Profile for Laney > Reviews

Dressing Table Solid Pine 4 Drawers Sol Bedroom Furniture
Dressing Table Solid Pine 4 Drawers Sol Bedroom Furniture
Offered by Home Discount Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and attractive, 30 Oct. 2013
Solid and well finished this desk/dressing table was easy to put together and looks great. Very good value for money.

1kg Assorted Baklawa Baklava Home Made Recipe Freshly Baked and Shipped UK
1kg Assorted Baklawa Baklava Home Made Recipe Freshly Baked and Shipped UK
Offered by Chateau de Mediterranean

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful quality and flavour, but slightly let down by presentation, 21 May 2013
I bought these after buying some delicious baklava from Zalatino brothers in Jordan which came in a tin and looked like a piece of art work. These ones taste fantastic, but I was rather disappointed with the presentation. They were packaged in a rather flimsy box and looked a little worse for wear when they arrived, which was a shame as I was hoping to buy more as gifts. They are obviously made with quality ingredients. I would have preferred the individual pieces to be smaller as they are so rich and dense.

Tuscany Silver 8mm Ball Stud Earrings
Tuscany Silver 8mm Ball Stud Earrings

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little stud earrings, 21 May 2013
I am happy with these silver earrings. I like the size and weight as they are large enough to be seen, but not so big to distort the earlobe. I had no problems with any reaction after wearing them continuously for several days. They were well packaged and are good value.

Yells Smells And Marrakech: An assault on the senses
Yells Smells And Marrakech: An assault on the senses
by Paul Rabett

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish - avoid it, 6 Dec. 2012
How this book ever got into print is a complete mystery to me. I only bought it and finished reading it because we were discussing it at our bookclub before a trip to Marrakesh. Paul Rabett sounds like a toilet obsessed idiot to me. It is mind numbingly boring, consistently negative and badly written. A complete waste of time and money - I binned it.

Sekonda Women's Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and Gold Bangle 4004G.49

4.0 out of 5 stars This watch has been much admired!, 6 Dec. 2012
This is a really pretty watch and comfortable to wear all day. I suppose the heart shaped face could be a bit twee and tacky, but I love it. It was very good value. I could have done without the matching necklace - it looks and feels very cheap and went straight into the charity bag.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy
by J. K. Rowling

4.0 out of 5 stars not disappointed, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Casual Vacancy (Hardcover)
A good compelling read. Interesting to see how JK adapted her style when writing for adults. Not as original and exciting as the great Harry Potter books, but that's a hard act to follow!

Tagines & Couscous
Tagines & Couscous
by Ghillie Basan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of authentic recipes, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Tagines & Couscous (Hardcover)
I bought this book after a trip to Marrakesh and after seeing a friend's copy. I liked a lot of the tagine and vegetable recipes, and thought the section on making your own preserved lemons, chermoula, harrisa paste and ras-el-hanout particularly useful.

Morphy Richards 75180 Fleece Washable Electric Blanket - Double
Morphy Richards 75180 Fleece Washable Electric Blanket - Double

3.0 out of 5 stars skimpy sized and fiddly to fit, 6 Dec. 2012
This has ended up on the spare bed as it wouldn't fit on my main bed as it sits inside a frame and there was nowhere for the very sturdy and rather short lead and control to go. I have seen much better designs elsewhere since I bought this one.

Snugpak Luxury Wash Bag in Black, Toiletry Bag
Snugpak Luxury Wash Bag in Black, Toiletry Bag
Offered by Dales Distribution Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sized lightweight washbag, 6 Dec. 2012
This washbag is well designed with good sized compartments to store all the travel essentials. However, I think it is probably misleading to describe it as a 'luxury item' as there are no features or materials which, in my opinion, would warrant this description. It is lightweight and functional, but the mirror is very poor quality. I can't imagine what you could use it for!