Profile for Exlibra > Reviews

Content by Exlibra

Exlibra

Page: 1 | 2
Antidote to Venom (British Library Crime Classics)
Antidote to Venom (British Library Crime Classics)
by Freeman Wills Crofts

3.0 out of 5 stars Read this after some of his other stories and did ..., 17 Aug. 2015
Read this after some of his other stories and did not find it nearly as enthralling. Just a bit over the top and very melodramatic.

An Albion Christmas
An Albion Christmas

4.0 out of 5 stars A change from the usual Christmas music, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: An Albion Christmas (Audio CD)
A lovely bright collection from my favourite band. Nice to have some wassail music too, even if in this part of the world it should come a bit later.

Olive the Other Reindeer Pop Up Advent Calendar
Olive the Other Reindeer Pop Up Advent Calendar
by J.Otto Seibold
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for the young, 8 Jan. 2014
This is a lovely advent calendar. I just wish the figures were a little more sturdy - I didn't know if the first ones would last til the 24th. And to start off with a dog absolutely had my little ones hooked.

A Tapestry of Carols
A Tapestry of Carols
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: A Tapestry of Carols (Audio CD)
I had this on tape ages ago and needed to replace it because it is almost the best Christmas music that I can play and without the rest of the household moaning about too many carols/Christmas pops. A really fun play with my favourite on there too (Angel Gabriel).

Alison Gardiner Traditional Advent Calendar: Country House Christmas
Alison Gardiner Traditional Advent Calendar: Country House Christmas
Offered by Alison Gardiner

4.0 out of 5 stars A great advent calendar, 8 Jan. 2014
I really like advent calendar pictures that make better pictures - I can't stand the sort that end up with holly in the sky, etc. This one is a beauty with the outside of each proper window giving an idea of what is within. I love the Scottish feel too. Altogether the best calendar I have had for a while now.

River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
River Cottage Fruit Every Day!
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of lovely recipes, 8 Jan. 2014
There are a lot of things that I have already tried but a lot that I have not, and with the clear instructions I shall certainly be trying out something different in the next fruit cropping year.

Dead Water
Dead Water
by Ann Cleeves

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the Shetland "quartet"., 26 April 2013
This review is from: Dead Water (Paperback)
I was a little disappointed in the fourth book of the quartet, but this was a great improvement. The introduction of another police investigator was what was needed, and the plot fairly zinged along. I hope she goes on adding to this series.

The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
by Alan Garner

4.0 out of 5 stars A great adventure story in a wonderful part of the world, 26 April 2013
I read this as an adult, but did realise it was for youngsters before I started. However the plot held my attention and I would have no hesitation in recommending it to younger readers.

The Villa Triste
The Villa Triste
by Lucretia W. Grindle

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating mix of past and present, 26 April 2013
This review is from: The Villa Triste (Paperback)
Love the detail of an aspect of the Second World War that I knew little about, combined with a really good murder plot. Have to say I guessed it was a revenge killing - the salt gave it away, but still enjoyed the plot.

The Three Hostages (Richard Hannay)
The Three Hostages (Richard Hannay)
by John Buchan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good adventurous stuff, 26 April 2013
Had to remind myself of the period in which this was written - things have changed so much. However I wouldn't have missed it for the world - great plot and good boy's own type adventure, which could appeal to many who might have only read 39 Steps.

Page: 1 | 2