Profile for Amazongirl > Reviews

Autism: The Sacrifice of a Mother
by Freda McEwen
Price: 13.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring Story of Love, Strength and Survival, 1 Aug 2014
Autism:The sacrifice of a Mother is a refreshing and honest account of the experiences of a parent looking after an autistic child. The writer traces her and her family's challenges and triumphs from the birth of her son to the young man that he is now. She looks at the issue of autism and the challenges she faced in accessing services within the UK care system. The reader also gets an insight into issues facing a single parent of a child with special needs and later, that of a disabled young Black man. The writer's personal perspective provides a unique insight while not skimming over the facts and realities of caring for an autistic child. For me, the crunch came when I read the single chapter from the younger sister of the Autistic man. I could no longer hold in my emotions and had to let go. My only criticism would be the structure of the book. It could perhaps be tighter. But there is something really compelling about this book. I could not put it down until I'd finished reading it. Want to read something inspiring that also puts life into perspective...something most of us take for granted every day? Pick up this book.

Gourmet Gadgetry Pop Corn Maker, Fuchsia Pink
Gourmet Gadgetry Pop Corn Maker, Fuchsia Pink
Offered by iTALKonline-UK
Price: 14.95

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good, functional and easy to clean., 15 Nov 2013
I've had this for a few months now. It's effective and gets the job done in about two minutes. Much of the popped corn goes where it should while a few may scatter away due to the popping effect. You can use a tea towel to shield the bowl to prevent this. Some 'unpopped' corn gets in the popcorn bowl but I understand that all popcorn makers do this. The complimentary bag of corn sent along with the popcorn maker was a lovely surprise. I'm still popping the corn several months on and haven't needed to buy any of my own yet.

Lily Of The Desert Organic Aloe Vera Gel 946 ml
Lily Of The Desert Organic Aloe Vera Gel 946 ml
Offered by High Street
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't get enough of this, 15 Nov 2013
I'm a life long drinker of aloe Vera. 'Lily of the Desert' is simply the best Aloe Vera brand you can find. Taste, price and quality, there is no other match on the market. Juice or gel, the choice is yours.

Andrew James Magnetic Multipurpose Clips / Memo Clips
Andrew James Magnetic Multipurpose Clips / Memo Clips
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective and well made, 15 Nov 2013
Have been using them for about two months now. The magnet works well. I've used a single clip to hold up to five A4 papers at a time. Lovely colours too. I think they would last a long time.

Miniamo Brights 8-Piece Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
Miniamo Brights 8-Piece Measuring Cup and Spoon Set
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality., 15 Nov 2013
Great quality. Exactly as pictured. Been using them for three months and not a scratch on them. Evidence of the quality.

2 x Flower Print Mist Sprayer Cosmetic Water Plastic Container 50ML
2 x Flower Print Mist Sprayer Cosmetic Water Plastic Container 50ML
Offered by TOPCITY
Price: 1.18

3.0 out of 5 stars okay, 15 Nov 2013
They're okay. Would have preferred them a bit bigger. Took ages to arrive. If looking for something small it's fine. Good thing is both spray bottles could easily fit into a small ladies' bag

Kipling Womens Shopper Combo N Shoulder Bag Blossom C K12274
Kipling Womens Shopper Combo N Shoulder Bag Blossom C K12274

4.0 out of 5 stars Carries the equivalent of full bags of shopping over one shoulder. Great quality and design., 15 Nov 2013
"Really nice. Took it out today. Carried the equivalent of two bags of shopping as I had to return some items to the shops. It would not have been easy for me to carry those shopping bags on their own as I walked around all day long. Kipling bag made a better and lighter job of it! I'm now a Kipling fan. Can't wait to get more Kipling bags."

Nine East
Nine East
by Uche Nduka
Price: 8.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Loving It, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Nine East (Paperback)
I love Uche Nduka's collection. It has an organic yet mysterious feel to it. It's accessible and also very deep in layers. The poems will intrigue, amuse and inspire you. I read 50 of the hundred poems the same day it arrived in the post and wanted to read some more. I particularly love the sensuality as well as the metaphysical tone to Mr Nduka's poems. Looking forward to finishing my first read and I will then go over my favourite ones of which there are many to choose from. I wish they had titles but they only have numbers, which I believe is a statement in itself.

Sistema Twister Bottle, 330ml, Lime Green
Sistema Twister Bottle, 330ml, Lime Green
Offered by Colanders
Price: 2.47

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Nov 2013
It's light, practical, easy to use, clean, never smells and never spills. We've tried a number of bottles including some well known brand names. This is the best so far. My daughter's only gripe is that it is somewhat plain in design. Perhaps Sistema could improve on this. Brilliant brand nonetheless.

Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag, Beige Snake Print
Kipling Women's Alvar Shoulder Bag, Beige Snake Print
Price: 48.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Roomy, yet stylish and practical., 15 Nov 2013
Arrived promptly. Exactly as pictured. Has several compartments enough for a couple of medium sized books, an ipad and a phone. It is quite roomy for its size which I love. Looking forward to rocking it on my travels. Kipling bags have an exceptional quality to them as well as practicability and this is no exception.

Page: 1 | 2