Profile for Mr. T. L. Vickers > Reviews

Content by Mr. T. L. Vickers

Mr. T. L. Vickers "icelandicwarrior" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting insight into slavery but not a compelling narrative, 24 April 2014
The topic of the book is interesting and I persisted to the end if only in respect of Solomon himself
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 23, 2014 2:39 PM BST

The Geneva Trap: A Liz Carlyle novel (Liz Carlyle Novels Book 7)
The Geneva Trap: A Liz Carlyle novel (Liz Carlyle Novels Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars always a great read, 24 Nov. 2013
Stella never fails to write a gripping and entertaining story with references to current affairs sewn in to help make it feel more real.

Breaking The Chain
Breaking The Chain

2.0 out of 5 stars Cannot help feeling this was written by a misandrist, 13 Oct. 2013
Light in content and rather slow paced for my taste.
All the men are presented as flawed and the women suffering as a result. I'd have preferred a little less bias.

The Apothecary's Daughter
The Apothecary's Daughter

3.0 out of 5 stars Limited plot, 29 Sept. 2013
A nice read but a limited plot. I enjoyed the fact it was based at the time of the plague and the fire of London

Norton Internet Security 2010 - 1 User 3 Computers (PC CD)
Norton Internet Security 2010 - 1 User 3 Computers (PC CD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 26 Mar. 2013
Have stuck with this product for some time now (upgraded over about 5 years)
Not the cheapest on the market but overall it does a good job and is easy to install and use.
A lot more control than I know what to do with so I am sure the more IT literate will understand why the more expensive price tag than some other well know brands
Great that it covers the 3 PC's in our household so maybe the price is not too bad.

Age of Empires III - Complete Collection (PC CD)
Age of Empires III - Complete Collection (PC CD)
Offered by Ace Goods Co. Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Sorry - a step back in my view, 26 Mar. 2013
3D graphics maybe but from my perspective it detracts form the gameplay rather than enhances it.
Wish I had kept my money

Oxford GCSE Maths for OCR Higher Student Book
Oxford GCSE Maths for OCR Higher Student Book
by Jayne Kranat

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic aid to revision, 26 Mar. 2013
I love the format and graduated questions in this book.
It is well organised and clear
Good examples in each section. Some of the Rich Tasks are rather more challenging than your average GCSE student would appreciate but this is a minor point.
I think you would struggle to work only from this book - the sections start with some good examples but if you are totally new to a topic you might need some further examples and guidance but it's certainly good enough to refresh your mind and perhaps jog your memory on each topic.
The questions in each section build from basic practice on the method (D thru C level) to more challenging ones that are B thru A and A* level.
This is what prevented me giving a full 5 stars....I have found a number of mistakes in this revision of the book. Both in some questions and some answers (and yes I checked with some good Math teachers). So far I have found about 10 in the entire book so, given it's size it's not many at all and I'll be dropping the publishers a note so perhaps a later revision will be corrected.
Despite this irritation I thoroughly recommend this book

'Poppies' by Jane Weir - A Critical Analysis
'Poppies' by Jane Weir - A Critical Analysis

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not help me at all, 26 Mar. 2013
Good as far as it goes but short and not that helpful to me. Could have got all of it from free reviews on the internet.

Wuthering Heights
Wuthering Heights

2.0 out of 5 stars Not my kind of thing I guess, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Wuthering Heights (Kindle Edition)
Got this as it's a well known and classic book
Struggling through it. Mainly due to the older style language.
Have not finished it - hoping the story line picks up a bit
I am no literary critic and would be the 1st to admit to not appreciating the finer points of classic literature so take my review with a large pinch of salt.

16" Extra Deep, 300 Thread Count, King Size White Pure Egyptian Cotton Fitted Sheet, Bedding. **Carefully Woven From Long Fine Staples Of Cotton Yarn*
Offered by The Linen Depot

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic - no hesitation to recommend, 26 Mar. 2013
Was dubious about what these might be like based on the lower price and less attractive pack but I am so delighted with them.
Plenty deep enough for our very deep mattress (40cm)
Very comfortable to sleep on
Have washed them 3 times now and no degradation in look and feel and no shrinkage
Quick to dry and easy to iron
Would recommend to anyone