Profile for Luke > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Thermaltake Versa H24 USB 3 Tower Case with 12 cm Fan - Black
Thermaltake Versa H24 USB 3 Tower Case with 12 cm Fan - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent quality for the price range, 29 Dec. 2015
Still feels a bit cheap but I guess that's because it is. Nothing really to complain about here otherwise. It's a fairly no frills case.

Asus RT-N12E 300Mbps Wireless Broadband Router
Asus RT-N12E 300Mbps Wireless Broadband Router
Offered by Kikatek

2.0 out of 5 stars Earns 2 stars simply for its looks. Performance is not up to scratch., 29 Dec. 2015
Dreadful. I'm not expecting lightning fast speeds from a low-end router but this is ridiculous. Constant drop outs, excruciatingly slow for devices to even connect to it, poor DHCP management, pathetic antennae range and strength, randomly decides it doesn't feel like working sometimes and we're left to rely on mobile data for the night. I expect better from Asus. Easily the worst product of theirs I have ever purchased, despite being a loyal fan of their components. The fairly slow speeds I can deal with, but please do not buy this if you're expecting Asus' usual quality. You won't get it.

Like I said, 2 stars instead of 1 because it does look quite sleek.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2015 8:57 AM GMT

GIGABYTE INTEL LGA1150 H81 2*DDR3 2*USB3.0 6*USB2.0 GBE LAN DVI Micro-ATX MOTHERBOARD

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Socket 1150 mobo, 30 May 2015
Lots of features for such a cheap motherboard!! :)

CITY AND COLOUR Men's Hand Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, Small
CITY AND COLOUR Men's Hand Short Sleeve T-Shirt, Black, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 30 May 2015
Love it's. Fits great. Quick delivery!

Intel Pentium G3258 CPU (Dual Core 3.20GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)
Intel Pentium G3258 CPU (Dual Core 3.20GHz, Socket H3 LGA-1150)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not that good, 30 May 2015
You'll hear a lot of fanfare about this CPU, but honestly a lot of it is hype. That said, for the price it's decent. With emphasis on the phrase "for the price". Even though I'm an a intel man, I would rather have gone for AMD CPU at this price. Never mind, it still does the job. At least it's overclockable, which helps a little.

Guns, Germs And Steel: A Short History of Everbody for the Last 13000 Years
Guns, Germs And Steel: A Short History of Everbody for the Last 13000 Years

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating stuff, 28 May 2015
A really interesting and engaging read. VSauce recommended it to me and I'm glad they did.

Neet® - 2 Way HDMI SPLITTER BOX 1x2 Port (1 input 2 output) - Active Amplifier -1080p Full HD - Display HD on 2 TVs - ** 3D ENABLED ** - Free Shipping
Offered by Neet Cables

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase in a long time., 28 May 2015
Brilliant! I can now route a signal from my primary monitor on my dual screen setup at my desk to my TV which is mounted on the wall at the foot of the bed. If I don't feel like playing games at my desk, I can grab a controller, switch off the two desk monitors and play as if I were using a console whilst chilling on the bed. Can't argue with that.

One drawback (I won't deduct a star for this though) is that it needs to be externally powered for it to work. It would have been nice if this could have done by USB too as I hate using plug sockets if I can help it. Still, other than that, it's fantastic.

AmazonBasics Mouse Pad Black
AmazonBasics Mouse Pad Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Bearable, 28 May 2015
It's a mouse pad. Not much to say about it but I'll try. Okay, it glides fairly well but it does feel very cheap. I can't see this lasting very long. The edges look like they'll easily fray given a bit of time and even when we first took it out of the packaging, it's constantly been curled up at the front. It just doesn't feel very well put together. A shame, since most AmazonBasics products have really impressed me for the price, such as the rucksack and the Lightning cable for iPhone.

StarTech 3.5 inch Hard Drive to 5.25 inch Front Bay Bracket Adapter
StarTech 3.5 inch Hard Drive to 5.25 inch Front Bay Bracket Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 May 2015
Does what it says on the tin. What more can be said?

Asus -VGA Radeon R7250 1 GB Radeon R7 250 1GB GDDR5 128 Bit Graphics Card
Asus -VGA Radeon R7250 1 GB Radeon R7 250 1GB GDDR5 128 Bit Graphics Card

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 28 May 2015
Didn't get much chance to review this until the other day. I thought I would try it out for some light taking. Turns out it does a fairly decent job as long as the games aren't ridiculously demanding. Considering the price I paid for it, I can't complain!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5