Profile for Luke > Reviews

Pilot Parallel Pen 6.0mm
Pilot Parallel Pen 6.0mm
Offered by I Love Pens

4.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the review below, 26 Jun 2014
Mr Winter, if you think this pen is designed for drawing, you are grossly misinformed. This is a calligraphic pen, and thus has not been made with your needs in mind. As a calligraphy pen, it works pretty well. Decent quality paper is ideal but I've used some pretty rubbish paper and it's been fine.

Teaching Business Education 14-19
Teaching Business Education 14-19
by Martin Jephcote

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend., 31 May 2014
Informative and I would recommend it to all Business and Economics teachers. Some parts written more strongly than others. The earlier part of the book drags on about the history of business education a bit too much but once this is out of the way, it's a good resource.

The Lazy Teacher's Handbook: How your students learn more when you teach less (Independent Thinking Series)
by Jim Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Very easy to pick bits out of or read in a marathon session!, 31 May 2014
Not finished it yet and I love it already. I'm a PGCE student and I've been trying to make my teaching more learner-centric instead of me doing all the hoop jumping. This has given me some invaluable advice that I will definitely be moving forward with.

Tinxs Dog Training Clicker Obedience Trainer Cat Pet Click Agility
Tinxs Dog Training Clicker Obedience Trainer Cat Pet Click Agility
Offered by Global Fly

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much to say., 31 May 2014
Does what it's supposed to do. Seems to be built pretty solidly. It has a nice loud, prominent click to it too.

Crohn's Disease and Colitis: A Completely Healthy Guide to a Pain Free Life (Healthy Digestion, Digestive Disorders, Digestive Ailments, Crohns, Colitis)

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful and concise, but best suited to newly diagnosed patients, 31 May 2014
Nothing here that couldn't have been discovered with a quick Google or Wiki search. Still, it did summarise it all nicely. It would be a great primer to the disease if you're a new diagnosis. However, if colitis is old hat to you and you're used to scouring the web then you won't really learn anything.

Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 39 cm, Blue
Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 39 cm, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but the carbon filter is a waste, 31 May 2014
Cat took to it straight away. He's a dopey moron though so he's not picky about too many things. He had a sniff about once I'd put litter in but then he used it instantly. What I will say is that the carbon filter basically doesn't do much. Seems a bit gimmicky. The build quality is there - it's a very sturdy unit. However, I just really don't see (smell?) what the carbon filter is supposed to achieve. The unit is also a little taller than I would have liked so it's not the most convenient in terms of being able to place it. The old litterbox used to fit in a nice little gap beneath the counter in my utility room, but this box is just too tall to go in there. Shame. The reason I've given four stars is because of the filter. Had it only been the height, I would have given five. These things aren't major though. The fact that the tray is covered (carbon filter or not) is certainly better than an open litterbox so it's still an upgrade. It's also very sturdy and worth the money in that respect.

ORB Analogue Thumb Grips (PS3)
ORB Analogue Thumb Grips (PS3)
Offered by Shop4World

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 31 May 2014
These are really good. Took a while to get them fitted on properly because I'm such a fumbler. I've gone for using the dotty rubber grip for my movement/left analog stick and I decided to use the smooth concave grip for my aiming/right analog stick. It's a nice combo. I could have done it as 2 dotted ones or 2 concave ones since the pack comes with 2 of each but I thought I'd play around and I really like this combination.

ORB Controller Triggers (PS3)
ORB Controller Triggers (PS3)
Offered by Gameseek

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 31 May 2014
Not much to say. They do the job! Battlefield 4 and Splinter Cell are a nicer experience on the whole now.

PU Leather Paw Studded Cat Collar & Matching Colour Bell (Safety Elastic) (Red)
PU Leather Paw Studded Cat Collar & Matching Colour Bell (Safety Elastic) (Red)
Offered by RS Pet Boutique Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Great collar!, 31 May 2014
Solid build quality. Not enough holes for a small cat or kitten but it was easy enough to punch a new one in and I don't think that deserves to remove a star. Love the fact that it has the elasticated bit to reduce the risk of choking. Highly recommended.

Nrich Peanut 400 g (Pack of 12)
Nrich Peanut 400 g (Pack of 12)

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit like Marmite...love it or loathe it., 31 May 2014
I can see why people wouldn't like these. It's an acquired taste, I think. That being said, I personally think they're fantastic and felt I should post a review to bring the star rating up to a fairer level. I absolutely love the nutty flavour. It's not overwhelming like pure peanut butter or anything. The peanut taste is there as kind of a backup to the sweetness of the drink, if that makes sense? It complements it nicely, rather than overpowering it.

Page: 1 | 2