Profile for S. smith > Reviews

Creating A Portrait In Pastel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gwenneth Barth
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars creating a portrait in pastel, 2 Oct 2008
Very detailed portrait study by a brilliant artist. There are many useful tips which have enhanced my own pastel portraits.
One of the most helful features of the DVD is that the whole portrait focuses on the subject and the methods/technique's for creating the likeness, . Too many other artists "How too" DVD's spend much of the time annoyingly focusing much attention on the artists face and surroundings, then jumping back to the painting, which has suddenly moved forward in leaps and bounds, with the viewer having little idea of how they got there.!!!!!!!!

Wind Spinner - Bell Rings Windchime
Wind Spinner - Bell Rings Windchime

5.0 out of 5 stars wind spinner, 2 Oct 2008
Lovely good quality garden ornament. My husband brought me this for our copper wedding anniversary, it is so relaxing watching the spirals spinning gently in the wind, and it holds well in all weathers.

Mastering Composition: Techniques and Principles to Dramatically Improve Your Painting (Mastering (North Light Books))
by Ian Roberts
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars mastering composition, 2 Oct 2008
This is such a good book, really insightful in a simple informative way.
I have taught art and found this book and the accompanying DVD invaluable for myself and my students.

Doctor Who - Forever Autumn (New Series Adventure 16)
Doctor Who - Forever Autumn (New Series Adventure 16)
by Mark Morris
Price: 6.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Doctor Who-Forever Autumn, 25 April 2008
Good plot, excellent prose, funny and scarey. I have read most of the Docter Who books and this is one of the best for portraying the Doctor an Martha as they are on TV. The Doctor is jokey & genuinely funny, at the same time thoughtful & eccentric as ever. Martha is nice & sincere. This book is definately One of our favourites.Mark Morris is one of the best Doctor Who writers to date.

Doctor Who: Sick Building
Doctor Who: Sick Building
by Paul Magrs
Price: 6.24

5.0 out of 5 stars doctor who-sick building, 27 Jan 2008
A thoughtful funny story for older children and adults as well.The Doctor is portrayed well as the funny, eccentric genius and all of the characters are interesting too. It is well written, very entertaining and full of good humor.

Doctor Who -  The Pirate Loop (New Series Adventure 20)
Doctor Who - The Pirate Loop (New Series Adventure 20)
by Simon Guerrier
Price: 6.42

5.0 out of 5 stars the pirate loop, 27 Jan 2008
This is probably the funniest Doctor Who that I have read to date (and I have read most of them). Admittedly it is cheesy and corny in places but it all ties in with the humor which is rhythmic thoughout.

The Greatest Gift: The Story of the Other Wise Man
The Greatest Gift: The Story of the Other Wise Man
by Susan Summers

5.0 out of 5 stars the greatest gift, the story of the other wise wise man, 18 Jan 2008
A really lovely story, beautifully illustrated with lots of colour. Wonderful moral in this tale which is great for children and even adults too. Very touching, left us all thinking, well written.

The Tao of Pooh & The Te of Piglet (Wisdom of Pooh)
The Tao of Pooh & The Te of Piglet (Wisdom of Pooh)
by Benjamin Hoff
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars the tao of pooh and te of piglet, 18 Jan 2008
This book is great, if you love fables, parables, good humour, little known truths about the state of our planet and us then you will love this. It is so unique and funny, a little sad in places, amazing teachings, a real philosophers gem. There is something in this book for everyone as most of my family and friends of various age, gender and walk of life have a copy. Highly recommended for the enlightened, unenlightened and soon to be enlightened. What more can I say.

TOMY Pop-Up Pirate
TOMY Pop-Up Pirate
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars tomy pop up pirate, 18 Jan 2008
This review is from: TOMY Pop-Up Pirate (Toy)
This is so much fun, me and my 3 year old son love it. One of the best things about it is the fact that you dont need batteries. The suspense of the game it great and the pop up pirate makes us jump every time no matter how often we have played it. It is so easy to set up my son does it all and feels quite confident and important about that. Putting the swords in the barrel is good for a childs co ordination, counting them into equal groups of differnt colours for each player is also educational.
We love it and are glad we bought it anyway.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars cinnamon & orange christmas room spray, 18 Jan 2008
Love it, will definately be buying more for next christmas. This product lasts for ages, a little goes a long way. There is plenty left which I still use as it is so georgous.

Page: 1 | 2