Profile for LooLoo > Reviews

Content by LooLoo

LooLoo (Brixham Devon)

Bloodlines: The Golden Lily (book 2)
Bloodlines: The Golden Lily (book 2)
by Richelle Mead
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars the golden lily, 2 May 2013
Not as good as Vampire Academy but its ok. I was looking forward to reading it as thought it would be as good as her others but was a bit disappointed will give the next one a go to see if it gets any better.

Julie Hasler's Fantasy Cross Stitch
Julie Hasler's Fantasy Cross Stitch
by Julie S. Hasler

2.0 out of 5 stars Fantasy cross stitch, 2 May 2013
Thought it would be a lot better than it was. Some designs are ok but a lot of them are not that inspiring.

The Drowning Pool
The Drowning Pool
by Syd Moore
Price: 5.24

3.0 out of 5 stars The drowning pool, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Drowning Pool (Paperback)
Well I was really looking forward to reading this book as it seemed like my type of story. It was a good story line but was quite difficult to read I found. It was confusing at times. In all it is worth reading but don't think just because it is shorter than a lot of books it will be quick to read because that's not true it took me longer than a thick book.

Splendour Falls, The
Splendour Falls, The
by Susanna Kearsley
Price: 5.59

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Splendour Falls, The (Paperback)
I was really excited about reading this book because I have read Shadowy horses and Mariana and loved them. This book was actually very disappointing. It seemed rushed in places with too much going on all the time. Its a good story line and could have been better really. It was mostly easy reading with very confusing parts at times to the point where you have to re-read the page again. Also I was thinking there would be more history involved like the other 2 books but it was hardly there which was a shame. The ending was very rushed I found. I wont let this book put me off though as I hope the next one I read from here will be as good as the other 2.

Touch of Power (Avry of Kazan - Book 1) (An Avry of Kazan Novel)
Touch of Power (Avry of Kazan - Book 1) (An Avry of Kazan Novel)
by Maria V. Snyder
Price: 12.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Touch of power, 10 Mar 2012
BRILLIANT!!!! I really enjoy all the books I have read from this author and have a hard time trying to find books which are as good as hers. I never enjoyed fantasy before but when i read the potion study series I was hooked. Cant wait to read any more of her books when they come out.

Fire Study (The Chronicles of Ixia)
Fire Study (The Chronicles of Ixia)
by Maria V. Snyder
Price: 6.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire study, 13 Jan 2012
I enjoyed reading all of the series and was really sad to see it end :( was never into fantasy books but Maria V Snyder's series has made me hunt out some more fantasy books but cannot find any that compare to hers. I love the journey that yelena has made through the series and all the charracters are lovable and interesting. Hope Maria brings out more series like the others because I will be one of her biggest fans.

Haunted Love (Free short story)
Haunted Love (Free short story)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars My first free book I enjoyed, 13 Jan 2012
This story was good. I was actually gutted when it finished which makes a change. It was easy to read and was thrilling and kept you reading. Brilliant !!! Vampires and ghosts in the same story that actually works

Holiday Hostage
Holiday Hostage
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Well what can I say?, 10 Jan 2012
This review is from: Holiday Hostage (Kindle Edition)
It was bad very bad. I know it was free but seriously?? I could do better and that is saying something. The first couple of lines were ok but after that it went down hill. It was rushed, no thought put into it and well just bad really. I am new to kindle so thought I would give a free book a go as someone said they are pretty decent but wont be getting any more books from this author again.

Dead Simple (Roy Grace 1)
Dead Simple (Roy Grace 1)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Simple, 28 Dec 2011
I thought it was brilliant. I got hooked early on and couldn't put it down. Lots of things go on in the story that changes when you least expect it.