Chelsea buns too. Made from Acacia wood it is very hard wearing with the entire pin being cut from 3 pieces of wood forged together and completely seamless. It is not dishwasher safe so hand washing only. Easy to clean and dry and washes well again and again. I am very happy with this product and use it daily for multiple jobs. I hope this is useful to you and if you decide to buy one you find you have made a good choice for years to come.

Seven Last Words
Seven Last Words
by Timothy Radcliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and Inspiring, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Seven Last Words (Paperback)
This book is based on the last seven words of Jesus on the cross and sets these words against real life historical events. There are some very moving stories and it most very thought provoking. For the money one we spend week by week if we just take a small amount of this and buy this book I think you will find it worth it. Read the story about the boy in the Nazi concentration camp. Shockingly sad but set against Christ’s words gives hope even in the darkest moments of our humanity.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Over priced for what it is, 22 Dec 2013
Small snowman and tiny snow dog made out of resin. I paid £14.98. Not worth the money at all! The set is tiny and this price is over the top. I realised when it arrived and I sat and looked at it and thought "I work hard for my money and this is a mass produced in China product with a huge profit mark up! AVOID IT and save your money!

King Arthur Flour, Unbleached Cake Flour Blend, 2 lbs (907 g)
King Arthur Flour, Unbleached Cake Flour Blend, 2 lbs (907 g)

1.0 out of 5 stars Think before buying, 31 Aug 2013
I bought this product even though it was much more expensive than plain flour sold in the high-street because I thought it would produce a better cake. I made one 14" cake but found no difference from standard plain flour. Cake flour as I understand means low protein flour and I thought this flour would be better but its main claim is that's its unbleached flour. Most flours are bleached but so what? If you want a good bake it's the quality of the flour and protein content that matters? I will use my usual quality supermarket flour in future and save money. All the best to you with what you choose.

Bake-Even Cake Strips 4/Pkg-1-1/2"X36", 43", 56"
Bake-Even Cake Strips 4/Pkg-1-1/2"X36", 43", 56"
Offered by Dream Cake Crafts

5.0 out of 5 stars The answer to an even bake, 31 Aug 2013
I bake cakes almost daily for special occasions and really need good quality cakes reliably every time. In order to decorate the cake I have to slice the top of each cake to make them flat if they have risen too much in the middle. This is wasteful of cake and I can end up with 1.5" of cake around the edge and 2.5" in the middle! The main factor for this is the cake bakes faster around the edge of the tin than in the middle so more rising occurs in the middle before the entire cake is cooked. I bought these cake bands to use for baking a 14" 10" and 6" sponge cakes for a sponge Wedding cake. I have used them now over 30 times for various round cakes mainly 8, 9 and 10" x 2" deep. To use, soak the bands in cold tap water prior to use which takes a few minutes to do or better still soak them in a bowl of water while preparing the cake batter. Gently squeeze excess water from them and wrap right around the tin and use the pin provided to hold the band in place. Cakes rise evenly without a "dome" in the middle in most cases. I have found chocolate cake recipes will raise more in the middle even with these bands but the rise is reduced. The disadvantages I found are that the pin to hold the bands in place is effective but can easily be lost! Any alternative pin could be used however. The bands are showing wear so as I can see they are not designed to last forever. I am happy with the product and will pay for another set when one day these wear out. I have not tried these bands on a square cake tin. I have used them with fruit cakes and this was as successful as using paper around the tin. Hope this helps you decide.

Tusk Top Fly Trap, Red
Tusk Top Fly Trap, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Worlds Best Fly Trap and Fly Killer, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Tusk Top Fly Trap, Red (Misc.)
I live in a flat with wheelie bins for waste outside and not far from my kitchen window. The organic waste bin attracts lots of flies so I bought this fly killer and hung it near the bin. After about 4 days it started filling with flies and then a week later was packed!!! It's totally amazing and worked and I don't get a fly problem now in my flat when my window is open. Easy to dispose of too after and I could not smell anything like other reviewers. I will be buying another for sure!

Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix 517 g (Pack of 4)
Duncan Hines French Vanilla Cake Mix 517 g (Pack of 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars One month shelf life from purchase, 3 July 2013
This product only has a one month shelf life from purchase. I bought 4 boxes and 6 boxes of Duncan Hines Lemon cake mix. Outrageous and cheating! This should not be allowed and I suggest you keep clear of this product and the seller! No way can I use these before the expiry date and these cake mixes cost a lot of money! Very unhappy and will never order again. Shame on Amazon and the seller!

Page: 1 | 2