Profile for T. Kemp > Reviews

Tinker Bell & The Legend of the NeverBeast [DVD]
Tinker Bell & The Legend of the NeverBeast [DVD]
Dvd ~ Steve Loter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story - Fawn, not really Tink, 21 April 2015
I thought this was a terrific story. Of course, I am 61, so I wasn't scared.
I agree that the small children intended as the audience of such films would probably be pretty scared for most of the film.
Also, although I like Fawn, we didn't see much of Tink.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks good so far, 16 Mar. 2015
Looks good so far. My only criticism is that it has a US keyboard, not UK.
This was not made clear in the description, although I suppose I should have guessed.
Not that keen on changing my device to US settings, so this may prove to be inconvenient.

The Sims 4 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
The Sims 4 - Limited Edition (PC DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing - cut down and limited compared with previous versions, 9 Sept. 2014
Still waiting for it to arrive. I have played Sims1, Sims2 and Sims3. I have most of the EPs for Sims2 and all of them for Sims3.
The idea of going back to the limited neighbourhood of Sims1 and Sims2 after the massive playable area of Sims3 does not sound good.
Add to that the lack of terrain, Create a Style, Hottubs, Pools, Basements and the ability to apply custom colours to clothes in CAS.
I confess that last year the preview of Sims4 looked amazing.
However, the free CAS Demo does not really inspire anything like the excitement of those previews.
I have bought Sims4 to give it a try - mainly as I have bought pretty much all of the earlier versions and EPs.
We will see how it goes. Perhaps after spending tons more money on lots of EPs in order to add some of the features that could and should have been in the game to start with it might be worth playing. Not looking all that promising so far though.

Feathers (A Witch Central Morsel)
Feathers (A Witch Central Morsel)

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 1 Sept. 2014
Another magical story, in both senses of the word.
I shall miss these stories and these people. I hadn't realised just how much they meant to me, until I learned that there wouldn't be any more.
So very sorry to hear what has happened to you Debora.

STARGATE SG-1: Hostile Ground
STARGATE SG-1: Hostile Ground

5.0 out of 5 stars A little slow at times, but a stunning conclusion. Very thought provoking, 19 Aug. 2014
Amazing story.

As I read it, I noticed I was getting close to the end and was wondering how it could reach a conclusion with the few pages remaining.

When I reached that conclusion it was stunning - quite a shock! I can't really say any more without giving the story away. However, definitely worth it.

PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Blue Pyramid Jigsaw Puzzle IQ Toy Model Decoration
PicknBuy 3D Crystal Puzzle Blue Pyramid Jigsaw Puzzle IQ Toy Model Decoration

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not come apart again, 18 July 2014
Beware - unlike other crystal puzzles, once built it is impossible to take this apart again. It fits together so securely, that even the careful use of a knife in the cracks does not allow the pieces to separate.

It makes an attractive decoration, but is strictly a 'once only' puzzle.

The Secrets of Filming Swallows & Amazons
The Secrets of Filming Swallows & Amazons

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Jun. 2014
A fascinating description of the process of making the film.

Interesting to find out some of the action in the film is not quite as it appeared.

Very enjoyable read.

Incidentally, today is Kit's Birthday (actress who played Nancy) - Many Happy Returns

Believe
Believe

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all the same tracks as on the DVD., 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Believe (Audio CD)
Warning - do not buy this if you have bought the DVD and enjoyed it.

Not all of the songs on the DVD are on the CD - which is very disappointing.

At least both have 'Black is the colour' which is my favourite, but the CD does not have 'A Spaceman came Travelling' which was the other one I wanted.

These tracks are not on MP3 either - in fact nothing sung by Lisa Lambe is on MP3. Such a shame.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 1:46 PM BST

Rii II (Touch N7) Mini Wireless Keyboard 2.4 Ghz, Super Long Range (30m Max), Removable Battery, Full Qwerty Keyboard, Adjustable DPI Touchpad, for PC, HTPC, Apple, Xbox360, Wii, PS3
Offered by Uxpressbuying

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good So Far, 21 Aug. 2012
Nice little device. Works well so far with my Raspberry Pi.

The only problem I have is I can't find an 'Up' arrow, so no history. I have to retype everything.

Still, it was located and identified immediately by the Pi.

Incidentally, the Pi is setup for UK keyboard - this gives a £ for the Shift-3, whilst the # is on AltGr-3.

Hope that helps the reviewer who was missing a £ sign.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2012 6:32 PM GMT

Casino Royale (2 Disc Collector's Edition) [2006] [DVD]
Casino Royale (2 Disc Collector's Edition) [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Daniel Craig
Offered by streetsahead

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 14 Jan. 2007
Sorry to be the odd one out here, but although this was an adequate action film, it was not a Bond Film.

Layer Cake was OK and so was this. However, over the years, we have learned what to expect from a Bond Film - predictable and far-fetched perhaps, but still immensely entertaining. Connery was the best, with Brosnan next.

Admittedly, this might have been a little more believable than any of the 'real' Bond Films, but still not in the same class. If I had wanted an ordinary action film there are plenty of those around most of the time.

I wanted a Bond Film - this wasn't it.

Page: 1 | 2