Profile for Manples > Reviews

Content by Manples

Manples (London, England)

Adobe Photoshop CS3 for Photographers: A Professional Image Editor's Guide to the Creative use of Photoshop for the Macintosh and PC
by Martin Evening

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily the best, and not only for professional Editors, 10 July 2008
I am finding this CS3 guide extremely helpful. I'm not a professional photographer, but working with graphics from camera to finished publications in the charity sector made a clear and concise guide to CS3 essential when I upgraded. I won't need all of the chapters but those which do relate my needs provide expert advice with a clarity and precision that is often lacking in user guides of this kind. The DVD which comes with the book is an absolute bonus and really accelerates the learning process. The photo samples provided support the explanations of new CS3 features admirably and many of the images are simply stunning. I also like the author's detached frankness when explaining occasional CS3 features which disappoint. I am similarly reassured by the same, detached comments when the writer draws attention to competing products.
An excellent guide. I just wish I'd purchased it from Amazon on line and saved myself ten quid!