Profile for Neil A I > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Bordeaux Console Table with Lacquer Finish, Brown
Bordeaux Console Table with Lacquer Finish, Brown
Price: 145.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal size ... solid nice looking console table., 25 April 2014
Well pleased ! ... Easy assembly as well. Ideal for my use which was as a bedroom table for my Hifi and TV.

Trekmates Replacement Trekking Pole Rubber Tip Ferrule Accessory
Trekmates Replacement Trekking Pole Rubber Tip Ferrule Accessory
Offered by OutdoorGear Outdoor Experts
Price: 2.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last two weeks !, 25 April 2014
According to the product package esp. useful when walking on tarmac and pavements .... It had worn through to the tungsten tip within two weeks ! ... The original rubber ferrule of my Trekmate Wanderer pole lasted much much longer !

Pack of 2 Squirrel Proof Hanging Dome Bird Feeder
Pack of 2 Squirrel Proof Hanging Dome Bird Feeder
Offered by Etail Mail Order
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping bird food dry but ..., 27 Mar 2014
Don't have the problems of squirrels but purchased these to keep the bird food dry and they are ideal for this esp. when the dome height can be adjusted lower when windy to ensure rain is kept away from the food tray ... as well as keeping big birds like starlings away from the suet pellets which they love too much ! . However I knocked one accidentally off the feeder station and it split even though it fell onto grass ! ... so somewhat fragile !

Man On The Rocks
Man On The Rocks
Price: 12.61

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Mike's most satisfying albums .... I LOVE IT !, 11 Mar 2014
This review is from: Man On The Rocks (Audio CD)
For me it's one of Mike's most satisfying albums to listen to and provides great company on my daily walks/bike rides. I don't believe Mike intended it to have the big WOWs of his innovative instrumental masterpieces (that I prefer to his previous song-based albums) but what a wonderful contrast it is to those albums .... I LOVE IT ! . Mike's songcraft has improved and the variety displays Mike has a wonderful imagination esp. in the way the whole album hangs together. Great thought must have gone into this aspect of the production and composition. It does amaze me how all this music comes from just one man ! ... A very special man ! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER MIKE !

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality ... Cool looking keychain, 26 Jan 2014
Good for the price and seem good quality. Purchased to use as a keychain for keys, swiss army knife and Gerber Dime multitool. Maybe the paracord is a tad stiff and long for use just inside a pocket but is more designed to be used with one end attached to a belt. Nice colour options as well !. Would recommend for a variety of uses !

OP/TECH E-Z Comfort Strap for Camera/Binoculars - Nature
OP/TECH E-Z Comfort Strap for Camera/Binoculars - Nature
Price: 9.93

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect coloured strap for my Olympus 8x25 WPII compact binos but ..., 31 Dec 2013
Wanted to replace the rather flimsy strap that came with my recent purchase of an Olympus Green/black coloured compact binos. This strap was the perfect colour and is of better quality than the original. However, I couldn't find a green/camo couloured strap with the appropiate mini loops to fit my small binos so had to buy the OP/TEC mini QD loop connectors as well to use with this strap ! ... So beware the web loops at the end of this strap are too big for compact binos (and possibly compact cameras ?). So had to pay more than I wished but am happy with this strap.

Summit VTP-787 Tripod
Summit VTP-787 Tripod
Price: 17.13

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally unsuitable and poorish quality, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Summit VTP-787 Tripod (Accessory)
Returned these .... Cannot lock at intermediate heights and locking mechanism a bit iffy ! Wanted mainly a table tripod to use with my binos. Wrong purchase !

Olympus 8x25 WP II Binoculars - Forest Green
Olympus 8x25 WP II Binoculars - Forest Green
Price: 69.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Look nice and great image quality but ...., 29 Dec 2013
I like these compact binos both the green and black colour and the image is great. The strap supplied was a bit flimsy so replaced it.
Am satisfied with my purchase but if I had known at the time that the 10x25 version has a WIDER field of view I may have been tempted by those instead ! I just presumed the higher mag meant an inferior FOV which isn't the case with the Olympus WPII bino series.
I did regret not buying the Steiner Safari compact 10x26 (mainly for its looks as well as supposed superior quality) which were more expensive but cannot fault the image quality and looks of these binos.

Reading Glasses +1.50 Strength Mens Womens Unisex Wayfarer Style Black UV Reader UVR006 Inc Case
Offered by ROWALK HOLDINGS LIMITED
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit nicely ... Look great as well !, 29 Dec 2013
Love the look of these glasses and they fit nice. Obviously cheap as well. Being plastic you need to handle them carefully but had no issues so far.

Timberland Mens Chocorua Trail Mid GTX Trekking and Hiking Boots C15130 Brown/Green 13.5 UK, 49 EU
Price: 46.48

4.0 out of 5 stars They Fit ! .... Just ... Whew !!!, 29 Dec 2013
Having earlier this year taken up country walks for fitness (and subsequently birdwatching) I needed some walking boots/shoes. I'd always purchased size 13 in shoes before so naively thought size 13 is what I needed. Since no local high street stores stock above size 12 I had to purchase on-line which is not the best option !
This is my third pair of hiking boots/shoes already !!! .... The first pair of boots kept giving me blisters that I couldn't remedy even with wearing two layer walking socks that are supposed to prevent blisters. The second pair were hiking shoes but took me months to realise they were too small and uncomfortable (Being 6' 7'' tall you are forced to make compromises sometimes when you shouldn't !!) .... After wasting near 130 I took a chance on these boots in a size 13.5 and am happy to report thay are comfortable, lightweight and snug .... Perhaps a tad too snug with thick socks. Was tempted to return them for the next size up which were 14.5 but thought they would be too big. So stayed with the size 13.5.
Happy to report I've had no issues yet. Not sure how long they're last being lightweight but am relieved I've finally found hiking boots that fit and are comfortable !.... The tred is OK as well and have not yet slipped in muddy terain.And they look nice !

Page: 1 | 2