Profile for J. Colquitt > Reviews

Content by J. Colquitt

J. Colquitt (Oxted, Surrey)

Elacs Screen Protectors for Sumsang Galaxy S3 / SIII - Matte / Anti-glare - Pack of 3

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, good price, 3 Sep 2012
In short: First cover came off when I took off the protective layer which was annoying, but second is now on and looking good. Brightness is slightly reduced, but the screen works better in direct sunlight and the feeling is quite nice once you get used to it. Highly recommend.

I upgraded to the S3 from an HTC Desire, which also have AMOLED's, so I knew that these screens tend to struggle in bright sunlight and went ahead and got these covers almost immediately after getting the phone. 3 quid for 3 matte covers is pretty reasonable in my opinion as I payed more for 1 cover for my Desire, so I was quite happy with the price.
Packaging was decent and you get a small cloth to help apply the cover. I'd also recommend you get a credit card, or if possible, something a little smaller, to help flatten it down as you put it on. Also if you haven't put them on before, perhaps consider buying a few really cheap covers to practice on. At least search YouTube for a tutorial video, because there's a nack to it that will help you avoid getting bubbles trapped. Personally I peel back a few inches of the cover and stick it on, then slowly peel back the rest, while using the card wrapped in the cloth to push it down, peeling it back again whenever a bubble appears.
The first cover I put on went on fine, but then when I went to peel off the top layer that protects the cover while in the packaging, the whole screen protector came off as well, so the cover was wasted unfortunately. Quite annoyed at that, but oh well. The second cover went on alright as well, although I did manage to get a bit of dust trapped, although this was my error. As I was peeling off the top layer I could see the screen cover being pulled up too, so watch out for that.
Covers fit quite nicely. Cut outs for the camera, 2 sensors at the top, and slots for the speaker grill at the top and the home button at the bottom. Could be a bit wider though. Only really covers the 'screen' part of the device; doesn't really go on to the sides which sort of seems odd because it looks like it would scratch just as easily.
Brightness and quality do appear very slightly reduced by the cover, but it certainly stops glare which is good. The matte feeling of it is also quite odd initially, but you quickly get used to it.
So they loose a star for 1st one coming off, and for the width and brightness reducing issues, but I'd certainly recommend these as really good, well priced covers none the less.

Kingston microSD Transflash 2GB SDC / 2GB
Kingston microSD Transflash 2GB SDC / 2GB

3.0 out of 5 stars Be careful where you get it from, 8 Mar 2009
I'm posting to warn you that many of the merchants for this item are selling fake cards!
I ordered mine from memorycapital and I got a fake 4GB card. It worked in my PC, but my laptop didn't pick it up, and I needed a 2GB for my phone which can't take any more.
I emailed them and they sent me a 2GB card this time. I'm not sure if its real or not, but the adaptor definitely wasn't a genuine Kingston one.
I haven't bothered sending it back because it works OK and I got it for a really cheap price anyway.
I did get a little out of it though. They asked me to send the 4GB back, but I haven't done it and so far they haven't emailed about it ;), so I've got 2 cards for the price of 1.
The higher the price, the more likely it is to be a real card is probably the best way to judge, or just get it direct from Amazon.

Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing [DVD]
Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Mcintyre
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest guy ever, 16 Feb 2009
Got this as a Christmas present after seeing him on 'Live at the Apollo' and loving every bit of it. He is definitely one of the worlds funniest people; everything he does is just so brilliantly hilarious, and this DVD is certainly no change from that. Some great ideas well executed, like the man-draw and the loft. We also particularly love the snort sneeze.
But you'll have to watch it to see these, definately worth every penny.
Can't wait to get tickets to his 2009 tour.

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (PSP)
Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (PSP)
Offered by simplesimon1966

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the right amount of 'game', 4 Dec 2007
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is an excellent game. Besides the good graphics and reasonable control system, the plot is clever, and the action comes in just the right amounts. I thoroughly recommend people to buy this, and am definitely getting the next one soon.