Profile for Chris > Reviews

Content by Chris
Top Reviewer Ranking: 575

Chris (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
New Horrizon - Tempered-Glass Explosion - Proof Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Premium Crystal Clear - High Quality 9H Hardness
Offered by Digi Euro

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 15 April 2015
Great value that I added to my S5, she then dropped it and it cracked however phone screen was fine so I ordered another one and installed it. Great price, easy to install and works when it matters - What's not too like?

Samsung Extra Battery Kit for Galaxy Note 4 - Battery - Retail Packaging - White
Offered by Genuine Providers

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 15 April 2015
First rate bit of kit. hardly ever use a charging cable for my phone now just change the battery. Battery also appears to be genuine as it lasts as long as the original.

Cosatto Koochi Switch Up 1 Car Seat (Brooklyn)
Cosatto Koochi Switch Up 1 Car Seat (Brooklyn)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked it out in the end and it was worth it!, 15 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a nice bright good looking baby seat (If there is such a thing!) and it certainly looks and feels very sturdy. When it arrived there were no instructions either in the box or in a little pouch at the back of the chair which I assumed were an instruction holder. As a result of this I spent some time googling this model and found that most sites were advertising it as a '0-4' rather than a 9 month to 4 year old seat as per the amazon web page as the seat can be installed either front facing or rear facing for new borns. Concerned that I may get this wrong (We have a 4 year old and a baby due in about two weeks at the time of writing so I wanted to ensure that I had things right and wanted to use the seat for the newborn) I called the manufacturer in the UK. To save you the leg work I will recount some of the conversation which is essentially this. This is advertised as a Cosatto Koochi seat, which it is, however the manufacturer is Koochi, so if you go to the Cosatto web site you will not find it (This confused me as I was looking for some instructions). When I then spoke to the Cosatto customer services they said I needed to go to the Koochi website (I would put all the URL's in for you however I don't think Amazon let you have external web links on reviews)ang go from the home page to 'Car Seats' and click on the 'Switch Up Brooklyn' link. Sure enough this is indeed for 0 to 4 rather than 9 months to 4 as per the Amazon description.

For me this was great news as it meant that I would not need to use two chairs for the new born but could use just one. I installed it in a Nissan Pathfinder which was fairly easy however word of caution it takes up a lot of seat belt travel when in rear facing mode so make sure you pull a lot of the seat belt out before trying to fit it otherwise you will be half way through installation and the seat belt will jam. Also it takes up a fair amount of room when rear facing so the fron seat will need to go forwards a fair bit. The seatbelt also comes across the space where the door is to the seat so access is a little harder than with a dedicated removable rear facing seat for newborns. However the big plus side is that in nine months time you can simply turn the seat round and continue from there up to 4 years old.
I would also add a word of caution here as well. Many hospitals in my experience only let you take your new born from the hospital with a suitable car seat that they can see in the ward. The last thing you need is to be uninstalling this taking it into the hospital to pick the baby up and then reinstalling it when you come out, whereas a dedicated clip out seat with a base unit is much easier. However for us it is perfect as we will have a base seat unit in one car and this in the other so will not have to uninstall/reinstall come baby pick up, just a word of caution that's all. However the flip side of that is that it is very sturdy, extremely secure when installed and very easy to install using the instruction stickers on the side of the seat.
I really like this seat, it is very sturdy, nice and colourful, and the straps for the baby are very easy to undo and put back together which can be a nightmare on some seats. When I started the review I was only going to give 4 stars due to lack of instructions and the confusion over whether it was a 9 month plus seat or newborn suitable seat. However these are just teething problems and the overall functionality of having one seat that can cope with 0 to 4 years rather than two tips it into the 5 star category for me. Recommended if you also have a base unit seat as well and want to avoid buying two many seats.

Apexel 3 in 1 Clip-on 180 Degree Full Screen Fisheye +0.67x Wide Angle + 10x Macro Lens for iPhone 6/ 6Plus, iPhone 5/5S/5C/4 Samsung HTC Sony LG (No Dark Circle by the Fisheye Lens)
Offered by Tech Leader

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun and well packaged with nice carry case., 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
To be honest these are more a fun item than a serious bit of photography equipment, but then again what do you expect for less than £20? However the packaging and quality of the lenses actually look like a more expensive bit of kit and the carry case really is a bonus. Sounds silly but if you had to carry the lenses around by themselves they would be lost/broken really quickly however the case makes it a much easier proposition and really add to the perceived value and usability. The fish eye pictures are especially fun and add a new dimension to playing with your phones camera. I used this on a Galaxy Note 4 and an S5 which both worked fine with a little bit of adjustment.

iGadgitz IGX-450S Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Lightweight Stereo Sports In-ear Earphones Headphones (Music streaming and Microphone with Noise Reduction for Hands free Calling) with Case & Detachable Ear Hooks - Black/Neon Green
Offered by iGadgitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sounding for the price, 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Good cheap set of Bluetooth headphones which are lightweight and fit nicely in your ears. They paired very easily in my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android 4.4) and recharge pretty quickly (couple of hours). So far they have easily outlasted anything that I have used them for battery wise and have lasted for the longest runs that I have been on. The only negative I have is that they break up occasionally on runs but maybe that is just the connection with my phone. Overall nice and cheap set of headphones with pretty loud sound that could be used down the gym, but I will not be using these purely due to the break up issues, but as I say maybe just my phone as I had this problem with a previous set.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative to the Sonos Play 3, 31 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use a series of Sonos 3 and 5 speakers throughout the house at the moment so I am pretty familiar with music streaming speakers. First impressions of this speak, which is the equivalent of the Sonos 3 in specs really are very good, build quality seemed more sturdy and it has a nice grill design and well placed buttons. To connect to your WiFi is a very simple of downloading the Panasonic Music Stream app (I used a Galaxy Note 4 running Android 4.4 which worked great) and then inputting your WiFi password into the correct Router via the app. I then did a firmware update which is very simple if you follow the Quickstart guide. At this point I tried to use the Panasonic Music App to run Spotify. Please note that currently this does not work with Spotify, you need to go into the Spotify App itself and find the speaker, which is different to Sonos which runs directly from the Sonos app. I also tried to get Google Play Music to work with it but could not find a way to do it (Note I would be grateful if anyone has found a way to do this if they could let me know and any readers of this review it would be well received!). However Spotify works flawlessly when set up. I then deviated from many reviewers by using it with my Desktop PC via the 3.5mm jack and it is really simple, just plug it into the Audio out port and press the Aux button and away you go. It sounds GREAT with my PC, works really well with YouTube etc and Games sound fantastic.
In short a very well built alternative to Sonos that, unlike the Sonos 3, has a 3.5mm Jack. This by itself makes it better suited for my requirements and makes it a great buy. Now if I can only find a way to get Google Play Music up and running.............
15.04.15 Addendum to review still really like these speakers however very frustratingly they turn themselves off which I am sure is just a power save mode but sometimes when they do they just will not restart using the power button, the only way to get them back to life again is to remove the power supply and wait for a few minutes and then out the power back at which point they come back to life again - Very annoying. I will try to find a solution and come back but if anyone has any bright ideas I would be grateful if they could get in touch.
20.04.15 Addendum - I received the email below from Panasonic in response to the above issue - So far it seems to have worked so fingers crossed........

Thank you for your e-mail.
We appreciate that you have kindly taken the time to write to us with your enquiry.
In response, please update the firmware version of the unit once again, as a new version has been very recently released. To update the firmware version, touch and hold -WPS until the ON/OFF light starts blinking. While still holding -WPS, touch AUX until the MODE indicator starts blinking.
In addition, you can also try resetting the unit, as follows:
1. Turn the unit on.
2. Touch and hold ON/OFF.
The operation indicator (amber) starts to blink.
3. While continuing to hold ON/OFF, touch -WPS.
The mode indicator (amber) blinks 4 times.

I trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Kind Regards,
Sarah
Customer Service Team
Panasonic UK

ByteStor Pro 16GB 40Mbps Class 10 High Speed Micro SDHC UHS-1 Card with SDHC Card Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine for me., 16 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Comes with an SD adapter as well so you can use with laptops etc that come equipped with an SD reader. To be honest this is a pretty cheap (cost) Micro SD card that has performed really well for me so far. I put it into a Samsung Galaxy phone and it was recognised no problem. I usually use SanDisk cards and to be honest this performs just as well. What's not to like, if you need a low cost solution so far this is working for me.

Mr. Beams MB702 Wireless Motion-Sensing Mini Stick-Anywhere LED Nightlights, Small, White, 2-Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars They work well in use, 16 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was not sure when I opened these, they were a lot smaller than I had assumed they would be and to be honest looked slightly cheap and flimsy. However when they are installed (4 x aaa batteries per unit that are not included) they work really well and because of their small size they are fairly unobtrusive wherever they are put. I have put them near my children's bedrooms for when they get up in the night and cannot see and they work very well. They are also very portable (Unless you have screwed them to the wall with the supplied screws) so yuou could use them if you travel away on holiday in things like caravans etc. In short not the best looking devices in the world, but don't let that fool you they work well.

Philips SatinPerfect Deluxe HP6581/03 Wet and Dry Epilator, with Skin Tautening Attachment, Shaver Head and Precision Epilator
Offered by Activecare Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Great functionality and build quality., 12 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I gave this to my wife to use and the following are her impressions. The build quality and construction of this is very good. Very clear and simple to work out how it works and the instructions are straight forward. There are two units, one for larger areas eg legs etc and one for narrower areas such as bikini line etc. Overall it work well for the now revised price of £100 when this review was written it would seem to be good value for money for what you get.

However, for this and other Epilators my Wife has used, when I ask her if she will abandon using a simple razor the answer is no due to the fact that the Razor is less painful and is also lighter. Therefore for this reason only it drops a star. Basically if you either currently use an Epilator currently or are happy with this increased pain threshold of this there is nothing wrong with this, simple, good build quality and an excellent brand, however you may end up staying with a razor if you think it hurts too much.

Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extra Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 7 7-561 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 6 Extra Attachments

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid build quality if you want to go down this route., 12 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I handed this over to my Wife to use and the following impressions are her thoughts. Overall a real feeling of quality, nice robust and heavy build. Battery life is excellent and more than enough for any one session that you are going to have and could easily be charged and left in a drawer for use infrequently and recharged once a week/month wherever necessary depending on useage.
There are a number of heads with defined uses eg wider ones for your legs, one for facial hair etc so this works well. It is also waterproof/resistant so useful for use in Shower and/ or Bath. I guess the overall question that I asked my wife and the only reason it dropped a star is will you stop using a razor and the answer is no due to the following reasons - 1) Razor causes less pain, 2) Razor much lighter to use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20